Older dog won't eat.

Breed: beagle/daschund mix
My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her dog food-gravy train- so we switched her to blue buffalo dog food. She liked it for a few weeks and then stopped. We had her eating hot dogs because that was the only thing she would eat. Recently she has stopped and we tried chicken and hamburger meat and she ate both for about two days but has now stopped eating. She is still taking water but will not eat. My sister got her from a shelter 9 years ago and has since moved away raking any records that she had . No vets will see her without her getting all of her shots updated. I'm very worried. Please help me if you can.

Oh dear, I am sorry that Baby is not feeling well.

When an older dog starts to lose their appetite there is almost always a medical problem going on. It could be that she has problems with her liver or kidneys. Cancer is unfortunately a possibility as well.

I can't imagine a vet refusing to see her because she does not have her vaccines. In fact, a vet would not vaccinate her if she is unwell like this.

She does need to have a vet visit. Your vet will do a good physical exam and some bloodwork and give you an idea as to whether this is something we can treat or not.

I wish I could give you some better advice, but unfortunately she really does need to see a doctor.

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (13237 views)

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (16547 views)

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (18598 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (24240 views)

Eucalyptus for fleas. I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him..... (15845 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (22506 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (11946 views)

Increased thirst and urination. I have an 11 year old spayed female toy poodle. She has been drinking a lot of water... (25441 views)

Liver cancer questions. My dog Penny was on trilo for Cushings - Dec 2010- then she went into Addisons went... (8431 views)

Should dog with cancer be euthanized? Ben was diagnosed with a Grade III mast cell tumor last February. We had it... (18273 views)