How to stop dog from scratching.

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching and won't allow it to heal. However, my dog is too aggressive and won't let me put the cone on his head. I've also tried to put a muzzle on his mouth, but he growls and tries to bite me. I've heard about tranquilizer pills, but I don't know how they work. I have no options left and I really need help.

The only option you have here is a vet visit. If he has a sore that won't heal then it is not fair to make him wear a cone to just stop him from scratching. He needs to be treated so that it is not bothering him any more.

If costs are a concern then you may be able to get some help from some of these resources:

Help with paying for vet bills.

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (10168 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (13346 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (39819 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (6929 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (30650 views)

Pit bull has pus and is off balance. Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog... (7406 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (5758 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (7040 views)

Lumps on dog's nose. Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is... (62680 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (7222 views)