Dog won't eat.

Breed: Chihuahua
well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we recently started to walk him longer now because of him always wanting to go outside,while his food on the other hand is never gone even after an hour its still there what could it be??

Sorry to hear that Chico is having some problems. If a dog who normally has a good appetite suddenly does not want to eat then often it can be a sign of a medical problem.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things that can cause a dog to not want to eat. It will be difficult to say for sure without examining him.

Is your boy neutered? If not, this could be the problem. When a dog is not neutered, if there is a female in heat within miles of your house then this can be very stressful. He would have a really strong desire to find a female to breed with and this could be why he wants to be outside all of the time. The stress due to wanting to breed can cause the lack of appetite as well.

If you don't think this is the case then I would advise having a vet take a look at him soon.

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (24317 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (13782 views)

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (26106 views)

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (18621 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (15921 views)

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (15736 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (14412 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (12749 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (32263 views)

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (5883 views)