Mucus in kitten's eyes.

Breed: cat
I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I wiped the cats face with a warm wash cloth. The mucus seems to be coming back around the eyes and the cat has a runny nose. Should I be worryed about this and wat can i do for my kittin? Is it possible that it will go on its own?

Thanks for your question. The most common reason for a discharge from the eyes and nose of a kitten is an upper respiratory virus.

Many kittens can get over these on their own as long as they are eating and drinking well. But she will need to see a vet if the discharge is green or if she is not eating well.

A product called Lysine will help the kitten to get over the virus quicker.

It may also help to run the shower and get your bathroom steamy and then leave the kitten in the bathroom for 10 minutes to help relieve the congestion in her nose.

If she seems like she is not eating well or if there is green discharge from the eyes or nose then a vet visit is necessary.

Hope she does well!

Crying after using litter box. After my cat eats, drinks, gets up or uses the cat box she cries this very strange... (25939 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (32953 views)

Ear infection and FIV. Hi, I got Monty from a rescue home 5 months ago. he is an fiv + cat and looked so... (6583 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (6574 views)

Cat is urinating on my bed. Hi Dr Marie, You may not remember me - I'm from Australia, my partner and I email... (7953 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (10483 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (8689 views)

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (21850 views)

Is my dog overweight? Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good... (7143 views)

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (6652 views)