How to stop dog from scratching.

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching and won't allow it to heal. However, my dog is too aggressive and won't let me put the cone on his head. I've also tried to put a muzzle on his mouth, but he growls and tries to bite me. I've heard about tranquilizer pills, but I don't know how they work. I have no options left and I really need help.

The only option you have here is a vet visit. If he has a sore that won't heal then it is not fair to make him wear a cone to just stop him from scratching. He needs to be treated so that it is not bothering him any more.

If costs are a concern then you may be able to get some help from some of these resources:

Help with paying for vet bills.

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (5260 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (8019 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (5278 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (9345 views)

Very itchy dog. My sweet Molly has a skin infection my recent visit to the vet diagnosed it as... (4024 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (13661 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (6384 views)

Mesenchymal tumor Need some input. My dog (she's 6)had developed a small lump/bump on her head above... (6883 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (9484 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (7289 views)