Kittens died.

Breed:
My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed healthy, were active. Mom stayed with them nursing them. Two days later kittens died, one by one.
Small stream of blood oozing out of behind when they died ???
Eileen
Mom is doing fine right now but sad. I'm keeping her in till she gets stronger then getting her spayed.

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened.

If these little kittens had blood oozing out of their anus when they died then it sounds like there was a serious gastrointestinal problem going on.

One possibility is a virus called panleukopenia which is very serious.

Another possibility is a severe parasite burden.

It's not a bad idea to have your vet check out mom and do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (8520 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (6232 views)

Yellow skin and then died. today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his... (6232 views)

Lump on dog's chest. My dog has a lump on the right side of his chest. (I think it's his chest. It's an... (20046 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (8140 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (45851 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (12841 views)

Dog urinating in house. hey my 5 year old staff has started urinating in the house she has never done this... (9490 views)

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (6841 views)

Vaccinate against parvo? Chester is about 10 weeks he was a stray he now has Parvo but I think recovering at... (4767 views)