How to stop dog from scratching.

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching and won't allow it to heal. However, my dog is too aggressive and won't let me put the cone on his head. I've also tried to put a muzzle on his mouth, but he growls and tries to bite me. I've heard about tranquilizer pills, but I don't know how they work. I have no options left and I really need help.

The only option you have here is a vet visit. If he has a sore that won't heal then it is not fair to make him wear a cone to just stop him from scratching. He needs to be treated so that it is not bothering him any more.

If costs are a concern then you may be able to get some help from some of these resources:

Help with paying for vet bills.

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (7627 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (14333 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (48732 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (11051 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (16659 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (32874 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (12470 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (16534 views)

Good chew toys for dogs. Hi Dr, I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver. He... (14913 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (15315 views)