Flea problems.

Breed: ragdoll
I have a ragdoll cat who weighs 15 lbs. I have tried different types of flea control products-frontline, advantage, bio spot-some help, but i haven't found anything that is completely effective. I belive this is due to his size and long, thick coat. Is it safe to use a vial and a half of one of the products, or is there a product that would be more effective?

I really haven't had issues with flea products losing their effectiveness because of a long coat. However, if you are not able to get the product on the skin then this could be contributing to the problem. You could possibly have your vet, or a groomer shave a small patch where you can apply the product.

Most likely though there is another issue. The most common reasons for flea products not to work are these:

-You need to treat EVERY animal in the house
-You need to treat them for AT LEAST 3 months each
-You need to use a prescription strength product. Don't waste money on pet store products like bio spot.

For more detailed information, see this article on fleas.

Great Dane footpad problems. I am employeed as a dog walker and recently began visiting a young Great Dane. Her... (12218 views)

Dog suddenly needy. Austin is 7. He is a shelter dog. I've had him since he was 2-ish. He was diagnosed... (35758 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (9765 views)

Vomiting and not eating. My shepherd mix, Beanie, is 8 years old, weighs about 44 pounds, and has always been... (8006 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (11808 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (13117 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (8734 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (8821 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (9249 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (22566 views)