Mucus in kitten's eyes.

Breed: cat
I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I wiped the cats face with a warm wash cloth. The mucus seems to be coming back around the eyes and the cat has a runny nose. Should I be worryed about this and wat can i do for my kittin? Is it possible that it will go on its own?

Thanks for your question. The most common reason for a discharge from the eyes and nose of a kitten is an upper respiratory virus.

Many kittens can get over these on their own as long as they are eating and drinking well. But she will need to see a vet if the discharge is green or if she is not eating well.

A product called Lysine will help the kitten to get over the virus quicker.

It may also help to run the shower and get your bathroom steamy and then leave the kitten in the bathroom for 10 minutes to help relieve the congestion in her nose.

If she seems like she is not eating well or if there is green discharge from the eyes or nose then a vet visit is necessary.

Hope she does well!

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (26576 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (24601 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. My wife and I left for a 24 day holiday. Three of our kids remained at home. Our... (23622 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (11511 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (12047 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (37054 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (29308 views)

Aggressive cat My cat is having some behavioral issues. When I got her as a kitten she always came... (12812 views)

Lentigo on a cat. Hi Dr. Marie... My 3.5 year old tortoiseshell cat has developed a black freckle... (25944 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (11201 views)