Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied but im'e not sure what day she was as she is allways licking herself.can she still be pregnant if she was mated to early?last year she was mated on day 9 and she had 5 beautiful pups.she is still very swollen and bleeding would she have mated and tied if she wasn't ready? i think she ovalates on day 9. thank you carla

Almost every time, if a bitch and a dog mate and tie there will be a pregnancy. A female usually won't allow penetration unless she is fertile.

Usually a bitch is fertile around days 11-14, but every one is different. My guess would be that she is pregnant, but we'll have to wait and see!

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (12766 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (21709 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (13912 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (15467 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10863 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (15663 views)

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (20423 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (9866 views)

Dog died after injections. Our 12 yo 12 lb healthy mini dachsund fell off our bed in the middle of the night.... (5667 views)

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (41356 views)