Newborn puppy not eating.

Breed: Pichapoo
Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours later she had one more witch makes three and the pup is weak and does not know how to feed.ive boughten her some puppy formula but she wont drink it ,she's also way smaller then the other pups somethings wrong with her. i dont know if she'll make it.

sincerly, JONATHAN

Sorry to hear that this puppy is not doing well. This is a hard question for me to answer without seeing your little pup.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at this little one to see if there is an obvious congenital problem (i.e. birth defect).

Have a look at the roof of the pup's mouth...do you see a large hole there? If so, this is a cleft palate and this can be interfering with her nursing ability.

However, there may be something more serious going on. If your vet feels there is a chance for her to survive they may teach you how to tube feed her.

I hope she does ok!

Low specific gravity. This is regarding a 9 year old male pitbull, neutered with no past medical history.... (5733 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (6446 views)

Rimadyl and liver problems. Hi Dr. Marie Last night my dog sustained some type of injury to himself while... (7049 views)

Should I help a sick vole? I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs,... (8615 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (9531 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (60761 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (3620 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (19029 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (21963 views)

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (7589 views)