How to stop dog from scratching.

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching and won't allow it to heal. However, my dog is too aggressive and won't let me put the cone on his head. I've also tried to put a muzzle on his mouth, but he growls and tries to bite me. I've heard about tranquilizer pills, but I don't know how they work. I have no options left and I really need help.

The only option you have here is a vet visit. If he has a sore that won't heal then it is not fair to make him wear a cone to just stop him from scratching. He needs to be treated so that it is not bothering him any more.

If costs are a concern then you may be able to get some help from some of these resources:

Help with paying for vet bills.

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (12482 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (13418 views)

Allergic reaction. Last night my dog went outside and came back in with a red, irritated mouth. ... (52105 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (14932 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (24428 views)

Brown bugs on my dog. I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered... (7806 views)

Cat drinks from fish bowl. Hi! My cat isn't(as far as I can tell) sick at all, but rather I'm wondering... (38661 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (8031 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (108092 views)

Lethargic dog. The last 3 days, Duke has become very lethargic, laying around and just sleeping. ... (26753 views)