Older dog won't eat.

Breed: beagle/daschund mix
My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her dog food-gravy train- so we switched her to blue buffalo dog food. She liked it for a few weeks and then stopped. We had her eating hot dogs because that was the only thing she would eat. Recently she has stopped and we tried chicken and hamburger meat and she ate both for about two days but has now stopped eating. She is still taking water but will not eat. My sister got her from a shelter 9 years ago and has since moved away raking any records that she had . No vets will see her without her getting all of her shots updated. I'm very worried. Please help me if you can.

Oh dear, I am sorry that Baby is not feeling well.

When an older dog starts to lose their appetite there is almost always a medical problem going on. It could be that she has problems with her liver or kidneys. Cancer is unfortunately a possibility as well.

I can't imagine a vet refusing to see her because she does not have her vaccines. In fact, a vet would not vaccinate her if she is unwell like this.

She does need to have a vet visit. Your vet will do a good physical exam and some bloodwork and give you an idea as to whether this is something we can treat or not.

I wish I could give you some better advice, but unfortunately she really does need to see a doctor.

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (7056 views)

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (26528 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (11127 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (16619 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (10642 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (24416 views)

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (8709 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (7486 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (56108 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (28349 views)