Possible cruciate tear.

Breed: Husky Lab X
I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight issue), about 5 weeks ago we took her on a long walk and when she got back to the house she started limping on her back leg. When she is outside you can barely tell she is limping but as soon as she is inside it is very exaggerated. She has been on glucosamine for about 4 weeks now, and she is still limping when inside. I give her metacam if she seems to be in a lot of pain. Also, when you bend her back right leg, she yelps. And sometimes when laying on the floor she yelps for no reason at all. She is going in this week to get X-rays to see if it is a joint issue, is there anything else that it could be?

This is a tough one to answer without being able to examine Nuka, but I'm concerned that she may have a torn cruciate ligament.

Your vet should be able to tell you by feeling the leg whether the ligament is torn or not.

If so, she will need to have surgery to have it repaired.

Cat can't poop. hi am afraid it is a mega colon my cat is not giving any stool , although he is... (14189 views)

Dog had large tumor and died. Our dog Jessie, just passed away suddenly on Friday morning. She went off on her... (11662 views)

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (27297 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (6130 views)

Can puppy go outside? I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his... (9288 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (44102 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (7455 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (22239 views)

calamine lotion on dogs Doeden has a itchy rash, raised pale bumps, on the back of his neck; I put on some... (88812 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (12302 views)