Missing hamster teeth.

Breed: hamster
My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched online and it said she might have a dental issue. what do i do?

Sorry to hear that Waffoo lost her teeth. The most common reason for this to happen is if she has broken them off. This would usually be the result of some type of trauma - perhaps from chewing on the cage bars. Sometimes when this happens there are still tooth roots left behind but you can't see them because they are under the gumline. When this happens it can be a chronic source of pain and some hamsters need pain medication prescribed by the vet, or if you can afford it, dental work under an anesthetic.

Some hamsters can be born without their bottom teeth but this is not common.

It is also possible that an underlying health problem caused dental disease resulting in tooth loss but this is not common either.

Because there are no bottom teeth you may need to see your vet periodically to have the front teeth trimmed as they may get quite overgrown.

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (52109 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (10495 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (11832 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (22767 views)

Wound on cat. My father's cat Jerry is 3 year old neutered male DSH who is up-to-date on all... (7198 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (32359 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (37966 views)

Stopped prednisolone suddenly. Hi Dr. Marie, My 2.5 year old cat, Pebbles, was diagnosed with pretty severe... (29436 views)

Dog ate M&M's. My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE... (53583 views)

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (14348 views)