Puppy ich on skin.

Breed: domestic dog
why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any medicine we could use on him?It looks like it's getting worst...Is it because of the ticks or is it because of allergies?...

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Alex, but I can give you some of my thoughts.

Is it dandruff that you are describing? If he has white flakes in his coat then this is dandruff. There are a few reasons for a puppy to have dandruff:

• Poor quality food

• Intestinal parasites such as roundworm

• A skin parasite called Cheyletiella (walking dandruff)

If your puppy has not been dewormed then I would recommend giving him a dewormer now, and again 2 weeks from now.

If the "white ich" is not in his fur, but rather on the skin on his belly then it may be that he has something called puppy pyoderma. Puppy pyoderma looks like an infection but it goes away on its own without medication.

Allergies are really uncommon in a puppy. And, this doesn't sound like it is related to ticks.

I'd love to see a picture of Alex if you are able to respond.

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (9700 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (30340 views)

Tooth infection. i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right... (3938 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (7495 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (16458 views)

Baby shampoo for a cat? My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his... (10937 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (7805 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (12440 views)

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (8671 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (27594 views)