How to stop dog from scratching.

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching and won't allow it to heal. However, my dog is too aggressive and won't let me put the cone on his head. I've also tried to put a muzzle on his mouth, but he growls and tries to bite me. I've heard about tranquilizer pills, but I don't know how they work. I have no options left and I really need help.

The only option you have here is a vet visit. If he has a sore that won't heal then it is not fair to make him wear a cone to just stop him from scratching. He needs to be treated so that it is not bothering him any more.

If costs are a concern then you may be able to get some help from some of these resources:

Help with paying for vet bills.

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5152 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (26673 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (17708 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (7366 views)

Dog has smelly ears. hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come... (5700 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (27905 views)

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (9079 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (31493 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (13508 views)

Rapid breathing while sleeping. I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009. I notice when she's sleeping... (13359 views)