Missing hamster teeth.

Breed: hamster
My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched online and it said she might have a dental issue. what do i do?

Sorry to hear that Waffoo lost her teeth. The most common reason for this to happen is if she has broken them off. This would usually be the result of some type of trauma - perhaps from chewing on the cage bars. Sometimes when this happens there are still tooth roots left behind but you can't see them because they are under the gumline. When this happens it can be a chronic source of pain and some hamsters need pain medication prescribed by the vet, or if you can afford it, dental work under an anesthetic.

Some hamsters can be born without their bottom teeth but this is not common.

It is also possible that an underlying health problem caused dental disease resulting in tooth loss but this is not common either.

Because there are no bottom teeth you may need to see your vet periodically to have the front teeth trimmed as they may get quite overgrown.

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (12661 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (21110 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11342 views)

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (7148 views)

Hartz Ultra Guard for fleas? hello dr. marie, bear has fleas. i gave her a bath then treated her with hartz... (9805 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (5188 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (9484 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (6749 views)

Dentistry on older cat. My cat, who is a 19 year old spayed male we have had his entire life is fairly... (13807 views)

Metronidazole for cats alternative? My 16-hr-old neutered male cat is diabetic (since 2008) Was recently prescribed... (11037 views)