Possible cruciate tear.

Breed: Husky Lab X
I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight issue), about 5 weeks ago we took her on a long walk and when she got back to the house she started limping on her back leg. When she is outside you can barely tell she is limping but as soon as she is inside it is very exaggerated. She has been on glucosamine for about 4 weeks now, and she is still limping when inside. I give her metacam if she seems to be in a lot of pain. Also, when you bend her back right leg, she yelps. And sometimes when laying on the floor she yelps for no reason at all. She is going in this week to get X-rays to see if it is a joint issue, is there anything else that it could be?

This is a tough one to answer without being able to examine Nuka, but I'm concerned that she may have a torn cruciate ligament.

Your vet should be able to tell you by feeling the leg whether the ligament is torn or not.

If so, she will need to have surgery to have it repaired.

Benadryl for swollen snout? my dogs face around the snout has become swollen not sure why but im guessing its... (20465 views)

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (6762 views)

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (10467 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (18061 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (10698 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (10765 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (39102 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (18798 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (25405 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (23340 views)