Accidently cut dog's skin

Breed: cockerspaniel poodle
i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around the top of his head. He freaked out and the sissors cut the top of his i lid just a tiny bit, enough that you could see the cut, there is very little blood coming out though. I bought a wound and infection spray just to prevent infection to his eye. I would take him to the vet but im big time broke, will his eye be okay? and what else could i possibly do to help it?

Hi and thanks for your question.

First of all, don't feel bad about doing this. It is quite common. I have even had my well trained staff occasionally nick a dog or cat when they are grooming them.

This is a hard question for me to answer without seeing the extent of the wound. If it is a tiny cut it will likely heal on its own. It may get a little scabby over the next few days but should be healed within a week or two.

If you notice that it is oozing yellow or green or if it seems really bothersome to Jack then this means that there is some infection and he will need to see a veterinarian.

I wouldn't bother putting any ointment or spray on it as these don't tend to be terribly helpful.

I hope he is ok!

Meowing and growling cat. I am having problems with my 15 year old neutered cat. She has always been... (14539 views)

Itchy coat. my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched... (8606 views)

Bumps on dog's chin. my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were... (42078 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (7054 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (12693 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (9831 views)

Dog is losing weight. I have a 7yr old larger sized min pin. Had her fixed at 1yrs old and she has always... (11757 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (25059 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (18337 views)

Drinking and urinating more. Approx. 6 yrs old or older, part Rodesian Ridgeback, 69 pounds. He was a stray and... (5607 views)