Dropped puppy on head.

Breed: boston terrier/frenc
I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old picked him up and threw him down tonight and he immediately threw up. Now he is whining occasionaly in pain and scratching at his eyes/ears area. He is walking normally but shaking alot. Do you think he has a concussion or brain injury? No vets are open and i dont know what to do with him..

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that this happened.

Unfortunately this question was asked in the free section and as such I have only received it by now. Likely, you know by now if the pup is ok or not.

But, for anyone else who is reading this because they have a similar problem I will answer what I can.

We don't really know if dogs get concussions but I believe they can. If the pup is able to walk ok, it is likely ok to watch him for a few hours to see how things go.

However, here are some symptoms that would make me want to take him to an emergency vet:

-if his pupils are unequal sizes
-if he is unable to walk
-if he is non-responsive
-if the vomiting continues
-if he seems really uncomfortable for more than an hour
-or, if your gut just tells you that something is wrong.

I hope your little one is ok!

Arsenic in Rawhides? I've given my dogs rawhides for years with no problems--usually 1-2/day. They enjoy... (5815 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (16410 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (14277 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (12501 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (16147 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (6331 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (8420 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (6963 views)

Cat not doing well. Hi Dr. Marie, First I want to say I love your page on Facebook and I am a big Fan... (6844 views)

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (26130 views)