Lifespan of a rat?

Breed: Rat
What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is he likely to live for a lot longer?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The average lifespan of a rat is 2-3 years. I have seen rats live longer than that, but not too many.

I hope your little guy is around for a long time still!

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (8087 views)

Dog dying of parvo. sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy... (18036 views)

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (37972 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (6885 views)

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (8235 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (8162 views)

Sudden bulldog death. Hello Dr. Marie, I own a boarding kennel and have for fifteen years. We pride... (30981 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (35274 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (10433 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (7465 views)