Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied but im'e not sure what day she was as she is allways licking herself.can she still be pregnant if she was mated to early?last year she was mated on day 9 and she had 5 beautiful pups.she is still very swollen and bleeding would she have mated and tied if she wasn't ready? i think she ovalates on day 9. thank you carla

Almost every time, if a bitch and a dog mate and tie there will be a pregnancy. A female usually won't allow penetration unless she is fertile.

Usually a bitch is fertile around days 11-14, but every one is different. My guess would be that she is pregnant, but we'll have to wait and see!

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (25834 views)

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (20815 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (18869 views)

Sick kitten We recently found this kitten last week outside, when we found him we estimated that... (7725 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (13265 views)

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (58429 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (4589 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (11578 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (6861 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (30591 views)