Lifespan of a rat?

Breed: Rat
What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is he likely to live for a lot longer?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The average lifespan of a rat is 2-3 years. I have seen rats live longer than that, but not too many.

I hope your little guy is around for a long time still!

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (7032 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (4278 views)

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (37603 views)

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (12036 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (6229 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (9461 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (50460 views)

Meowing and growling cat. I am having problems with my 15 year old neutered cat. She has always been... (9974 views)

Blue lump on dog's belly. Around Christmas, I noticed a blue-tinted bump, about 3 mm in diameter, on my dog's... (18250 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (4151 views)