Lifespan of a rat?

Breed: Rat
What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is he likely to live for a lot longer?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The average lifespan of a rat is 2-3 years. I have seen rats live longer than that, but not too many.

I hope your little guy is around for a long time still!

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (22841 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (6031 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (3157 views)

Inbreeding dogs. is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies... (28568 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (3219 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (8654 views)

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (5247 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (15786 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (33313 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (7328 views)