Head tremors and bloody discharge.

Breed: calico
Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat wildwood. her systems were slight head tremors and wobbliness. However she has become less responsive since then. She also has what looks like a bloody discharge coming out of mouth, along with not being able to stand at all now. From what it seems doesn't seem able to drink water without me having to put it right underneath her and she does drink it is very little.She also doesn't seem able to be able to meow either. I have her as comfortable as I can. The earliest I was able into the vet was tuesday 03/02/2010 at 2pm. However I am going try to get her in somewhere else tommorrow if anyone can take her. I am just wandering if it could be possible from her getting groomed for the first time. could of any of her conditions been caused by bing groomed. Could it possible that she may of gotten an internal injury from being groomed. I thank you for your time and any information that you may be able to offer us.

Hi William. I'm sorry to hear that Wildwood is still having problems. It really sounds like she is unwell. It is unlikely that these symptoms are the result of being groomed.

It sounds like she may have a problem in her mouth such as a severe dental abscess or possibly a tumor. Unfortunately with the other symptoms you mentioned about wobbliness and tremors I am quite concerned about a brain tumor. It is possible that there is cancer that is affecting her mouth as well as her brain.

It sounds like she is extremely weak. From what you have described I do not think that she should wait until Tuesday to go in to see a vet. Hopefully you can find someone who can take her in tomorrow.

If there is an abscess of some sort then it is possible that she can be made better with some IV fluids, antibiotics and other medications. However, I think we need to prepare that this may be something serious enough to warrant euthanasia.

I wish I could offer you some advice on how to keep her comfortable till then. You can try making some soup by adding warm water to some canned food to see if she will eat that. However, I do think the best thing for her will be to have her see a vet as soon as possible.

I hope everything goes ok.

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (38829 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (9105 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (9745 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (19261 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (15779 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (8672 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (21331 views)

Ear problems. Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes... (10159 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (34355 views)

Dog has a crooked tail. We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and... (17748 views)