Hungry and losing weight.

Breed:
hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont give in to him! he has also lost a lot of wieght and seems to be vomiting on a daily basis. we have tried worming him but that didnt help. any ideas??

It sounds like your cat needs some blood tests done ASAP!

There is a high possibility that he has a condition called hyperthyroidism.

This is a treatable condition, but if it goes on for too long then there can be serious problems with the heart or kidneys.

I hope he can see a vet soon!

Lethargic after Trifexis. Hello, Thank you for your help. My beagle, Daisy (25 lbs), ate her dose of... (23466 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (6511 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7059 views)

Questions about anesthesia Hi my name is Jazmin. I'm currently in college now in vet tech school. i have a... (6197 views)

Dog looks thin. I have a 9 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier. Recently she has begun to get thin. I... (12981 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (9924 views)

Guinea Pig in Heat? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a guinea pig named Charlie, and my friend also has a... (28090 views)

Dog ate grapes. My dog ate 3 grapes! My son gave them to him about 2-3 hours ago. Are grapes... (11699 views)

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (7369 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (6358 views)