Mucus in kitten's eyes.

Breed: cat
I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I wiped the cats face with a warm wash cloth. The mucus seems to be coming back around the eyes and the cat has a runny nose. Should I be worryed about this and wat can i do for my kittin? Is it possible that it will go on its own?

Thanks for your question. The most common reason for a discharge from the eyes and nose of a kitten is an upper respiratory virus.

Many kittens can get over these on their own as long as they are eating and drinking well. But she will need to see a vet if the discharge is green or if she is not eating well.

A product called Lysine will help the kitten to get over the virus quicker.

It may also help to run the shower and get your bathroom steamy and then leave the kitten in the bathroom for 10 minutes to help relieve the congestion in her nose.

If she seems like she is not eating well or if there is green discharge from the eyes or nose then a vet visit is necessary.

Hope she does well!

Bump on ribcage. Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where... (17699 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (70561 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (31849 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (38674 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (8126 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma questions. Hello Dr. Marie, What is the typical procedure to removal meibomian gland... (16035 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (13459 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (29105 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (45526 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (24215 views)