How often is a dog in heat?

Breed: Australian Shepherd
My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not ready, my question is how long usely before they go into there 2nd heat?

Thanks for your question. Dogs generally go in to heat about every 6 months, but it can vary from dog to dog.

Little Bitt may be fertile for up to three weeks so be careful to limit her access to other dogs. She will be very attractive to males at this time. I have seen male dogs jump fences to be with a female in heat, so keep an eye on her!

If you have more questions let me know.

thank you so much

Cat regurgitating fluid. We have a (female) calico cat who was regurgitating 4 - 5 times per day and not... (9107 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (9127 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (8707 views)

Can't urinate after neuter. My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee... (8178 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (7834 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (7010 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (11870 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (39423 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (674026 views)

Peeing in house. We live in a 2 story 5 bedroom house. I have a male 14 year old pure bred Ragdoll... (8487 views)