Newborn puppy not eating.

Breed: Pichapoo
Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours later she had one more witch makes three and the pup is weak and does not know how to feed.ive boughten her some puppy formula but she wont drink it ,she's also way smaller then the other pups somethings wrong with her. i dont know if she'll make it.

sincerly, JONATHAN

Sorry to hear that this puppy is not doing well. This is a hard question for me to answer without seeing your little pup.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at this little one to see if there is an obvious congenital problem (i.e. birth defect).

Have a look at the roof of the pup's mouth...do you see a large hole there? If so, this is a cleft palate and this can be interfering with her nursing ability.

However, there may be something more serious going on. If your vet feels there is a chance for her to survive they may teach you how to tube feed her.

I hope she does ok!

Yellow fluid from nose. Dr. Marie, My male pug, aged 10, stuck with a piece of apple last night (29/1), I... (6376 views)

Yorkie having seizures. my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is... (9230 views)

Toenail problems. We adopted Tiger (62lb what appears to be shepard/boxer mix) in May and about a... (8286 views)

PNST in a dog. My Jack Russell (8 years old) was just diagnosed with a PNST. Which was discovered... (12836 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (17130 views)

Lump on ferret's face. My daughters feret has a lump on it's cheek. At first it did not grow fast , but now... (9387 views)

Puppy leaking urine. My puppy seems to be going pee while he sleeps .. He's 7 weeks old. Is this normal?... (9732 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (14307 views)

Calcification in the lungs. dog lung calcification Dear Dr.Mari, I hear some bad sounds whenever my dog... (7510 views)

Sore after shots. This past Sunday my husband gave our 2 dogs their yearly shots. Our 1 dog is now... (20264 views)