Cat has scabs and dry skin.

Breed: Gray tabby neuter ma
Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put a butler collar on my cat to prevent him from scratching and making the lacerations worse.

My general rule is that if a cat is itchy enough to need a collar then he's itchy enough to get medical treatment!

Dry skin in these areas could be because of an allergy. Often the source of the allergy can be hard to find. Sometimes fleas can be the culprit.

It may also be the Coconut has some type of eosinophilic dermatitis. Cases like this almost always need to be treated with a steroid injection.

A skin infection (either bacterial, or fungal like ringworm) is possible as well.

There is no home remedy that is going to work for him.

Hopefully you can have him seen by a vet soon and he can get some relief!

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (15926 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (18336 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (50863 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (8751 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (9841 views)

Dwarf hamsters fighting. HI DOC. , I HAVE 2 DWARF HAMSTERS FEMALES , WHICH I BOUGHT TOGETHER AT A VERY... (15766 views)

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (9531 views)

Liver disease and diarrhea? Hi Dr. Marie My 11 y.o. Boston Andi (about 14 pounds) has been a healthy girl all... (6741 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (13061 views)

Sore hips in 1 year old cat. I have a 1 year old cat and she has had "stiff back legs" since we got her at 8... (15035 views)