Possible cruciate tear.

Breed: Husky Lab X
I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight issue), about 5 weeks ago we took her on a long walk and when she got back to the house she started limping on her back leg. When she is outside you can barely tell she is limping but as soon as she is inside it is very exaggerated. She has been on glucosamine for about 4 weeks now, and she is still limping when inside. I give her metacam if she seems to be in a lot of pain. Also, when you bend her back right leg, she yelps. And sometimes when laying on the floor she yelps for no reason at all. She is going in this week to get X-rays to see if it is a joint issue, is there anything else that it could be?

This is a tough one to answer without being able to examine Nuka, but I'm concerned that she may have a torn cruciate ligament.

Your vet should be able to tell you by feeling the leg whether the ligament is torn or not.

If so, she will need to have surgery to have it repaired.

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (11843 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (19298 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (12359 views)

My cat's fur is falling out. My cat's fur is falling out. Patchy and balding. I have 2 cats, the other is... (16028 views)

First heat cycle in dogs. when do chiuahuahs have their first heat... (10472 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (14379 views)

Can't use back legs. In the past 7 months my dog has had 2 "episodes". First, in September 2010 he had... (36659 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (34898 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (76264 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (314597 views)