Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied but im'e not sure what day she was as she is allways licking herself.can she still be pregnant if she was mated to early?last year she was mated on day 9 and she had 5 beautiful pups.she is still very swollen and bleeding would she have mated and tied if she wasn't ready? i think she ovalates on day 9. thank you carla

Almost every time, if a bitch and a dog mate and tie there will be a pregnancy. A female usually won't allow penetration unless she is fertile.

Usually a bitch is fertile around days 11-14, but every one is different. My guess would be that she is pregnant, but we'll have to wait and see!

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (8445 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (8738 views)

Mass in cat's chest? Hello, My cat, a sterilized indoor-living Japanese Bobtail, is now 4 years old... (21277 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (16892 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (11676 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (32038 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (10369 views)

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (20814 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (13298 views)

Dog ate sanitary pad About a month ago my dog got into the trash and chewed up some sanitary napkins. He ... (6936 views)