Hungry and losing weight.

Breed:
hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont give in to him! he has also lost a lot of wieght and seems to be vomiting on a daily basis. we have tried worming him but that didnt help. any ideas??

It sounds like your cat needs some blood tests done ASAP!

There is a high possibility that he has a condition called hyperthyroidism.

This is a treatable condition, but if it goes on for too long then there can be serious problems with the heart or kidneys.

I hope he can see a vet soon!

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (5332 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (14000 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (5807 views)

Dog had a seizure. My dog had a seizure this morning. She is a 3 ½ year old spayed Whippet/Jack... (13531 views)

Is my dog pregnant? my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and... (14857 views)

Wound on dog's ear. Hello, my puppy has a tiny hole underneath his ear flap. It's red and I worry its... (15608 views)

Pelvis fracture. Dear Dr Marie, My dog currently has a broken pelvis that is not mending. It... (17978 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (12037 views)

Tylosin responsive diarrhea. In another posting on this site you mention giving tylosin daily in "tiny amounts"... (7615 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (13787 views)