Older dog won't eat.

Breed: beagle/daschund mix
My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her dog food-gravy train- so we switched her to blue buffalo dog food. She liked it for a few weeks and then stopped. We had her eating hot dogs because that was the only thing she would eat. Recently she has stopped and we tried chicken and hamburger meat and she ate both for about two days but has now stopped eating. She is still taking water but will not eat. My sister got her from a shelter 9 years ago and has since moved away raking any records that she had . No vets will see her without her getting all of her shots updated. I'm very worried. Please help me if you can.

Oh dear, I am sorry that Baby is not feeling well.

When an older dog starts to lose their appetite there is almost always a medical problem going on. It could be that she has problems with her liver or kidneys. Cancer is unfortunately a possibility as well.

I can't imagine a vet refusing to see her because she does not have her vaccines. In fact, a vet would not vaccinate her if she is unwell like this.

She does need to have a vet visit. Your vet will do a good physical exam and some bloodwork and give you an idea as to whether this is something we can treat or not.

I wish I could give you some better advice, but unfortunately she really does need to see a doctor.

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (12924 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (7112 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (9965 views)

Tresaderm causing seizure? Hi, I have a special-needs 6 year old cat that was born with a neurological... (6383 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (10846 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (14761 views)

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (18725 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (19949 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8703 views)

Increase in dog's thirst and urination. My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to... (9301 views)