Puppy ich on skin.

Breed: domestic dog
why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any medicine we could use on him?It looks like it's getting worst...Is it because of the ticks or is it because of allergies?...

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Alex, but I can give you some of my thoughts.

Is it dandruff that you are describing? If he has white flakes in his coat then this is dandruff. There are a few reasons for a puppy to have dandruff:

• Poor quality food

• Intestinal parasites such as roundworm

• A skin parasite called Cheyletiella (walking dandruff)

If your puppy has not been dewormed then I would recommend giving him a dewormer now, and again 2 weeks from now.

If the "white ich" is not in his fur, but rather on the skin on his belly then it may be that he has something called puppy pyoderma. Puppy pyoderma looks like an infection but it goes away on its own without medication.

Allergies are really uncommon in a puppy. And, this doesn't sound like it is related to ticks.

I'd love to see a picture of Alex if you are able to respond.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Bald patches on body. I live in Spain. Last Spring my dog had hard white lumps of skin down the sides of... (26529 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (6962 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (5138 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (88120 views)

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (20663 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (13598 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (7230 views)

Duck jerky making dogs sick? If chicken strips (jerky) might be a problem, what about duck? I have bags of both... (5268 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (14357 views)

Watery diarrhea. My cat has had consistent diarrhea and vomiting for some time. Her vet began... (3771 views)