Mucus in kitten's eyes.

Breed: cat
I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I wiped the cats face with a warm wash cloth. The mucus seems to be coming back around the eyes and the cat has a runny nose. Should I be worryed about this and wat can i do for my kittin? Is it possible that it will go on its own?

Thanks for your question. The most common reason for a discharge from the eyes and nose of a kitten is an upper respiratory virus.

Many kittens can get over these on their own as long as they are eating and drinking well. But she will need to see a vet if the discharge is green or if she is not eating well.

A product called Lysine will help the kitten to get over the virus quicker.

It may also help to run the shower and get your bathroom steamy and then leave the kitten in the bathroom for 10 minutes to help relieve the congestion in her nose.

If she seems like she is not eating well or if there is green discharge from the eyes or nose then a vet visit is necessary.

Hope she does well!

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (11886 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (10462 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (13839 views)

Swollen ear with pus. my dogs ear has suddenly become really swollen with what seems like puss it is very... (8810 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (14030 views)

Kitten can't hold head up. I recently found a abandoned kitten and took it into my house. I've had for a week... (11869 views)

Limping cat. We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked... (8351 views)

Puppy has red weepy eyes. my puppies eyelids on the inside are very red and his eyes have been weeping a lot,... (10871 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (11647 views)

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (8563 views)