Puppy ich on skin.

Breed: domestic dog
why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any medicine we could use on him?It looks like it's getting worst...Is it because of the ticks or is it because of allergies?...

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Alex, but I can give you some of my thoughts.

Is it dandruff that you are describing? If he has white flakes in his coat then this is dandruff. There are a few reasons for a puppy to have dandruff:

• Poor quality food

• Intestinal parasites such as roundworm

• A skin parasite called Cheyletiella (walking dandruff)

If your puppy has not been dewormed then I would recommend giving him a dewormer now, and again 2 weeks from now.

If the "white ich" is not in his fur, but rather on the skin on his belly then it may be that he has something called puppy pyoderma. Puppy pyoderma looks like an infection but it goes away on its own without medication.

Allergies are really uncommon in a puppy. And, this doesn't sound like it is related to ticks.

I'd love to see a picture of Alex if you are able to respond.

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (6204 views)

Constipated kittens. I am fostering 5 kittens. I think they are about 5 weeks old. They still cannot use... (6594 views)

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (6335 views)

Bleeding from mouth. Hi Dr. Marie, What would cause recurrent tongue and gum ulcers in cats? Chuger is... (22313 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (3491 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (26730 views)

Alternative to Sentinel Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth... (7928 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (9904 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (4148 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (5578 views)