How often is a dog in heat?

Breed: Australian Shepherd
My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not ready, my question is how long usely before they go into there 2nd heat?

Thanks for your question. Dogs generally go in to heat about every 6 months, but it can vary from dog to dog.

Little Bitt may be fertile for up to three weeks so be careful to limit her access to other dogs. She will be very attractive to males at this time. I have seen male dogs jump fences to be with a female in heat, so keep an eye on her!

If you have more questions let me know.

thank you so much

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (20090 views)

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (24553 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (22090 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (13085 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (6148 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (29756 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (9969 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (39078 views)

What kind of food? I need a food recommendation for our two Aussies (one mini 5 yr old male at 32lbs... (7923 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (13618 views)