Dog won't eat.

Breed: Chihuahua
well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we recently started to walk him longer now because of him always wanting to go outside,while his food on the other hand is never gone even after an hour its still there what could it be??

Sorry to hear that Chico is having some problems. If a dog who normally has a good appetite suddenly does not want to eat then often it can be a sign of a medical problem.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things that can cause a dog to not want to eat. It will be difficult to say for sure without examining him.

Is your boy neutered? If not, this could be the problem. When a dog is not neutered, if there is a female in heat within miles of your house then this can be very stressful. He would have a really strong desire to find a female to breed with and this could be why he wants to be outside all of the time. The stress due to wanting to breed can cause the lack of appetite as well.

If you don't think this is the case then I would advise having a vet take a look at him soon.

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (10451 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (25682 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (9734 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (39665 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (19947 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (9866 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (13808 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (4821 views)

Megacolon. my cat has megacolon.we give him lactulose 1 1/2 oz 2 times a day & cisapride 1 ml 2... (9149 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (95627 views)