Bobcat with lump.

Breed: bobcat mix
Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was 6wks..recently in the last week we were on vacation with him and I noticed a gland swollen under the left side of his jaw..I noticed it had gotten a little bigger but it doesnt seem to hurt him,nor does he act sick..but he is my baby and I'm very concerned.What could be the causes of this?

Sorry to hear that Rascal is having problems.

I can think of a couple of possibilities for a lump under the jaw.

The most common would be an abscess. This is usually the result of a fight with another cat. If this is an abscess then usually they need to be opened up by a vet and then given antibiotics.

It is also possible that what you are feeling is something called a submandibular lymph node. If one lymph node is swollen this is usually a sign of an infection. It could be a tooth infection or again, an infection from a wound.

In either case, if the lump persists then a vet visit is the best idea.

I hope all is well!

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (23999 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (71932 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (18345 views)

Discoid lupus treatment. Hi. I live in rural Peru. After many wrong diagnoses, a vet here diagnosed Diego... (12518 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (14319 views)

Cat with coccidia My vet did a fecal exam on my cat today and said there was coccidia there, but she... (8809 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (11393 views)

Panleukopenia vaccine. we have two 12 week old kittens. last week we looked after two 7 week old kittens... (9982 views)

Lump on Rottweiler's leg. Dear Dr Marie Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy... (16420 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (5568 views)