Lifespan of a rat?

Breed: Rat
What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is he likely to live for a lot longer?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The average lifespan of a rat is 2-3 years. I have seen rats live longer than that, but not too many.

I hope your little guy is around for a long time still!

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (13070 views)

Mesenchymal tumor Need some input. My dog (she's 6)had developed a small lump/bump on her head above... (9967 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (18657 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (13337 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (38503 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (7866 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (6453 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (12607 views)

Puppy breathing hard. Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has... (15188 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (11981 views)