Vomiting kitten

Breed: Mixed
My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her breakfast. I thought it was due to rough play so soon after eating but then she started acting like she didn't feel good. She shows proper interest in food and drinks and eats just fine, uses the litter just fine, her bowel movements are firm and solid (though they are becoming less and less as her food intake decreases) but she continues to vomit (no longer regurgitation) at least 2-3 times a day. She will alternate from acting fine and playing, to just wanting to lay down. I checked her gums and they are nice and pink but she just acts like she doesn't feel good. Could she just have a 'kitty bug'? (she's also strictly an indoor kitten and hasn't had her shots yet due to just being weaned by the mother and I had read that kittens are protected by antibodies in the mothers milk)

Hi there. I get really concerned when a kitten is vomiting like this. Vomiting multiple times per day is usually a sign of some type of a medical problem.

In young kittens, one of the more common causes of repeated vomiting would be if she had eaten something that was stuck in her stomach such as an elastic or eraser or toy.

There are also viruses that can cause vomiting such as panleukopenia. These usually cause severe diarrhea though.

Parasites could potentially cause vomiting but usually cause diarrhea as well.

A change in food could cause a couple of times of vomit but shouldn't cause repeated vomiting like this.

Little ones don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. Therefore I'd highly recommend having your vet take a look at her as soon as possible! If it doesn't look like anything too serious they may prescribe some medication to help with nausea. But if they're suspecting a foreign object this could possibly mean surgery.

I really hope everything is ok!

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (12096 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (8035 views)

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (8070 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (34648 views)

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (9019 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (32610 views)

Uncomfortable cocker spaniel My 7 1/2 year old cocker spaniel came in from a walk last night with a stomach that... (40799 views)

How to get a guinea pig to lose weight Hi Dr. Marie: Recently I took my sow guinea pig Squeaky to have her nails trimmed.... (4896 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (11049 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (15114 views)