Dropped puppy on head.

Breed: boston terrier/frenc
I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old picked him up and threw him down tonight and he immediately threw up. Now he is whining occasionaly in pain and scratching at his eyes/ears area. He is walking normally but shaking alot. Do you think he has a concussion or brain injury? No vets are open and i dont know what to do with him..

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that this happened.

Unfortunately this question was asked in the free section and as such I have only received it by now. Likely, you know by now if the pup is ok or not.

But, for anyone else who is reading this because they have a similar problem I will answer what I can.

We don't really know if dogs get concussions but I believe they can. If the pup is able to walk ok, it is likely ok to watch him for a few hours to see how things go.

However, here are some symptoms that would make me want to take him to an emergency vet:

-if his pupils are unequal sizes
-if he is unable to walk
-if he is non-responsive
-if the vomiting continues
-if he seems really uncomfortable for more than an hour
-or, if your gut just tells you that something is wrong.

I hope your little one is ok!

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (22947 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (17943 views)

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (7845 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (5645 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (8892 views)

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (20717 views)

Should I help a sick vole? I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs,... (8555 views)

Brown spot on lip of dog. Greetings, I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth. On the lower... (10175 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (18439 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (11589 views)