Bad rash on neck.

Breed: no idea
One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here are a couple of pictures I took:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaudery/5541510704/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaudery/5540929559/

Do you know what it is? Is there any medication we can get him. He is not our cat. My sister loves cats. There're a bunch of them in my parent's backyard.

Thank you for your time.

Bests,
Pedro

Neighborhood cat

Neighborhood cat 2

Oh, the poor guy! This looks so uncomfortable! The most common reason for a skin problem like this would be a flea problem. By far the best products for fleas are prescription products such as Advantage, Frontline or Revolution.

I have seen cats that looked like this because of an allergy, but this is not common.

It could also be a skin infection that is spreading. In this case he would need some antibiotics.

Whatever this is, this little guy needs to see a vet. There really isn't an at home treatment for him.

I hope he is ok!

Cat has scabs and dry skin. Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put... (11831 views)

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (12108 views)

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (19438 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (48325 views)

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (8677 views)

Older dog - bloody diarrhea. My dog is a 12 1/2 yr old cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix. She's had diarrhea... (36707 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (19444 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (35121 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (21060 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (5308 views)