How often is a dog in heat?

Breed: Australian Shepherd
My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not ready, my question is how long usely before they go into there 2nd heat?

Thanks for your question. Dogs generally go in to heat about every 6 months, but it can vary from dog to dog.

Little Bitt may be fertile for up to three weeks so be careful to limit her access to other dogs. She will be very attractive to males at this time. I have seen male dogs jump fences to be with a female in heat, so keep an eye on her!

If you have more questions let me know.

thank you so much

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (9178 views)

Dime sized sore above eye. Turbo has a dime size sore just above his left eye. Ive tried washing with peroxide... (18032 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (19889 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (25072 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (13817 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (7996 views)

Why did my kitten die? I came home last night to find my kitten laying dead in her kennel. We rescued her... (12517 views)

Aggressive cat My cat is having some behavioral issues. When I got her as a kitten she always came... (9835 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (11937 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (8554 views)