Puppy ich on skin.

Breed: domestic dog
why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any medicine we could use on him?It looks like it's getting worst...Is it because of the ticks or is it because of allergies?...

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Alex, but I can give you some of my thoughts.

Is it dandruff that you are describing? If he has white flakes in his coat then this is dandruff. There are a few reasons for a puppy to have dandruff:

• Poor quality food

• Intestinal parasites such as roundworm

• A skin parasite called Cheyletiella (walking dandruff)

If your puppy has not been dewormed then I would recommend giving him a dewormer now, and again 2 weeks from now.

If the "white ich" is not in his fur, but rather on the skin on his belly then it may be that he has something called puppy pyoderma. Puppy pyoderma looks like an infection but it goes away on its own without medication.

Allergies are really uncommon in a puppy. And, this doesn't sound like it is related to ticks.

I'd love to see a picture of Alex if you are able to respond.

Bad for dog to eat paper? iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is... (30319 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (27028 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (87389 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (46327 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (11652 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (5169 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (6418 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (6513 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (3977 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (3544 views)