Cat has scabs and dry skin.

Breed: Gray tabby neuter ma
Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put a butler collar on my cat to prevent him from scratching and making the lacerations worse.

My general rule is that if a cat is itchy enough to need a collar then he's itchy enough to get medical treatment!

Dry skin in these areas could be because of an allergy. Often the source of the allergy can be hard to find. Sometimes fleas can be the culprit.

It may also be the Coconut has some type of eosinophilic dermatitis. Cases like this almost always need to be treated with a steroid injection.

A skin infection (either bacterial, or fungal like ringworm) is possible as well.

There is no home remedy that is going to work for him.

Hopefully you can have him seen by a vet soon and he can get some relief!

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (24815 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (7726 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (6296 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (6965 views)

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (26730 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (16546 views)

Staffordshire terriers and children. I have two female staffies who are extremely close, but who will nip and snarl at... (7114 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (50631 views)

Dog with balance issues. My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i... (9711 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (11687 views)