Head tremors and bloody discharge.

Breed: calico
Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat wildwood. her systems were slight head tremors and wobbliness. However she has become less responsive since then. She also has what looks like a bloody discharge coming out of mouth, along with not being able to stand at all now. From what it seems doesn't seem able to drink water without me having to put it right underneath her and she does drink it is very little.She also doesn't seem able to be able to meow either. I have her as comfortable as I can. The earliest I was able into the vet was tuesday 03/02/2010 at 2pm. However I am going try to get her in somewhere else tommorrow if anyone can take her. I am just wandering if it could be possible from her getting groomed for the first time. could of any of her conditions been caused by bing groomed. Could it possible that she may of gotten an internal injury from being groomed. I thank you for your time and any information that you may be able to offer us.

Hi William. I'm sorry to hear that Wildwood is still having problems. It really sounds like she is unwell. It is unlikely that these symptoms are the result of being groomed.

It sounds like she may have a problem in her mouth such as a severe dental abscess or possibly a tumor. Unfortunately with the other symptoms you mentioned about wobbliness and tremors I am quite concerned about a brain tumor. It is possible that there is cancer that is affecting her mouth as well as her brain.

It sounds like she is extremely weak. From what you have described I do not think that she should wait until Tuesday to go in to see a vet. Hopefully you can find someone who can take her in tomorrow.

If there is an abscess of some sort then it is possible that she can be made better with some IV fluids, antibiotics and other medications. However, I think we need to prepare that this may be something serious enough to warrant euthanasia.

I wish I could offer you some advice on how to keep her comfortable till then. You can try making some soup by adding warm water to some canned food to see if she will eat that. However, I do think the best thing for her will be to have her see a vet as soon as possible.

I hope everything goes ok.

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10456 views)

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (6588 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (13866 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (32410 views)

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (7149 views)

Why did my kitten die? I came home last night to find my kitten laying dead in her kennel. We rescued her... (11378 views)

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (9219 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (7630 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (8111 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (64581 views)