Lifespan of a rat?

Breed: Rat
What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is he likely to live for a lot longer?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The average lifespan of a rat is 2-3 years. I have seen rats live longer than that, but not too many.

I hope your little guy is around for a long time still!

Swollen face after fight. My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have... (8450 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (8337 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (5951 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (7928 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (10237 views)

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (17078 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (7434 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (8050 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (3298 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (6895 views)