Cat has scabs and dry skin.

Breed: Gray tabby neuter ma
Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put a butler collar on my cat to prevent him from scratching and making the lacerations worse.

My general rule is that if a cat is itchy enough to need a collar then he's itchy enough to get medical treatment!

Dry skin in these areas could be because of an allergy. Often the source of the allergy can be hard to find. Sometimes fleas can be the culprit.

It may also be the Coconut has some type of eosinophilic dermatitis. Cases like this almost always need to be treated with a steroid injection.

A skin infection (either bacterial, or fungal like ringworm) is possible as well.

There is no home remedy that is going to work for him.

Hopefully you can have him seen by a vet soon and he can get some relief!

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (11349 views)

Spinal cord lymphoma Hello Dr. Marie, Our angel puppy Oreo passed away last night. We decided to move... (11561 views)

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (50932 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (5927 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (23061 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (9617 views)

Does my cat have glaucoma? About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing that Mietzi's right pupil would always stay... (5184 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (6255 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (6634 views)

Cat peeing in tub. Hi, DR. Marie; Tiger has recently started using the bath tub for his litter box,... (54604 views)