Bobcat with lump.

Breed: bobcat mix
Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was 6wks..recently in the last week we were on vacation with him and I noticed a gland swollen under the left side of his jaw..I noticed it had gotten a little bigger but it doesnt seem to hurt him,nor does he act sick..but he is my baby and I'm very concerned.What could be the causes of this?

Sorry to hear that Rascal is having problems.

I can think of a couple of possibilities for a lump under the jaw.

The most common would be an abscess. This is usually the result of a fight with another cat. If this is an abscess then usually they need to be opened up by a vet and then given antibiotics.

It is also possible that what you are feeling is something called a submandibular lymph node. If one lymph node is swollen this is usually a sign of an infection. It could be a tooth infection or again, an infection from a wound.

In either case, if the lump persists then a vet visit is the best idea.

I hope all is well!

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (12122 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (6062 views)

Large mammary glands. Our dog is a black + tan kelpie and has just had her first litter of puppies, six in... (9970 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (7849 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (8273 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (4898 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (6164 views)

Pocket pets and cats. I have been considering adding a small pocket pet as a companion to my home. I... (3294 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (21726 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (12751 views)