Accidently cut dog's skin

Breed: cockerspaniel poodle
i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around the top of his head. He freaked out and the sissors cut the top of his i lid just a tiny bit, enough that you could see the cut, there is very little blood coming out though. I bought a wound and infection spray just to prevent infection to his eye. I would take him to the vet but im big time broke, will his eye be okay? and what else could i possibly do to help it?

Hi and thanks for your question.

First of all, don't feel bad about doing this. It is quite common. I have even had my well trained staff occasionally nick a dog or cat when they are grooming them.

This is a hard question for me to answer without seeing the extent of the wound. If it is a tiny cut it will likely heal on its own. It may get a little scabby over the next few days but should be healed within a week or two.

If you notice that it is oozing yellow or green or if it seems really bothersome to Jack then this means that there is some infection and he will need to see a veterinarian.

I wouldn't bother putting any ointment or spray on it as these don't tend to be terribly helpful.

I hope he is ok!

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (10268 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (6489 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7152 views)

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (14776 views)

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (7742 views)

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (17042 views)

Cat drinks from fish bowl. Hi! My cat isn't(as far as I can tell) sick at all, but rather I'm wondering... (42716 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (39131 views)

Reduced appetite in kitten. Hello Dr. Marie, My 6 month old kitten has suddenly started eating less. She... (15896 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (8868 views)