Can I deworm a nursing female dog?

Breed: corgi
BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while nursing?

Congrats on the new pups!

BB definitely can be dewormed while nursing. Additionally the pups should be dewormed at 2, 4 and 6 weeks of age as well.

Most dewormers are safe for use during nursing. However, it is always a good idea to read the package insert to be sure that it is labelled as safe.

Have fun raising your new puppies!

Coughing puppy. My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up as if she has something stuck in... (9931 views)

Paraneoplastic syndrome? In 3/2013 after suffering 2 "seizures," Clark was diagnosed with insulinoma from... (4906 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (68066 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma. Tessa has a little black growth on her eyelid. My vet has said it's a tumor and... (12714 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (54525 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (3715 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (4303 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (6375 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (6767 views)

Painful after grooming. My dog, Codey (6 yr old rescue cockapoo) went to the groomer yesterday to get... (13025 views)