Mucus in kitten's eyes.

Breed: cat
I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I wiped the cats face with a warm wash cloth. The mucus seems to be coming back around the eyes and the cat has a runny nose. Should I be worryed about this and wat can i do for my kittin? Is it possible that it will go on its own?

Thanks for your question. The most common reason for a discharge from the eyes and nose of a kitten is an upper respiratory virus.

Many kittens can get over these on their own as long as they are eating and drinking well. But she will need to see a vet if the discharge is green or if she is not eating well.

A product called Lysine will help the kitten to get over the virus quicker.

It may also help to run the shower and get your bathroom steamy and then leave the kitten in the bathroom for 10 minutes to help relieve the congestion in her nose.

If she seems like she is not eating well or if there is green discharge from the eyes or nose then a vet visit is necessary.

Hope she does well!

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (13984 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (14009 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (15267 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (7135 views)

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (7543 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (12571 views)

Testicles are swollen. Bingo was hit from behind by a car mon nite. He got several cuts on 1 side of face,... (15494 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (26190 views)

Rat with red tears and increased thirst. I have a pet rat, almost 1. Shes been healthy her whole life, just had this weird... (8950 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (16165 views)