Newborn puppy not eating.

Breed: Pichapoo
Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours later she had one more witch makes three and the pup is weak and does not know how to feed.ive boughten her some puppy formula but she wont drink it ,she's also way smaller then the other pups somethings wrong with her. i dont know if she'll make it.

sincerly, JONATHAN

Sorry to hear that this puppy is not doing well. This is a hard question for me to answer without seeing your little pup.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at this little one to see if there is an obvious congenital problem (i.e. birth defect).

Have a look at the roof of the pup's mouth...do you see a large hole there? If so, this is a cleft palate and this can be interfering with her nursing ability.

However, there may be something more serious going on. If your vet feels there is a chance for her to survive they may teach you how to tube feed her.

I hope she does ok!

Nosebleed, won't eat. We have an 11 yr old black lab. About 2 mos. ago we noticed blood dripping from her... (17096 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (37378 views)

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (12297 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (11000 views)

Dog ate twigs and stuffing. Dr Marie, On Tuesday, unfortunately I had to fire the pet sitter due to... (16056 views)

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (34342 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (9811 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (10258 views)

Front leg and neck pain. Hi, I noticed last Thursday my dog being uncomfortable and by Saturday he started... (12263 views)

Coughing cat. One of my cats has been hacking a lot the past few days. I have a video I would like... (5988 views)