Bald on belly.

Breed: Mix of a siamese and
My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach. There is no color change of the skin, no signs of scaling or peeling or anything wrong with her skin in that area. There is also no grooming problems, since she is short haired and never has anything stuck in it even though she is an indoor/outdoor cat. It started about a month and a half ago and I thought it might have started growing back in but now I just looked and it is getting worse. It is located on her belly and creeping up her right side.
Is it just from old age? or could something else be wrong with her?

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

This answer may help you:

Cat is bald on belly.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Both dogs having seizures I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not... (7217 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (4278 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (16693 views)

Dog has lump on top of head. My great dane will be 1 year old on Dec.10th, 2010. We had gotten him from a... (23840 views)

Sore eye in a dog. Hi, My Yorkie's left eye is squinting; it looks like she can't open it. She has... (17559 views)

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (4852 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (20612 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (6115 views)

Cat suddenly bites or scratches. Hi there....i have a beautiful BIG moggy who is a 'lovecat' - very affectionate -... (7699 views)

Repeat of parvo? my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all... (13607 views)