Head tremors and bloody discharge.

Breed: calico
Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat wildwood. her systems were slight head tremors and wobbliness. However she has become less responsive since then. She also has what looks like a bloody discharge coming out of mouth, along with not being able to stand at all now. From what it seems doesn't seem able to drink water without me having to put it right underneath her and she does drink it is very little.She also doesn't seem able to be able to meow either. I have her as comfortable as I can. The earliest I was able into the vet was tuesday 03/02/2010 at 2pm. However I am going try to get her in somewhere else tommorrow if anyone can take her. I am just wandering if it could be possible from her getting groomed for the first time. could of any of her conditions been caused by bing groomed. Could it possible that she may of gotten an internal injury from being groomed. I thank you for your time and any information that you may be able to offer us.

Hi William. I'm sorry to hear that Wildwood is still having problems. It really sounds like she is unwell. It is unlikely that these symptoms are the result of being groomed.

It sounds like she may have a problem in her mouth such as a severe dental abscess or possibly a tumor. Unfortunately with the other symptoms you mentioned about wobbliness and tremors I am quite concerned about a brain tumor. It is possible that there is cancer that is affecting her mouth as well as her brain.

It sounds like she is extremely weak. From what you have described I do not think that she should wait until Tuesday to go in to see a vet. Hopefully you can find someone who can take her in tomorrow.

If there is an abscess of some sort then it is possible that she can be made better with some IV fluids, antibiotics and other medications. However, I think we need to prepare that this may be something serious enough to warrant euthanasia.

I wish I could offer you some advice on how to keep her comfortable till then. You can try making some soup by adding warm water to some canned food to see if she will eat that. However, I do think the best thing for her will be to have her see a vet as soon as possible.

I hope everything goes ok.

Pelvis fracture. Dear Dr Marie, My dog currently has a broken pelvis that is not mending. It... (17649 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (18820 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (11927 views)

Is ginger safe for dogs? I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we... (43528 views)

Kittens not eating or nursing My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking... (12839 views)

Swollen neck on a cat. my 4 month old male cat, desexed vaccinated and everything one more shot to go tho.... (6119 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (12318 views)

Dog snaps when head touched. Dear Dr. Marie, Our 7 year old bichon frise has started new concerning behavior.... (7201 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (23952 views)

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (16297 views)