Possible cruciate tear.

Breed: Husky Lab X
I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight issue), about 5 weeks ago we took her on a long walk and when she got back to the house she started limping on her back leg. When she is outside you can barely tell she is limping but as soon as she is inside it is very exaggerated. She has been on glucosamine for about 4 weeks now, and she is still limping when inside. I give her metacam if she seems to be in a lot of pain. Also, when you bend her back right leg, she yelps. And sometimes when laying on the floor she yelps for no reason at all. She is going in this week to get X-rays to see if it is a joint issue, is there anything else that it could be?

This is a tough one to answer without being able to examine Nuka, but I'm concerned that she may have a torn cruciate ligament.

Your vet should be able to tell you by feeling the leg whether the ligament is torn or not.

If so, she will need to have surgery to have it repaired.

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (8903 views)

Red spot on dog's neck. I just noticed a red spot on my pug. I will try to attach a picture. It's on his... (18427 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (23485 views)

No bowel movements after parvo. I have a seven month old poodle mix puppy with parvovirus. He was a puppy someone... (25043 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (14829 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (53696 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (9096 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (7898 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (7769 views)

Young dog with loose stool. I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became... (12360 views)