Kittens died.

Breed:
My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed healthy, were active. Mom stayed with them nursing them. Two days later kittens died, one by one.
Small stream of blood oozing out of behind when they died ???
Eileen
Mom is doing fine right now but sad. I'm keeping her in till she gets stronger then getting her spayed.

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened.

If these little kittens had blood oozing out of their anus when they died then it sounds like there was a serious gastrointestinal problem going on.

One possibility is a virus called panleukopenia which is very serious.

Another possibility is a severe parasite burden.

It's not a bad idea to have your vet check out mom and do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (5987 views)

Skin lesions on dog's face. HI, my Chikita has been having some skin trouble and cant exactly figure out what it... (4660 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (18303 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (15244 views)

Arthritis medicines for cats. Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat.... (6095 views)

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (19869 views)

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (7290 views)

Blood in urine My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is... (5240 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (86498 views)

Cat losing hair in patches Our cat has started loosing hair in spots. HE is an orange tabby. White spots... (17522 views)