Kittens died.

Breed:
My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed healthy, were active. Mom stayed with them nursing them. Two days later kittens died, one by one.
Small stream of blood oozing out of behind when they died ???
Eileen
Mom is doing fine right now but sad. I'm keeping her in till she gets stronger then getting her spayed.

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened.

If these little kittens had blood oozing out of their anus when they died then it sounds like there was a serious gastrointestinal problem going on.

One possibility is a virus called panleukopenia which is very serious.

Another possibility is a severe parasite burden.

It's not a bad idea to have your vet check out mom and do a fecal exam to look for parasites.

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (12959 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (5366 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (7137 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (11785 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (8835 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (9879 views)

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (11400 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (10073 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (12174 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (8251 views)