Mucus in kitten's eyes.

Breed: cat
I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I wiped the cats face with a warm wash cloth. The mucus seems to be coming back around the eyes and the cat has a runny nose. Should I be worryed about this and wat can i do for my kittin? Is it possible that it will go on its own?

Thanks for your question. The most common reason for a discharge from the eyes and nose of a kitten is an upper respiratory virus.

Many kittens can get over these on their own as long as they are eating and drinking well. But she will need to see a vet if the discharge is green or if she is not eating well.

A product called Lysine will help the kitten to get over the virus quicker.

It may also help to run the shower and get your bathroom steamy and then leave the kitten in the bathroom for 10 minutes to help relieve the congestion in her nose.

If she seems like she is not eating well or if there is green discharge from the eyes or nose then a vet visit is necessary.

Hope she does well!

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (9504 views)

Rabies from a feral kitten? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings and I hope this e-mail reaches you in good health. I... (18040 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (8364 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (9032 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (6646 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (53146 views)

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (30722 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (13785 views)

Cat flung himself around. Hello about 2 weeks ago my 12 year old cat was sleeping soundly when he woke up... (6782 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (21548 views)