Lifespan of a rat?

Breed: Rat
What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is he likely to live for a lot longer?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The average lifespan of a rat is 2-3 years. I have seen rats live longer than that, but not too many.

I hope your little guy is around for a long time still!

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (8089 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (16494 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (60822 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (4255 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (9713 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (10855 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (10350 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (6692 views)

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (9260 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (10945 views)