Mucus in kitten's eyes.

Breed: cat
I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I wiped the cats face with a warm wash cloth. The mucus seems to be coming back around the eyes and the cat has a runny nose. Should I be worryed about this and wat can i do for my kittin? Is it possible that it will go on its own?

Thanks for your question. The most common reason for a discharge from the eyes and nose of a kitten is an upper respiratory virus.

Many kittens can get over these on their own as long as they are eating and drinking well. But she will need to see a vet if the discharge is green or if she is not eating well.

A product called Lysine will help the kitten to get over the virus quicker.

It may also help to run the shower and get your bathroom steamy and then leave the kitten in the bathroom for 10 minutes to help relieve the congestion in her nose.

If she seems like she is not eating well or if there is green discharge from the eyes or nose then a vet visit is necessary.

Hope she does well!

Limping cat with heart problems. Hudson is a 10 year old indoor house cat. He originally came from a garbage dump in... (14969 views)

Dog is obsessively licking at things. Hello. I have a question about my dog. I think she's experienced some tummy... (8406 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (9234 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (77253 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (9299 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (7372 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (9986 views)

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (8656 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (63687 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (11120 views)