Flea problems.

Breed: ragdoll
I have a ragdoll cat who weighs 15 lbs. I have tried different types of flea control products-frontline, advantage, bio spot-some help, but i haven't found anything that is completely effective. I belive this is due to his size and long, thick coat. Is it safe to use a vial and a half of one of the products, or is there a product that would be more effective?

I really haven't had issues with flea products losing their effectiveness because of a long coat. However, if you are not able to get the product on the skin then this could be contributing to the problem. You could possibly have your vet, or a groomer shave a small patch where you can apply the product.

Most likely though there is another issue. The most common reasons for flea products not to work are these:

-You need to treat EVERY animal in the house
-You need to treat them for AT LEAST 3 months each
-You need to use a prescription strength product. Don't waste money on pet store products like bio spot.

For more detailed information, see this article on fleas.

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (7014 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (3498 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (7032 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (4550 views)

Lump under dog's eye? Hello, A couple days ago I noticed a red-pink bump under my dog's right eye. It... (14114 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (6859 views)

Vomiting undigested food. My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do... (9747 views)

Best ringworm treatment. We adopted Milo (5 months) from a shelter 2 weeks ago. He has two patches where skin... (8960 views)

Vomiting kitten My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her... (12063 views)

Can't pee. Constipation issues too. Hello, My cat has Mega Colon and is being treated with CisaPride 5mg/ml suspension.... (9856 views)