Iverheart Plus and Max.

Breed: aussie cattle dog
i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently switched to a generic heartworm medication. i ordered Iverhart Plus and received Iverhart Max; which has an added medication to prevent tapeworm. i have not administered this medication yet. she is due her next dose at the end of june. my question: is it safe to give her the Iverhart Max with the added tapeworm protection or should i try to get Iverhart Plus?

Either of these drugs would be safe to give.

Both of these drugs contain ivermectin which can be dangerous to collies or border collies (but probably not aussies), but only if given in really large amounts. The amount of ivermectin in heartworm prevention is safe for collies.

The main difference between Iverhart Max and Plus is that Max will cover tapeworms and Plus will cover whipworms. Personally I would be more concerned about whipworms as they can be hard to detect. Dogs can only get tapeworms if they have ingested an infected flea or mouse or possibly rabbit.

However, either drug is good for heartworm and safe to give.

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (19861 views)

Dime sized sore above eye. Turbo has a dime size sore just above his left eye. Ive tried washing with peroxide... (16826 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (40384 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (11305 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (29830 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (7596 views)

Has my cat been poisoned? I think my cat has been poisoned. We found him very unlike himself, just sitting a... (7638 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (6809 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (8665 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (32634 views)