Newborn puppy not eating.

Breed: Pichapoo
Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours later she had one more witch makes three and the pup is weak and does not know how to feed.ive boughten her some puppy formula but she wont drink it ,she's also way smaller then the other pups somethings wrong with her. i dont know if she'll make it.

sincerly, JONATHAN

Sorry to hear that this puppy is not doing well. This is a hard question for me to answer without seeing your little pup.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at this little one to see if there is an obvious congenital problem (i.e. birth defect).

Have a look at the roof of the pup's mouth...do you see a large hole there? If so, this is a cleft palate and this can be interfering with her nursing ability.

However, there may be something more serious going on. If your vet feels there is a chance for her to survive they may teach you how to tube feed her.

I hope she does ok!

Bleeding from mouth. Hi Dr. Marie, What would cause recurrent tongue and gum ulcers in cats? Chuger is... (40987 views)

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (12720 views)

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (9052 views)

Tough upper respiratory infection. We picked up Indigo from a breeder on June 13th. He sneezed occasionally throughout... (29274 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (31774 views)

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (12875 views)

Red spots on dog's back. my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan... (6200 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (8358 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (26515 views)

Regular vs baby aspirin I have run out of baby aspirin so is it ok to give a dog just one low dose bayer... (22415 views)