Is my dog pregnant?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied but im'e not sure what day she was as she is allways licking herself.can she still be pregnant if she was mated to early?last year she was mated on day 9 and she had 5 beautiful pups.she is still very swollen and bleeding would she have mated and tied if she wasn't ready? i think she ovalates on day 9. thank you carla

Almost every time, if a bitch and a dog mate and tie there will be a pregnancy. A female usually won't allow penetration unless she is fertile.

Usually a bitch is fertile around days 11-14, but every one is different. My guess would be that she is pregnant, but we'll have to wait and see!

Bumps on dog's chin. my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were... (41349 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (16945 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (58228 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (8841 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (23588 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (20436 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (9219 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (23860 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (8119 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (20116 views)