Dog is licking where he was neutered.

Breed: poodle
my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap thx.

Thanks for your question. This is unlikely to be related to his neutering surgery.

It's possible that Buddy has a wound in this area or even a skin infection.

Is he urinating ok? If he is having trouble with urinating then he should see a vet right away.

If not, you can try putting some polysporin or neosporin on the area three times daily. If things aren't improving after a couple of days then he will need to see the vet to see if he needs some antibiotics.

I hope he is ok!

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (14144 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (11271 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (50961 views)

Pancreatic enzymes. How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the... (8596 views)

Lots of problems. Dear Dr Marie, Here's the link to our ongoing... (10965 views)

Lump on my dog. Hello Dr. Marie, I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you... (35236 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (7795 views)

Discoid lupus treatment. Hi. I live in rural Peru. After many wrong diagnoses, a vet here diagnosed Diego... (11205 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (31220 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (15107 views)