Hungry and losing weight.

Breed:
hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont give in to him! he has also lost a lot of wieght and seems to be vomiting on a daily basis. we have tried worming him but that didnt help. any ideas??

It sounds like your cat needs some blood tests done ASAP!

There is a high possibility that he has a condition called hyperthyroidism.

This is a treatable condition, but if it goes on for too long then there can be serious problems with the heart or kidneys.

I hope he can see a vet soon!

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (14606 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (32470 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (9464 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (11116 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (8951 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (10990 views)

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (257550 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (6799 views)

Diarrhea and not eating. My saluki started with a foul smelling yellow diarrhea. Then she slowly stopped... (4694 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (9687 views)