Bad rash on neck.

Breed: no idea
One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here are a couple of pictures I took:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaudery/5541510704/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaudery/5540929559/

Do you know what it is? Is there any medication we can get him. He is not our cat. My sister loves cats. There're a bunch of them in my parent's backyard.

Thank you for your time.

Bests,
Pedro

Neighborhood cat

Neighborhood cat 2

Oh, the poor guy! This looks so uncomfortable! The most common reason for a skin problem like this would be a flea problem. By far the best products for fleas are prescription products such as Advantage, Frontline or Revolution.

I have seen cats that looked like this because of an allergy, but this is not common.

It could also be a skin infection that is spreading. In this case he would need some antibiotics.

Whatever this is, this little guy needs to see a vet. There really isn't an at home treatment for him.

I hope he is ok!

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11050 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea with blood. Our family pet has been vomitting all day and there seemed to be blood in it and... (9961 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (5874 views)

Cat not using box. My cat got attacked in a fight early Friday morning. She had to have an operation on... (10002 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (10977 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (177279 views)

Vomiting and elevated liver enzymes. Hi Dr. Marie, I don't know the appropriate name for my dog's breed, but I have... (23605 views)

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (38927 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (4106 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (14056 views)