Bobcat with lump.

Breed: bobcat mix
Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was 6wks..recently in the last week we were on vacation with him and I noticed a gland swollen under the left side of his jaw..I noticed it had gotten a little bigger but it doesnt seem to hurt him,nor does he act sick..but he is my baby and I'm very concerned.What could be the causes of this?

Sorry to hear that Rascal is having problems.

I can think of a couple of possibilities for a lump under the jaw.

The most common would be an abscess. This is usually the result of a fight with another cat. If this is an abscess then usually they need to be opened up by a vet and then given antibiotics.

It is also possible that what you are feeling is something called a submandibular lymph node. If one lymph node is swollen this is usually a sign of an infection. It could be a tooth infection or again, an infection from a wound.

In either case, if the lump persists then a vet visit is the best idea.

I hope all is well!

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (7582 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (22389 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (23120 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (10310 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (10902 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (8987 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (12958 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (10189 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (9717 views)

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (8328 views)