Bad rash on neck.

Breed: no idea
One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here are a couple of pictures I took:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaudery/5541510704/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaudery/5540929559/

Do you know what it is? Is there any medication we can get him. He is not our cat. My sister loves cats. There're a bunch of them in my parent's backyard.

Thank you for your time.

Bests,
Pedro

Neighborhood cat

Neighborhood cat 2

Oh, the poor guy! This looks so uncomfortable! The most common reason for a skin problem like this would be a flea problem. By far the best products for fleas are prescription products such as Advantage, Frontline or Revolution.

I have seen cats that looked like this because of an allergy, but this is not common.

It could also be a skin infection that is spreading. In this case he would need some antibiotics.

Whatever this is, this little guy needs to see a vet. There really isn't an at home treatment for him.

I hope he is ok!

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (15078 views)

Red spots on dog's back. my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan... (7312 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (13460 views)

Severe arthritis. Hi Dr. Marie, My sweet Murphys is displaying weakness in hind legs, (they... (9306 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (13309 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (22611 views)

Is diaphragmatic hernia causing problems? My 15 year old doggie, Pepper has been diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia & the... (7969 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (30050 views)

Dog losing chunks of fur. My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns... (12260 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (52749 views)