Lifespan of a rat?

Breed: Rat
What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is he likely to live for a lot longer?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The average lifespan of a rat is 2-3 years. I have seen rats live longer than that, but not too many.

I hope your little guy is around for a long time still!

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (57709 views)

Red swollen paw. My cat's paw is red and swollen. The middle toes are swelling so they appear to be... (18431 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (8444 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (8582 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (20223 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (10505 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (5407 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (5405 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (5522 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (217740 views)