Missing hamster teeth.

Breed: hamster
My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched online and it said she might have a dental issue. what do i do?

Sorry to hear that Waffoo lost her teeth. The most common reason for this to happen is if she has broken them off. This would usually be the result of some type of trauma - perhaps from chewing on the cage bars. Sometimes when this happens there are still tooth roots left behind but you can't see them because they are under the gumline. When this happens it can be a chronic source of pain and some hamsters need pain medication prescribed by the vet, or if you can afford it, dental work under an anesthetic.

Some hamsters can be born without their bottom teeth but this is not common.

It is also possible that an underlying health problem caused dental disease resulting in tooth loss but this is not common either.

Because there are no bottom teeth you may need to see your vet periodically to have the front teeth trimmed as they may get quite overgrown.

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (17984 views)

Puppy throwing up 3 days. My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I... (7650 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (86040 views)

Give thyroid medicine? Hi there, I live in a remote northern community and we do not have a vet here. My... (6382 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (7357 views)

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (26406 views)

Azithromycin and cat death. I run my own rescue group. I do all the cleaning, transporting, adopting, and I... (9210 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (9189 views)

Anxious cat - medicine? Hello, My Cat Guen shows MANY attention seeking behaviors. She chews chords,... (19635 views)

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (7362 views)