Dropped puppy on head.

Breed: boston terrier/frenc
I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old picked him up and threw him down tonight and he immediately threw up. Now he is whining occasionaly in pain and scratching at his eyes/ears area. He is walking normally but shaking alot. Do you think he has a concussion or brain injury? No vets are open and i dont know what to do with him..

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that this happened.

Unfortunately this question was asked in the free section and as such I have only received it by now. Likely, you know by now if the pup is ok or not.

But, for anyone else who is reading this because they have a similar problem I will answer what I can.

We don't really know if dogs get concussions but I believe they can. If the pup is able to walk ok, it is likely ok to watch him for a few hours to see how things go.

However, here are some symptoms that would make me want to take him to an emergency vet:

-if his pupils are unequal sizes
-if he is unable to walk
-if he is non-responsive
-if the vomiting continues
-if he seems really uncomfortable for more than an hour
-or, if your gut just tells you that something is wrong.

I hope your little one is ok!

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (9057 views)

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (8057 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (4978 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (5534 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (26469 views)

Dog with colonic tumor. Hi - Our nearly 11 year old male yellow lab has had quite a week. He has been... (18975 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (8496 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (22137 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (11119 views)

Cat won't pee or poop. Hi there, I have a nine year old DLH female cat. For 5 years now she has had... (24544 views)