Puppy ich on skin.

Breed: domestic dog
why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any medicine we could use on him?It looks like it's getting worst...Is it because of the ticks or is it because of allergies?...

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Alex, but I can give you some of my thoughts.

Is it dandruff that you are describing? If he has white flakes in his coat then this is dandruff. There are a few reasons for a puppy to have dandruff:

• Poor quality food

• Intestinal parasites such as roundworm

• A skin parasite called Cheyletiella (walking dandruff)

If your puppy has not been dewormed then I would recommend giving him a dewormer now, and again 2 weeks from now.

If the "white ich" is not in his fur, but rather on the skin on his belly then it may be that he has something called puppy pyoderma. Puppy pyoderma looks like an infection but it goes away on its own without medication.

Allergies are really uncommon in a puppy. And, this doesn't sound like it is related to ticks.

I'd love to see a picture of Alex if you are able to respond.

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (51507 views)

My dog is grieving. Good Day Dr. In March of 2011 we lost Lucy (Coton du Tulear) to heart disease. ... (13956 views)

Large mammary lump. Hi Dr Marie My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a... (9049 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (20995 views)

Diarrhea question. My 10 year old malamute just got up off the living room floor, leaving behind a... (8305 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (11422 views)

Ear cartilage broken. someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do... (21775 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (21359 views)

Dog doesn't like u/d For a dog that has once needed to have surgery to have bladder stones removed do you... (19710 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (9002 views)