Can I deworm a nursing female dog?

Breed: corgi
BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while nursing?

Congrats on the new pups!

BB definitely can be dewormed while nursing. Additionally the pups should be dewormed at 2, 4 and 6 weeks of age as well.

Most dewormers are safe for use during nursing. However, it is always a good idea to read the package insert to be sure that it is labelled as safe.

Have fun raising your new puppies!

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (8790 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (11400 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (38289 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (5927 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (7777 views)

Puppy died suddenly. I came home after being gone for 3 hours. We have baby Pomeranians 6 weeks old. They... (20933 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (31585 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (7759 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (8682 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (9423 views)