Iverheart Plus and Max.

Breed: aussie cattle dog
i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently switched to a generic heartworm medication. i ordered Iverhart Plus and received Iverhart Max; which has an added medication to prevent tapeworm. i have not administered this medication yet. she is due her next dose at the end of june. my question: is it safe to give her the Iverhart Max with the added tapeworm protection or should i try to get Iverhart Plus?

Either of these drugs would be safe to give.

Both of these drugs contain ivermectin which can be dangerous to collies or border collies (but probably not aussies), but only if given in really large amounts. The amount of ivermectin in heartworm prevention is safe for collies.

The main difference between Iverhart Max and Plus is that Max will cover tapeworms and Plus will cover whipworms. Personally I would be more concerned about whipworms as they can be hard to detect. Dogs can only get tapeworms if they have ingested an infected flea or mouse or possibly rabbit.

However, either drug is good for heartworm and safe to give.

Is Frontline working for fleas? I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner... (17975 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (12684 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (12441 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (12191 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (14224 views)

Cat hair loss. My cat has some blood above both er of her eyes and it looks like the fur fell out.... (49979 views)

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (13802 views)

Sore neck Hi Dr. Marie, You've been helpful in the past, so I thought I'd ask you another... (4432 views)

Medication for aggressive dog? Hi! We adopted a 2.5 year old male white shepherd/lab, Denver, almost a year ago. At... (7561 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (11323 views)