Missing hamster teeth.

Breed: hamster
My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched online and it said she might have a dental issue. what do i do?

Sorry to hear that Waffoo lost her teeth. The most common reason for this to happen is if she has broken them off. This would usually be the result of some type of trauma - perhaps from chewing on the cage bars. Sometimes when this happens there are still tooth roots left behind but you can't see them because they are under the gumline. When this happens it can be a chronic source of pain and some hamsters need pain medication prescribed by the vet, or if you can afford it, dental work under an anesthetic.

Some hamsters can be born without their bottom teeth but this is not common.

It is also possible that an underlying health problem caused dental disease resulting in tooth loss but this is not common either.

Because there are no bottom teeth you may need to see your vet periodically to have the front teeth trimmed as they may get quite overgrown.

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (11022 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (16577 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (24077 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (10988 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18732 views)

Pit bull with rash. My dog has a bumpy red rash on her inner hip area,around her tail and her private... (7944 views)

Bald patches on body. I live in Spain. Last Spring my dog had hard white lumps of skin down the sides of... (30726 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (8923 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (9367 views)

Ear swollen like balloon. My dog has a large swelling on her ear that looks like a balloon. She is shaking... (26277 views)