Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: boston terrier x
i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her in the house and Bruce and Nelly where stuck together.
butt to butt . it took about 5 mins from when i got to them to release them . i was really just wondering if Nelly would be pregnant , she got her first period a week or to ago
and what can be done if she is . i feel she is still to young

Female dogs will only allow a male to breed them when they are fertile. So, if you saw them tied together then she is most likely pregnant.

I agree that she is quite young for a pregnancy. I have seen dogs have puppies just fine at this age, however.

You may want to talk to your vet about having Nelly spayed. There is a little bit more risk than a regular spay if we do it when she is pregnant, but, this may be the best thing for her.

There is no quick, easy way to abort the pregnancy.

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (12533 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (5306 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10661 views)

Cat ate A&D cream. Four days ago Salem licked some A&D cream. I called poison control and they there... (20122 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (6565 views)

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (8951 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (33384 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (82195 views)

Cat is urinating on my bed. Hi Dr Marie, You may not remember me - I'm from Australia, my partner and I email... (8278 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (70419 views)