Cat attacking his tail.

Breed: n/a
my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet about 2 weeks ago and they said he had and was alergic to fleas they treated the wounds on his tail had us put the lampshade collar on him and had us start him on frontline plus. they told us to take the shade off at ten days and within a few hours of doing so he went right back after his tail making it bleed all over the place.. do you think it could still be fleas or could it be something else i should look at.??.he also twitches a little in his hind quarters some times.. not sure of his acual age please help.

Sorry to hear that your cat is having these problems. The most common reason for a cat to be irritated near the tail is definitely because of fleas. But this should be better by now if this were the case.

Another thing that can cause this problem is something called idiopathic hyperesthesia syndrome. We don't know what causes this but cats can suddenly become extremely sensitive in the tail region. We treat it with anti-anxiety medications.

Another possibility is if Hunter has some pain in her lower spine. Your vet may want to take some xrays next to see if this is the case.

I hope Hunter is feeling better soon!

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (19655 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (28639 views)

Guinea Pig losing hair. My guinea pig is 10 weeks and he's lost hair at the rear of his back. It looks a... (11596 views)

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (9992 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (12122 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (29412 views)

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (9412 views)

Can I feed raw veggies? Is it alright to feed our dog fresh, raw pieces of vegetables-like celery, green... (8795 views)

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (25163 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (7500 views)