Lifespan of a rat?

Breed: Rat
What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is he likely to live for a lot longer?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The average lifespan of a rat is 2-3 years. I have seen rats live longer than that, but not too many.

I hope your little guy is around for a long time still!

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (7766 views)

Diarrhea question. My 10 year old malamute just got up off the living room floor, leaving behind a... (7003 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (18453 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (7261 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (45958 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (42075 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (7217 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (9312 views)

Allergic to greenies? My 11.5 year old pug/griffin mix dog has been having nasal/breathing issues for the... (6498 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (83507 views)