Bad rash on neck.

Breed: no idea
One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here are a couple of pictures I took:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaudery/5541510704/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaudery/5540929559/

Do you know what it is? Is there any medication we can get him. He is not our cat. My sister loves cats. There're a bunch of them in my parent's backyard.

Thank you for your time.

Bests,
Pedro

Neighborhood cat

Neighborhood cat 2

Oh, the poor guy! This looks so uncomfortable! The most common reason for a skin problem like this would be a flea problem. By far the best products for fleas are prescription products such as Advantage, Frontline or Revolution.

I have seen cats that looked like this because of an allergy, but this is not common.

It could also be a skin infection that is spreading. In this case he would need some antibiotics.

Whatever this is, this little guy needs to see a vet. There really isn't an at home treatment for him.

I hope he is ok!

Red gums next to baby teeth. Hi Dr, This question concerns Max gums. Recall a month ago he had two occluded... (13316 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (9741 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (76191 views)

Leaking urine on bed. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog has had bladder problems since she was a puppy. She will... (5834 views)

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (11220 views)

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (7770 views)

Big belly in stray cat. Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting.... (25990 views)

Gradual change of food? Hello, I reside in South Korea and I am the father of 3 cocker spaniels. Recently... (9524 views)

Cats not eating. Viral Infection in Throat? I have 3 cats at home (in Singapore, Asia). 1... (12074 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (9568 views)