Bobcat with lump.

Breed: bobcat mix
Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was 6wks..recently in the last week we were on vacation with him and I noticed a gland swollen under the left side of his jaw..I noticed it had gotten a little bigger but it doesnt seem to hurt him,nor does he act sick..but he is my baby and I'm very concerned.What could be the causes of this?

Sorry to hear that Rascal is having problems.

I can think of a couple of possibilities for a lump under the jaw.

The most common would be an abscess. This is usually the result of a fight with another cat. If this is an abscess then usually they need to be opened up by a vet and then given antibiotics.

It is also possible that what you are feeling is something called a submandibular lymph node. If one lymph node is swollen this is usually a sign of an infection. It could be a tooth infection or again, an infection from a wound.

In either case, if the lump persists then a vet visit is the best idea.

I hope all is well!

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (5982 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (12198 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (28814 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (11924 views)

How long is FIP contagious? Hi Marie. Here's my situation. Adopted Charlie in August 2010. On March 1, this year... (15548 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (9779 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (6457 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (15213 views)

Euthanasia for older cat. I euthanized my cat on Friday, and I regret it so badly. He was 14 1/2 years old,... (8742 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (21343 views)