Puppy ich on skin.

Breed: domestic dog
why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any medicine we could use on him?It looks like it's getting worst...Is it because of the ticks or is it because of allergies?...

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Alex, but I can give you some of my thoughts.

Is it dandruff that you are describing? If he has white flakes in his coat then this is dandruff. There are a few reasons for a puppy to have dandruff:

• Poor quality food

• Intestinal parasites such as roundworm

• A skin parasite called Cheyletiella (walking dandruff)

If your puppy has not been dewormed then I would recommend giving him a dewormer now, and again 2 weeks from now.

If the "white ich" is not in his fur, but rather on the skin on his belly then it may be that he has something called puppy pyoderma. Puppy pyoderma looks like an infection but it goes away on its own without medication.

Allergies are really uncommon in a puppy. And, this doesn't sound like it is related to ticks.

I'd love to see a picture of Alex if you are able to respond.

Blood in stools. My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and... (10616 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (9878 views)

Lump on dog's neck. Hi Dr Marie We have a 4 year old female mixed breed dog. Two years ago she had a... (22709 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (6174 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (5493 views)

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (38015 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (28261 views)

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (16180 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (9768 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (13344 views)