Cat has scabs and dry skin.

Breed: Gray tabby neuter ma
Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put a butler collar on my cat to prevent him from scratching and making the lacerations worse.

My general rule is that if a cat is itchy enough to need a collar then he's itchy enough to get medical treatment!

Dry skin in these areas could be because of an allergy. Often the source of the allergy can be hard to find. Sometimes fleas can be the culprit.

It may also be the Coconut has some type of eosinophilic dermatitis. Cases like this almost always need to be treated with a steroid injection.

A skin infection (either bacterial, or fungal like ringworm) is possible as well.

There is no home remedy that is going to work for him.

Hopefully you can have him seen by a vet soon and he can get some relief!

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (12437 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (5024 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (10492 views)

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (8601 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (9253 views)

Sick hamster or hibernating. Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about... (16907 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (10653 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (34585 views)

6 month puppy drinks a lot. I got Bentley at 3 months old. Since the beginning I always felt as if he was... (29054 views)

Yorkie has tartar on teeth. I have recently noticed that masey has tartar buildin up on her teeth, iv gave her... (7875 views)