How to stop dog from scratching.

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching and won't allow it to heal. However, my dog is too aggressive and won't let me put the cone on his head. I've also tried to put a muzzle on his mouth, but he growls and tries to bite me. I've heard about tranquilizer pills, but I don't know how they work. I have no options left and I really need help.

The only option you have here is a vet visit. If he has a sore that won't heal then it is not fair to make him wear a cone to just stop him from scratching. He needs to be treated so that it is not bothering him any more.

If costs are a concern then you may be able to get some help from some of these resources:

Help with paying for vet bills.

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (5825 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (28361 views)

Red gums next to baby teeth. Hi Dr, This question concerns Max gums. Recall a month ago he had two occluded... (13687 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (56158 views)

Dog seizured while boarding. Last March, I boarded Niko at the vet while on vacation. Until then he had been a... (15458 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (14892 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (24224 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (10237 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (8593 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (8469 views)