Newborn puppy not eating.

Breed: Pichapoo
Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours later she had one more witch makes three and the pup is weak and does not know how to feed.ive boughten her some puppy formula but she wont drink it ,she's also way smaller then the other pups somethings wrong with her. i dont know if she'll make it.

sincerly, JONATHAN

Sorry to hear that this puppy is not doing well. This is a hard question for me to answer without seeing your little pup.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at this little one to see if there is an obvious congenital problem (i.e. birth defect).

Have a look at the roof of the pup's mouth...do you see a large hole there? If so, this is a cleft palate and this can be interfering with her nursing ability.

However, there may be something more serious going on. If your vet feels there is a chance for her to survive they may teach you how to tube feed her.

I hope she does ok!

Grapeseed extract and dogs. Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after... (13673 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (6768 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (15382 views)

Bleeding and then death. What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating,... (15716 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Our Dog won't eat and drinks very little if any. Friday last weekend Harper's... (19971 views)

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (30677 views)

Sneezing, vomiting, coughing. my cat is sneezing vomiting coughing breathing through his mouth and has hard... (25333 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (9741 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (35891 views)

Cat died. Dear Doctor Haynes, I started looking after a stray young tomcat (who I presume... (8224 views)