How to stop dog from scratching.

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching and won't allow it to heal. However, my dog is too aggressive and won't let me put the cone on his head. I've also tried to put a muzzle on his mouth, but he growls and tries to bite me. I've heard about tranquilizer pills, but I don't know how they work. I have no options left and I really need help.

The only option you have here is a vet visit. If he has a sore that won't heal then it is not fair to make him wear a cone to just stop him from scratching. He needs to be treated so that it is not bothering him any more.

If costs are a concern then you may be able to get some help from some of these resources:

Help with paying for vet bills.

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (8966 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (21531 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (47714 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (15898 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (88258 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (9439 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (7658 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (9952 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (45540 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (6430 views)