Lifespan of a rat?

Breed: Rat
What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is he likely to live for a lot longer?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The average lifespan of a rat is 2-3 years. I have seen rats live longer than that, but not too many.

I hope your little guy is around for a long time still!

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (5196 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (9422 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (34929 views)

Do cats get leptospirosis? Hi... My Name is Dasha.. i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had a kitten, named Lilo,... (11457 views)

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (5784 views)

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (8234 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (5674 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (14901 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (31148 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (20108 views)