Magnesium level of food.

Breed: ASH
I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085% magnesium cat food. However that particular cat food is being discontinued. I have found a another cat food I like the magnesium level is .01%. Is that too low of a level for him? And is it too low of a level for the normal cat?

We actually don't worry about magnesium and ash levels any more. Back 10-15 years ago this was what we thought was important for cat foods, but there are many more factors to consider.

The most important thing is something called RSS - relative supersaturation. Unfortunately you will only find foods with good RSS levels sold in vet clinics.

If I have a patient with a history of urinary tract issues I always recommend them to stay on a food like Royal Canin s/o or Hill's c/d.

If your vet says it's ok then you can try going to a high quality food like Iams or Science Diet and this is ok for most cats.

Dog limping. My dog just started having pain today. We took him on a particularly long walk... (9254 views)

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (8474 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (7007 views)

Bleeding after whelping. My female dog is now bleeding again 8 weeks after having her pups. Now I know she's... (72702 views)

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (21794 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (4792 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (4995 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (37466 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (4164 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (8567 views)