Possible cruciate tear.

Breed: Husky Lab X
I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight issue), about 5 weeks ago we took her on a long walk and when she got back to the house she started limping on her back leg. When she is outside you can barely tell she is limping but as soon as she is inside it is very exaggerated. She has been on glucosamine for about 4 weeks now, and she is still limping when inside. I give her metacam if she seems to be in a lot of pain. Also, when you bend her back right leg, she yelps. And sometimes when laying on the floor she yelps for no reason at all. She is going in this week to get X-rays to see if it is a joint issue, is there anything else that it could be?

This is a tough one to answer without being able to examine Nuka, but I'm concerned that she may have a torn cruciate ligament.

Your vet should be able to tell you by feeling the leg whether the ligament is torn or not.

If so, she will need to have surgery to have it repaired.

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (133245 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (7126 views)

Bumpy skin on back. My cat BonBon has a significant amount of dry, bumpy, itchy, red skin on her back... (13410 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (12442 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (10447 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (139098 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (11184 views)

Rabbit euthanasia questions. I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to... (7575 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (24440 views)

Swollen eye and vomiting. Hi Dr. Marie. Our dog's eye swelled up the other night withing an hour.....it went... (59523 views)