Bobcat with lump.

Breed: bobcat mix
Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was 6wks..recently in the last week we were on vacation with him and I noticed a gland swollen under the left side of his jaw..I noticed it had gotten a little bigger but it doesnt seem to hurt him,nor does he act sick..but he is my baby and I'm very concerned.What could be the causes of this?

Sorry to hear that Rascal is having problems.

I can think of a couple of possibilities for a lump under the jaw.

The most common would be an abscess. This is usually the result of a fight with another cat. If this is an abscess then usually they need to be opened up by a vet and then given antibiotics.

It is also possible that what you are feeling is something called a submandibular lymph node. If one lymph node is swollen this is usually a sign of an infection. It could be a tooth infection or again, an infection from a wound.

In either case, if the lump persists then a vet visit is the best idea.

I hope all is well!

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (8677 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (6149 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (16637 views)

Min Pin won't eat. My 2 year old (obese) miniature pinscher has been displaying very odd behavior.... (12138 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (9239 views)

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (22832 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (11316 views)

Dog died after having diarrhea. My dog Dott is a small Aussie mix, weighing about 28 lbs. She is normally very... (26507 views)

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (13172 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (5561 views)