Dropped puppy on head.

Breed: boston terrier/frenc
I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old picked him up and threw him down tonight and he immediately threw up. Now he is whining occasionaly in pain and scratching at his eyes/ears area. He is walking normally but shaking alot. Do you think he has a concussion or brain injury? No vets are open and i dont know what to do with him..

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that this happened.

Unfortunately this question was asked in the free section and as such I have only received it by now. Likely, you know by now if the pup is ok or not.

But, for anyone else who is reading this because they have a similar problem I will answer what I can.

We don't really know if dogs get concussions but I believe they can. If the pup is able to walk ok, it is likely ok to watch him for a few hours to see how things go.

However, here are some symptoms that would make me want to take him to an emergency vet:

-if his pupils are unequal sizes
-if he is unable to walk
-if he is non-responsive
-if the vomiting continues
-if he seems really uncomfortable for more than an hour
-or, if your gut just tells you that something is wrong.

I hope your little one is ok!

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (74724 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (86684 views)

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (8689 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (6184 views)

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (6312 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (13461 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (17655 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (22208 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (31658 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (27166 views)