Accidently cut dog's skin

Breed: cockerspaniel poodle
i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around the top of his head. He freaked out and the sissors cut the top of his i lid just a tiny bit, enough that you could see the cut, there is very little blood coming out though. I bought a wound and infection spray just to prevent infection to his eye. I would take him to the vet but im big time broke, will his eye be okay? and what else could i possibly do to help it?

Hi and thanks for your question.

First of all, don't feel bad about doing this. It is quite common. I have even had my well trained staff occasionally nick a dog or cat when they are grooming them.

This is a hard question for me to answer without seeing the extent of the wound. If it is a tiny cut it will likely heal on its own. It may get a little scabby over the next few days but should be healed within a week or two.

If you notice that it is oozing yellow or green or if it seems really bothersome to Jack then this means that there is some infection and he will need to see a veterinarian.

I wouldn't bother putting any ointment or spray on it as these don't tend to be terribly helpful.

I hope he is ok!

Vomiting and elevated liver enzymes. Hi Dr. Marie, I don't know the appropriate name for my dog's breed, but I have... (32093 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (11630 views)

Puffy cat ear. Dr. Marie, my cat Dexter has developed some type of a bump on his right ear. It's... (31585 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (11680 views)

Sick kitten We recently found this kitten last week outside, when we found him we estimated that... (11528 views)

Can't get rid of fleas. Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes... (10104 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (10320 views)

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (27974 views)

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (110263 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (7017 views)