Hungry and losing weight.

Breed:
hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont give in to him! he has also lost a lot of wieght and seems to be vomiting on a daily basis. we have tried worming him but that didnt help. any ideas??

It sounds like your cat needs some blood tests done ASAP!

There is a high possibility that he has a condition called hyperthyroidism.

This is a treatable condition, but if it goes on for too long then there can be serious problems with the heart or kidneys.

I hope he can see a vet soon!

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (9576 views)

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (13406 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (11033 views)

Lump on dog's head. Within a week or two I noticed a bump on Badger's head (about center back behind... (42002 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (10447 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (7575 views)

Can dogs get laryngitis? what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it... (15132 views)

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (44151 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (42741 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (15127 views)