Dog won't eat.

Breed: Chihuahua
well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we recently started to walk him longer now because of him always wanting to go outside,while his food on the other hand is never gone even after an hour its still there what could it be??

Sorry to hear that Chico is having some problems. If a dog who normally has a good appetite suddenly does not want to eat then often it can be a sign of a medical problem.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things that can cause a dog to not want to eat. It will be difficult to say for sure without examining him.

Is your boy neutered? If not, this could be the problem. When a dog is not neutered, if there is a female in heat within miles of your house then this can be very stressful. He would have a really strong desire to find a female to breed with and this could be why he wants to be outside all of the time. The stress due to wanting to breed can cause the lack of appetite as well.

If you don't think this is the case then I would advise having a vet take a look at him soon.

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9389 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (36560 views)

Advantage Multi Reaction? Cat losing weight after advantage multi treatment, what can I do to make him start... (7610 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (7216 views)

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (9738 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (45443 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (27695 views)

Puppy stepped on. my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15... (39391 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (21574 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (8497 views)