Iverheart Plus and Max.

Breed: aussie cattle dog
i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently switched to a generic heartworm medication. i ordered Iverhart Plus and received Iverhart Max; which has an added medication to prevent tapeworm. i have not administered this medication yet. she is due her next dose at the end of june. my question: is it safe to give her the Iverhart Max with the added tapeworm protection or should i try to get Iverhart Plus?

Either of these drugs would be safe to give.

Both of these drugs contain ivermectin which can be dangerous to collies or border collies (but probably not aussies), but only if given in really large amounts. The amount of ivermectin in heartworm prevention is safe for collies.

The main difference between Iverhart Max and Plus is that Max will cover tapeworms and Plus will cover whipworms. Personally I would be more concerned about whipworms as they can be hard to detect. Dogs can only get tapeworms if they have ingested an infected flea or mouse or possibly rabbit.

However, either drug is good for heartworm and safe to give.

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (283099 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (10662 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (24568 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (17585 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (9020 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (6980 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (14546 views)

Sick cat after teeth cleaning. she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from... (15930 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (12648 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (12400 views)