Bad rash on neck.

Breed: no idea
One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here are a couple of pictures I took:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaudery/5541510704/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaudery/5540929559/

Do you know what it is? Is there any medication we can get him. He is not our cat. My sister loves cats. There're a bunch of them in my parent's backyard.

Thank you for your time.

Bests,
Pedro

Neighborhood cat

Neighborhood cat 2

Oh, the poor guy! This looks so uncomfortable! The most common reason for a skin problem like this would be a flea problem. By far the best products for fleas are prescription products such as Advantage, Frontline or Revolution.

I have seen cats that looked like this because of an allergy, but this is not common.

It could also be a skin infection that is spreading. In this case he would need some antibiotics.

Whatever this is, this little guy needs to see a vet. There really isn't an at home treatment for him.

I hope he is ok!

My dog is grieving. Good Day Dr. In March of 2011 we lost Lucy (Coton du Tulear) to heart disease. ... (13034 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (12985 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (17885 views)

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (9551 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (82776 views)

Cat constantly in heat. Hi, I have a cat, she is little less than 2 years old. She is always in heat like 1... (22834 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (8721 views)

Diarrhea from sour milk? my kittens have had diahria from my mom cats sour milk 2 weeks. I have given them... (14013 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (18129 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (7981 views)