Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: boston terrier x
i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her in the house and Bruce and Nelly where stuck together.
butt to butt . it took about 5 mins from when i got to them to release them . i was really just wondering if Nelly would be pregnant , she got her first period a week or to ago
and what can be done if she is . i feel she is still to young

Female dogs will only allow a male to breed them when they are fertile. So, if you saw them tied together then she is most likely pregnant.

I agree that she is quite young for a pregnancy. I have seen dogs have puppies just fine at this age, however.

You may want to talk to your vet about having Nelly spayed. There is a little bit more risk than a regular spay if we do it when she is pregnant, but, this may be the best thing for her.

There is no quick, easy way to abort the pregnancy.

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (10194 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (11704 views)

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (27346 views)

Bumpy skin on back. My cat BonBon has a significant amount of dry, bumpy, itchy, red skin on her back... (14348 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (7432 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (8770 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (8970 views)

Pancreatitis My dog had an exploratory Lap. done 3 days ago to rule out a foreign body. She had... (19499 views)

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (62292 views)

Bassett with swollen eyes. I have a 5 year old bassett whos eye swelled up quite a bit this morning. We took... (17325 views)