Dropped puppy on head.

Breed: boston terrier/frenc
I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old picked him up and threw him down tonight and he immediately threw up. Now he is whining occasionaly in pain and scratching at his eyes/ears area. He is walking normally but shaking alot. Do you think he has a concussion or brain injury? No vets are open and i dont know what to do with him..

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that this happened.

Unfortunately this question was asked in the free section and as such I have only received it by now. Likely, you know by now if the pup is ok or not.

But, for anyone else who is reading this because they have a similar problem I will answer what I can.

We don't really know if dogs get concussions but I believe they can. If the pup is able to walk ok, it is likely ok to watch him for a few hours to see how things go.

However, here are some symptoms that would make me want to take him to an emergency vet:

-if his pupils are unequal sizes
-if he is unable to walk
-if he is non-responsive
-if the vomiting continues
-if he seems really uncomfortable for more than an hour
-or, if your gut just tells you that something is wrong.

I hope your little one is ok!

Methamphetamine use by dog. "My dog has mental breakdown in which he acts like he is on drugs. he runs in... (14143 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (4621 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (7458 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (8020 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (48092 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (6358 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (6596 views)

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (13871 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (3962 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (16483 views)