Dog is licking where he was neutered.

Breed: poodle
my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap thx.

Thanks for your question. This is unlikely to be related to his neutering surgery.

It's possible that Buddy has a wound in this area or even a skin infection.

Is he urinating ok? If he is having trouble with urinating then he should see a vet right away.

If not, you can try putting some polysporin or neosporin on the area three times daily. If things aren't improving after a couple of days then he will need to see the vet to see if he needs some antibiotics.

I hope he is ok!

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (18676 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (4944 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (47076 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (11224 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (12250 views)

Lipoma on a dog. Hi Dr. Laurie, You gave me such great advice on my cat Bobo, I'm writing about my... (5882 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (6737 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (32019 views)

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (17299 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. Today I had went to a new vet with my 8 year old Cocker Spaniel, and while the vet... (11140 views)