Puppy ich on skin.

Breed: domestic dog
why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any medicine we could use on him?It looks like it's getting worst...Is it because of the ticks or is it because of allergies?...

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Alex, but I can give you some of my thoughts.

Is it dandruff that you are describing? If he has white flakes in his coat then this is dandruff. There are a few reasons for a puppy to have dandruff:

• Poor quality food

• Intestinal parasites such as roundworm

• A skin parasite called Cheyletiella (walking dandruff)

If your puppy has not been dewormed then I would recommend giving him a dewormer now, and again 2 weeks from now.

If the "white ich" is not in his fur, but rather on the skin on his belly then it may be that he has something called puppy pyoderma. Puppy pyoderma looks like an infection but it goes away on its own without medication.

Allergies are really uncommon in a puppy. And, this doesn't sound like it is related to ticks.

I'd love to see a picture of Alex if you are able to respond.

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (51954 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (43198 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (26056 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (12691 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (10351 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (12887 views)

Allergic to grass? My dog has a rash on his belly that has red whelps. Itches a lot. Licking and... (18024 views)

Famotidine for kidney disease. Coco had an ultrasound scan yesterday to confirm she has bilateral kidney cancer.... (12565 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (5853 views)

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (25346 views)