Dog won't eat.

Breed: Chihuahua
well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we recently started to walk him longer now because of him always wanting to go outside,while his food on the other hand is never gone even after an hour its still there what could it be??

Sorry to hear that Chico is having some problems. If a dog who normally has a good appetite suddenly does not want to eat then often it can be a sign of a medical problem.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things that can cause a dog to not want to eat. It will be difficult to say for sure without examining him.

Is your boy neutered? If not, this could be the problem. When a dog is not neutered, if there is a female in heat within miles of your house then this can be very stressful. He would have a really strong desire to find a female to breed with and this could be why he wants to be outside all of the time. The stress due to wanting to breed can cause the lack of appetite as well.

If you don't think this is the case then I would advise having a vet take a look at him soon.

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (14983 views)

6 month puppy drinks a lot. I got Bentley at 3 months old. Since the beginning I always felt as if he was... (29571 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (45992 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (15474 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (33923 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4886 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello, I have been grieving because a few days ago I had my cat euthanized. I am... (29547 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (10765 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (5354 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (13230 views)