Iverheart Plus and Max.

Breed: aussie cattle dog
i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently switched to a generic heartworm medication. i ordered Iverhart Plus and received Iverhart Max; which has an added medication to prevent tapeworm. i have not administered this medication yet. she is due her next dose at the end of june. my question: is it safe to give her the Iverhart Max with the added tapeworm protection or should i try to get Iverhart Plus?

Either of these drugs would be safe to give.

Both of these drugs contain ivermectin which can be dangerous to collies or border collies (but probably not aussies), but only if given in really large amounts. The amount of ivermectin in heartworm prevention is safe for collies.

The main difference between Iverhart Max and Plus is that Max will cover tapeworms and Plus will cover whipworms. Personally I would be more concerned about whipworms as they can be hard to detect. Dogs can only get tapeworms if they have ingested an infected flea or mouse or possibly rabbit.

However, either drug is good for heartworm and safe to give.

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (5710 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (15376 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (10716 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (11178 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (12832 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (9852 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (18907 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (57488 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (37489 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (14308 views)