Dog is licking where he was neutered.

Breed: poodle
my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap thx.

Thanks for your question. This is unlikely to be related to his neutering surgery.

It's possible that Buddy has a wound in this area or even a skin infection.

Is he urinating ok? If he is having trouble with urinating then he should see a vet right away.

If not, you can try putting some polysporin or neosporin on the area three times daily. If things aren't improving after a couple of days then he will need to see the vet to see if he needs some antibiotics.

I hope he is ok!

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (10752 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (5138 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (13232 views)

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (7264 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (22422 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (8719 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (10152 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (24106 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (50351 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (53675 views)