Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: boston terrier x
i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her in the house and Bruce and Nelly where stuck together.
butt to butt . it took about 5 mins from when i got to them to release them . i was really just wondering if Nelly would be pregnant , she got her first period a week or to ago
and what can be done if she is . i feel she is still to young

Female dogs will only allow a male to breed them when they are fertile. So, if you saw them tied together then she is most likely pregnant.

I agree that she is quite young for a pregnancy. I have seen dogs have puppies just fine at this age, however.

You may want to talk to your vet about having Nelly spayed. There is a little bit more risk than a regular spay if we do it when she is pregnant, but, this may be the best thing for her.

There is no quick, easy way to abort the pregnancy.

Can't move back legs. I hope you reply quick my dog is dragging both of his back legs he cant stand up but... (21849 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (25710 views)

Bump on eye. Dear Dr. Marie, I am writing about my 3-year-old Australian Cattle Dog, Bruce.... (13744 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (19082 views)

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (9436 views)

Large mammary lump. Hi Dr Marie My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a... (10369 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (10790 views)

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (22950 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (10767 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (11190 views)