How to stop dog from scratching.

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching and won't allow it to heal. However, my dog is too aggressive and won't let me put the cone on his head. I've also tried to put a muzzle on his mouth, but he growls and tries to bite me. I've heard about tranquilizer pills, but I don't know how they work. I have no options left and I really need help.

The only option you have here is a vet visit. If he has a sore that won't heal then it is not fair to make him wear a cone to just stop him from scratching. He needs to be treated so that it is not bothering him any more.

If costs are a concern then you may be able to get some help from some of these resources:

Help with paying for vet bills.

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (16653 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (6242 views)

Lump on dog's head. Within a week or two I noticed a bump on Badger's head (about center back behind... (25248 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (11648 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (25269 views)

Possible seizures? Our cat, Teddy, started having episodes of rigid front legs, swaying, and staggering... (6093 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (17534 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (8528 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (4152 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (7279 views)