Dropped puppy on head.

Breed: boston terrier/frenc
I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old picked him up and threw him down tonight and he immediately threw up. Now he is whining occasionaly in pain and scratching at his eyes/ears area. He is walking normally but shaking alot. Do you think he has a concussion or brain injury? No vets are open and i dont know what to do with him..

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that this happened.

Unfortunately this question was asked in the free section and as such I have only received it by now. Likely, you know by now if the pup is ok or not.

But, for anyone else who is reading this because they have a similar problem I will answer what I can.

We don't really know if dogs get concussions but I believe they can. If the pup is able to walk ok, it is likely ok to watch him for a few hours to see how things go.

However, here are some symptoms that would make me want to take him to an emergency vet:

-if his pupils are unequal sizes
-if he is unable to walk
-if he is non-responsive
-if the vomiting continues
-if he seems really uncomfortable for more than an hour
-or, if your gut just tells you that something is wrong.

I hope your little one is ok!

Fly a puppy in cargo? Hi Dr Marie. We live in Halifax and are buying a pup from a breeder in Winnipeg.... (4713 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (6481 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (4897 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (8933 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (8290 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (7259 views)

Dog ate grapes. My dog ate 3 grapes! My son gave them to him about 2-3 hours ago. Are grapes... (11465 views)

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (16207 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (13674 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My can got attacked by a dog and she cant close her mouth all the way, but her tooth... (4477 views)