Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: boston terrier x
i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her in the house and Bruce and Nelly where stuck together.
butt to butt . it took about 5 mins from when i got to them to release them . i was really just wondering if Nelly would be pregnant , she got her first period a week or to ago
and what can be done if she is . i feel she is still to young

Female dogs will only allow a male to breed them when they are fertile. So, if you saw them tied together then she is most likely pregnant.

I agree that she is quite young for a pregnancy. I have seen dogs have puppies just fine at this age, however.

You may want to talk to your vet about having Nelly spayed. There is a little bit more risk than a regular spay if we do it when she is pregnant, but, this may be the best thing for her.

There is no quick, easy way to abort the pregnancy.

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (15697 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma. Tessa has a little black growth on her eyelid. My vet has said it's a tumor and... (14823 views)

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (25288 views)

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (23094 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (10032 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (30280 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (8316 views)

Is Frontline working for fleas? I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner... (18303 views)

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (24295 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (69048 views)