Vomiting kitten

Breed: Mixed
My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her breakfast. I thought it was due to rough play so soon after eating but then she started acting like she didn't feel good. She shows proper interest in food and drinks and eats just fine, uses the litter just fine, her bowel movements are firm and solid (though they are becoming less and less as her food intake decreases) but she continues to vomit (no longer regurgitation) at least 2-3 times a day. She will alternate from acting fine and playing, to just wanting to lay down. I checked her gums and they are nice and pink but she just acts like she doesn't feel good. Could she just have a 'kitty bug'? (she's also strictly an indoor kitten and hasn't had her shots yet due to just being weaned by the mother and I had read that kittens are protected by antibodies in the mothers milk)

Hi there. I get really concerned when a kitten is vomiting like this. Vomiting multiple times per day is usually a sign of some type of a medical problem.

In young kittens, one of the more common causes of repeated vomiting would be if she had eaten something that was stuck in her stomach such as an elastic or eraser or toy.

There are also viruses that can cause vomiting such as panleukopenia. These usually cause severe diarrhea though.

Parasites could potentially cause vomiting but usually cause diarrhea as well.

A change in food could cause a couple of times of vomit but shouldn't cause repeated vomiting like this.

Little ones don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. Therefore I'd highly recommend having your vet take a look at her as soon as possible! If it doesn't look like anything too serious they may prescribe some medication to help with nausea. But if they're suspecting a foreign object this could possibly mean surgery.

I really hope everything is ok!

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (4118 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (26904 views)

Rice grain like worms in poop. my dog has rice grain-like worms in her poop. can you tell me what kind they are.... (13218 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (5267 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (10988 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (6327 views)

Lump under dog's eye? Hello, A couple days ago I noticed a red-pink bump under my dog's right eye. It... (22098 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (8508 views)

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (8989 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (9618 views)