Cat has scabs and dry skin.

Breed: Gray tabby neuter ma
Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put a butler collar on my cat to prevent him from scratching and making the lacerations worse.

My general rule is that if a cat is itchy enough to need a collar then he's itchy enough to get medical treatment!

Dry skin in these areas could be because of an allergy. Often the source of the allergy can be hard to find. Sometimes fleas can be the culprit.

It may also be the Coconut has some type of eosinophilic dermatitis. Cases like this almost always need to be treated with a steroid injection.

A skin infection (either bacterial, or fungal like ringworm) is possible as well.

There is no home remedy that is going to work for him.

Hopefully you can have him seen by a vet soon and he can get some relief!

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (7546 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (6427 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (6889 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (32116 views)

Kitten was hit by a car. Hello. I would really appreciate if you could help with this situation. My kitten... (10694 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (10817 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (20473 views)

Time for euthanasia? My dog Juliet is 12 1/2 years old. She is a black lab with Addison's disease which... (15375 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (21729 views)

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (22109 views)