Dog won't eat.

Breed: Chihuahua
well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we recently started to walk him longer now because of him always wanting to go outside,while his food on the other hand is never gone even after an hour its still there what could it be??

Sorry to hear that Chico is having some problems. If a dog who normally has a good appetite suddenly does not want to eat then often it can be a sign of a medical problem.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things that can cause a dog to not want to eat. It will be difficult to say for sure without examining him.

Is your boy neutered? If not, this could be the problem. When a dog is not neutered, if there is a female in heat within miles of your house then this can be very stressful. He would have a really strong desire to find a female to breed with and this could be why he wants to be outside all of the time. The stress due to wanting to breed can cause the lack of appetite as well.

If you don't think this is the case then I would advise having a vet take a look at him soon.

Lump where umbilicus was. Hi, I have a kitten who is 4 weeks and a few days. Ive noticed today that where the... (16659 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (12435 views)

Inbreeding dogs. is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies... (40186 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (10578 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (9704 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (44551 views)

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (22170 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (19073 views)

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (13382 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (29693 views)