Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied but im'e not sure what day she was as she is allways licking herself.can she still be pregnant if she was mated to early?last year she was mated on day 9 and she had 5 beautiful pups.she is still very swollen and bleeding would she have mated and tied if she wasn't ready? i think she ovalates on day 9. thank you carla

Almost every time, if a bitch and a dog mate and tie there will be a pregnancy. A female usually won't allow penetration unless she is fertile.

Usually a bitch is fertile around days 11-14, but every one is different. My guess would be that she is pregnant, but we'll have to wait and see!

Long term effects from chicken jerky? Hello Marie, I have been feeding my dog Wagon Wheel Chicken Strips for the better... (5571 views)

Antibiotics for stuffed up nose. Hello again Dr. Marie, writing again about our dog Sparky and have some questions.... (5473 views)

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (9046 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (24076 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (11646 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (8428 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (4835 views)

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (6852 views)

Why can't I get rid of fleas? How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea... (9311 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (7168 views)