Accidently cut dog's skin

Breed: cockerspaniel poodle
i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around the top of his head. He freaked out and the sissors cut the top of his i lid just a tiny bit, enough that you could see the cut, there is very little blood coming out though. I bought a wound and infection spray just to prevent infection to his eye. I would take him to the vet but im big time broke, will his eye be okay? and what else could i possibly do to help it?

Hi and thanks for your question.

First of all, don't feel bad about doing this. It is quite common. I have even had my well trained staff occasionally nick a dog or cat when they are grooming them.

This is a hard question for me to answer without seeing the extent of the wound. If it is a tiny cut it will likely heal on its own. It may get a little scabby over the next few days but should be healed within a week or two.

If you notice that it is oozing yellow or green or if it seems really bothersome to Jack then this means that there is some infection and he will need to see a veterinarian.

I wouldn't bother putting any ointment or spray on it as these don't tend to be terribly helpful.

I hope he is ok!

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (7345 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (21767 views)

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (7702 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (7599 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (8733 views)

Limping cat. We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked... (8333 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (67664 views)

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (13635 views)

I'm out of prednisone. Sammy has been on 2.5mg of prednisone per day for the past two years for... (15734 views)

Chicken jerky treats making dog sick My 2 yr old Shizu/Poodle has been scratching and her water intake seems to have... (6047 views)