Flea problems.

Breed: ragdoll
I have a ragdoll cat who weighs 15 lbs. I have tried different types of flea control products-frontline, advantage, bio spot-some help, but i haven't found anything that is completely effective. I belive this is due to his size and long, thick coat. Is it safe to use a vial and a half of one of the products, or is there a product that would be more effective?

I really haven't had issues with flea products losing their effectiveness because of a long coat. However, if you are not able to get the product on the skin then this could be contributing to the problem. You could possibly have your vet, or a groomer shave a small patch where you can apply the product.

Most likely though there is another issue. The most common reasons for flea products not to work are these:

-You need to treat EVERY animal in the house
-You need to treat them for AT LEAST 3 months each
-You need to use a prescription strength product. Don't waste money on pet store products like bio spot.

For more detailed information, see this article on fleas.

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (15602 views)

Do I have rabies? Hiii m rakesh..i was bitten by a dog when i was 18 years old. I dnt know that dog... (9361 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (5252 views)

Do dogs sweat? Zoe, our chow mix, never pants. When our other dogs, after playtime, are laying... (7556 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (11894 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (8551 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (6580 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (15467 views)

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (26294 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (12828 views)