Lifespan of a rat?

Breed: Rat
What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is he likely to live for a lot longer?

Jon

Hi Jon,

The average lifespan of a rat is 2-3 years. I have seen rats live longer than that, but not too many.

I hope your little guy is around for a long time still!

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (17052 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (34921 views)

Dry nose in a dog. is it normal that my 10 year old dog haves a very dry nose everytime?... (6029 views)

Spiders toxic to cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Hope things are well. I had what amounts to a common question but... (6196 views)

Test for Cushings? My dog is breathing rapidly, about 60 times per minute, night and day, but otherwise... (3559 views)

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (4147 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (4951 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (8711 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (8066 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (4180 views)