Bobcat with lump.

Breed: bobcat mix
Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was 6wks..recently in the last week we were on vacation with him and I noticed a gland swollen under the left side of his jaw..I noticed it had gotten a little bigger but it doesnt seem to hurt him,nor does he act sick..but he is my baby and I'm very concerned.What could be the causes of this?

Sorry to hear that Rascal is having problems.

I can think of a couple of possibilities for a lump under the jaw.

The most common would be an abscess. This is usually the result of a fight with another cat. If this is an abscess then usually they need to be opened up by a vet and then given antibiotics.

It is also possible that what you are feeling is something called a submandibular lymph node. If one lymph node is swollen this is usually a sign of an infection. It could be a tooth infection or again, an infection from a wound.

In either case, if the lump persists then a vet visit is the best idea.

I hope all is well!

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (29444 views)

Rodent ulcer treatment options. My cat is 9 yrs old has it 4th case of rodent ulcer on its mouth usely it takes... (15193 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (23371 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (7197 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (15241 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (23512 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (7828 views)

High ALKP and bile acids. Hi Dr. Marie I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (19102 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (45663 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (42093 views)