Kittens died.

Breed:
My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed healthy, were active. Mom stayed with them nursing them. Two days later kittens died, one by one.
Small stream of blood oozing out of behind when they died ???
Eileen
Mom is doing fine right now but sad. I'm keeping her in till she gets stronger then getting her spayed.

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened.

If these little kittens had blood oozing out of their anus when they died then it sounds like there was a serious gastrointestinal problem going on.

One possibility is a virus called panleukopenia which is very serious.

Another possibility is a severe parasite burden.

It's not a bad idea to have your vet check out mom and do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (9288 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (20023 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (9662 views)

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (33787 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (9532 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (16534 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (13849 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (4037 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (10528 views)

Roundworm in cats. my kitten has round worm and i can't afford a trip to the vet can you please offer... (4692 views)