Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied but im'e not sure what day she was as she is allways licking herself.can she still be pregnant if she was mated to early?last year she was mated on day 9 and she had 5 beautiful pups.she is still very swollen and bleeding would she have mated and tied if she wasn't ready? i think she ovalates on day 9. thank you carla

Almost every time, if a bitch and a dog mate and tie there will be a pregnancy. A female usually won't allow penetration unless she is fertile.

Usually a bitch is fertile around days 11-14, but every one is different. My guess would be that she is pregnant, but we'll have to wait and see!

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (34310 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (8959 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (15875 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (10153 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (8759 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (16679 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (5224 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (98943 views)

Cat vomits regularly. My 4year old cat has been throwing up over the past two months. 99% is food. ( dry... (4964 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (6614 views)