Can I deworm a nursing female dog?

Breed: corgi
BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while nursing?

Congrats on the new pups!

BB definitely can be dewormed while nursing. Additionally the pups should be dewormed at 2, 4 and 6 weeks of age as well.

Most dewormers are safe for use during nursing. However, it is always a good idea to read the package insert to be sure that it is labelled as safe.

Have fun raising your new puppies!

No bowel movement after dentistry. Dear Dr Marie, Thank you for creating this website. I have a 12 year old male... (13716 views)

Reusing thermometers I took my Lhasa Apso, Monroe, to Banfield at PetSmart today. He is having issues... (14562 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (37846 views)

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (24603 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (17478 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (17538 views)

Arthritis medicines for cats. Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat.... (8796 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (8124 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (79360 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (9723 views)