Dog won't eat.

Breed: Chihuahua
well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we recently started to walk him longer now because of him always wanting to go outside,while his food on the other hand is never gone even after an hour its still there what could it be??

Sorry to hear that Chico is having some problems. If a dog who normally has a good appetite suddenly does not want to eat then often it can be a sign of a medical problem.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things that can cause a dog to not want to eat. It will be difficult to say for sure without examining him.

Is your boy neutered? If not, this could be the problem. When a dog is not neutered, if there is a female in heat within miles of your house then this can be very stressful. He would have a really strong desire to find a female to breed with and this could be why he wants to be outside all of the time. The stress due to wanting to breed can cause the lack of appetite as well.

If you don't think this is the case then I would advise having a vet take a look at him soon.

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (6156 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (36045 views)

Gray spot near a dog's penis. My dog has gray spot on the bottom by his penis is this normal? He never had them... (10677 views)

Red gums next to baby teeth. Hi Dr, This question concerns Max gums. Recall a month ago he had two occluded... (11564 views)

Sneezing dog. My 1 year old Chihuahua has been sneezing and reverse sneezing for the last couple... (24678 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (7478 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (14213 views)

Pemphigus and prednisone. Dear Dr Marie I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income... (4778 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (21439 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (8043 views)