Head tremors and bloody discharge.

Breed: calico
Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat wildwood. her systems were slight head tremors and wobbliness. However she has become less responsive since then. She also has what looks like a bloody discharge coming out of mouth, along with not being able to stand at all now. From what it seems doesn't seem able to drink water without me having to put it right underneath her and she does drink it is very little.She also doesn't seem able to be able to meow either. I have her as comfortable as I can. The earliest I was able into the vet was tuesday 03/02/2010 at 2pm. However I am going try to get her in somewhere else tommorrow if anyone can take her. I am just wandering if it could be possible from her getting groomed for the first time. could of any of her conditions been caused by bing groomed. Could it possible that she may of gotten an internal injury from being groomed. I thank you for your time and any information that you may be able to offer us.

Hi William. I'm sorry to hear that Wildwood is still having problems. It really sounds like she is unwell. It is unlikely that these symptoms are the result of being groomed.

It sounds like she may have a problem in her mouth such as a severe dental abscess or possibly a tumor. Unfortunately with the other symptoms you mentioned about wobbliness and tremors I am quite concerned about a brain tumor. It is possible that there is cancer that is affecting her mouth as well as her brain.

It sounds like she is extremely weak. From what you have described I do not think that she should wait until Tuesday to go in to see a vet. Hopefully you can find someone who can take her in tomorrow.

If there is an abscess of some sort then it is possible that she can be made better with some IV fluids, antibiotics and other medications. However, I think we need to prepare that this may be something serious enough to warrant euthanasia.

I wish I could offer you some advice on how to keep her comfortable till then. You can try making some soup by adding warm water to some canned food to see if she will eat that. However, I do think the best thing for her will be to have her see a vet as soon as possible.

I hope everything goes ok.

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (153778 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (9414 views)

Can my cat live with pocket pets? Hi I have a pet rat, a guinea pig, a hamster and a cat! The cat is 19 years old, and... (10884 views)

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (35766 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (9955 views)

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (6647 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (14844 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (37621 views)

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (12333 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (14827 views)