Dog is licking where he was neutered.

Breed: poodle
my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap thx.

Thanks for your question. This is unlikely to be related to his neutering surgery.

It's possible that Buddy has a wound in this area or even a skin infection.

Is he urinating ok? If he is having trouble with urinating then he should see a vet right away.

If not, you can try putting some polysporin or neosporin on the area three times daily. If things aren't improving after a couple of days then he will need to see the vet to see if he needs some antibiotics.

I hope he is ok!

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (9619 views)

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (8112 views)

Cat not getting over URTI. Hi, My cat has suffered from flu from approx 8 mths old but these days never seems... (8455 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (9836 views)

Dog suddenly needy. Austin is 7. He is a shelter dog. I've had him since he was 2-ish. He was diagnosed... (37404 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (15214 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (19679 views)

Dog limping. My dog just started having pain today. We took him on a particularly long walk... (11476 views)

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (16183 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (22586 views)