Missing hamster teeth.

Breed: hamster
My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched online and it said she might have a dental issue. what do i do?

Sorry to hear that Waffoo lost her teeth. The most common reason for this to happen is if she has broken them off. This would usually be the result of some type of trauma - perhaps from chewing on the cage bars. Sometimes when this happens there are still tooth roots left behind but you can't see them because they are under the gumline. When this happens it can be a chronic source of pain and some hamsters need pain medication prescribed by the vet, or if you can afford it, dental work under an anesthetic.

Some hamsters can be born without their bottom teeth but this is not common.

It is also possible that an underlying health problem caused dental disease resulting in tooth loss but this is not common either.

Because there are no bottom teeth you may need to see your vet periodically to have the front teeth trimmed as they may get quite overgrown.

Kitten has diarrhea Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i... (7949 views)

Swollen ear flap. i have a dog named shiloh and something is wrong with his ear and i just need to... (10795 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (15931 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (9600 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (7325 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (7951 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (10711 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (13692 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My can got attacked by a dog and she cant close her mouth all the way, but her tooth... (4837 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (9700 views)