Possible cruciate tear.

Breed: Husky Lab X
I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight issue), about 5 weeks ago we took her on a long walk and when she got back to the house she started limping on her back leg. When she is outside you can barely tell she is limping but as soon as she is inside it is very exaggerated. She has been on glucosamine for about 4 weeks now, and she is still limping when inside. I give her metacam if she seems to be in a lot of pain. Also, when you bend her back right leg, she yelps. And sometimes when laying on the floor she yelps for no reason at all. She is going in this week to get X-rays to see if it is a joint issue, is there anything else that it could be?

This is a tough one to answer without being able to examine Nuka, but I'm concerned that she may have a torn cruciate ligament.

Your vet should be able to tell you by feeling the leg whether the ligament is torn or not.

If so, she will need to have surgery to have it repaired.

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (9114 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (42250 views)

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (8071 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (22991 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (8721 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (39805 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (14412 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (25877 views)

Tapeworms in kittens. Hey there, I spoke with you a few days ago about my kittens that have worms. The... (11029 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (11680 views)