Accidently cut dog's skin

Breed: cockerspaniel poodle
i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around the top of his head. He freaked out and the sissors cut the top of his i lid just a tiny bit, enough that you could see the cut, there is very little blood coming out though. I bought a wound and infection spray just to prevent infection to his eye. I would take him to the vet but im big time broke, will his eye be okay? and what else could i possibly do to help it?

Hi and thanks for your question.

First of all, don't feel bad about doing this. It is quite common. I have even had my well trained staff occasionally nick a dog or cat when they are grooming them.

This is a hard question for me to answer without seeing the extent of the wound. If it is a tiny cut it will likely heal on its own. It may get a little scabby over the next few days but should be healed within a week or two.

If you notice that it is oozing yellow or green or if it seems really bothersome to Jack then this means that there is some infection and he will need to see a veterinarian.

I wouldn't bother putting any ointment or spray on it as these don't tend to be terribly helpful.

I hope he is ok!

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (21227 views)

Itchy red welts on belly. Hi. I have a 4 month old 25lb American Pit Bull puppy name Vino. For the last past... (20991 views)

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (14466 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (15549 views)

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (18462 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (13225 views)

Do male cats go into heat? Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or... (7216 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (9596 views)

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (7624 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7515 views)