Dog won't eat.

Breed: Chihuahua
well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we recently started to walk him longer now because of him always wanting to go outside,while his food on the other hand is never gone even after an hour its still there what could it be??

Sorry to hear that Chico is having some problems. If a dog who normally has a good appetite suddenly does not want to eat then often it can be a sign of a medical problem.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things that can cause a dog to not want to eat. It will be difficult to say for sure without examining him.

Is your boy neutered? If not, this could be the problem. When a dog is not neutered, if there is a female in heat within miles of your house then this can be very stressful. He would have a really strong desire to find a female to breed with and this could be why he wants to be outside all of the time. The stress due to wanting to breed can cause the lack of appetite as well.

If you don't think this is the case then I would advise having a vet take a look at him soon.

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (9155 views)

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (55110 views)

Swollen ear. My cats right inner ear just started turning like bruised, black & blue. Inner ear,... (13738 views)

Red dots on dog's abdomen. Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It... (6559 views)

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (9517 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (12356 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (29464 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (8580 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (34357 views)

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (11075 views)