Puppy ich on skin.

Breed: domestic dog
why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any medicine we could use on him?It looks like it's getting worst...Is it because of the ticks or is it because of allergies?...

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Alex, but I can give you some of my thoughts.

Is it dandruff that you are describing? If he has white flakes in his coat then this is dandruff. There are a few reasons for a puppy to have dandruff:

• Poor quality food

• Intestinal parasites such as roundworm

• A skin parasite called Cheyletiella (walking dandruff)

If your puppy has not been dewormed then I would recommend giving him a dewormer now, and again 2 weeks from now.

If the "white ich" is not in his fur, but rather on the skin on his belly then it may be that he has something called puppy pyoderma. Puppy pyoderma looks like an infection but it goes away on its own without medication.

Allergies are really uncommon in a puppy. And, this doesn't sound like it is related to ticks.

I'd love to see a picture of Alex if you are able to respond.

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (147250 views)

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (6588 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (14961 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (11259 views)

Dog throws up 3-5 times per week. Max is active & playful. He's a picky eater but seems to eat enough and drinks... (14765 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (9844 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (9501 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (17145 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog Piper, suddenly died today for no apparent reason. She has been... (18941 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (21252 views)