Breeding big and little dog.

Breed: rat terrier/jack rus
i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat and i would like to breed her to a 7year old red nose pitbull if possible. i was just wondering if i were to do so if it would kill my female she weighs 21.lbs and the male rednose weighs 70lbs. would i have problems breeding her to that size of dog?? because i will not breed her if there is a chance that she could die.. please help me!

I would definitely not recommend going ahead with this breeding as this would not be safe! First of all, the act of breeding would be extremely uncomfortable and painful.

Next, she would almost definitely need a C-Section in order to have these puppies. A C-Section comes with risks and is quite expensive.

I always recommend leaving breeding to people who breed dogs professionally. There are so many possibilities for complications.

Please don't go ahead with this breeding.

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (18764 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (24204 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (11259 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (16870 views)

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (86865 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (16610 views)

Cat with coccidia My vet did a fecal exam on my cat today and said there was coccidia there, but she... (7518 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (11796 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (17639 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (9331 views)