Vomiting kitten

Breed: Mixed
My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her breakfast. I thought it was due to rough play so soon after eating but then she started acting like she didn't feel good. She shows proper interest in food and drinks and eats just fine, uses the litter just fine, her bowel movements are firm and solid (though they are becoming less and less as her food intake decreases) but she continues to vomit (no longer regurgitation) at least 2-3 times a day. She will alternate from acting fine and playing, to just wanting to lay down. I checked her gums and they are nice and pink but she just acts like she doesn't feel good. Could she just have a 'kitty bug'? (she's also strictly an indoor kitten and hasn't had her shots yet due to just being weaned by the mother and I had read that kittens are protected by antibodies in the mothers milk)

Hi there. I get really concerned when a kitten is vomiting like this. Vomiting multiple times per day is usually a sign of some type of a medical problem.

In young kittens, one of the more common causes of repeated vomiting would be if she had eaten something that was stuck in her stomach such as an elastic or eraser or toy.

There are also viruses that can cause vomiting such as panleukopenia. These usually cause severe diarrhea though.

Parasites could potentially cause vomiting but usually cause diarrhea as well.

A change in food could cause a couple of times of vomit but shouldn't cause repeated vomiting like this.

Little ones don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. Therefore I'd highly recommend having your vet take a look at her as soon as possible! If it doesn't look like anything too serious they may prescribe some medication to help with nausea. But if they're suspecting a foreign object this could possibly mean surgery.

I really hope everything is ok!

White tongue in a kitten. Kitten 6weeks old looks like a 4 week old. Sootie has a white tongue? Is it... (17687 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (50373 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Our Dog won't eat and drinks very little if any. Friday last weekend Harper's... (18607 views)

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (9832 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (48564 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (19573 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (15818 views)

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (7933 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (11133 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (5310 views)