Puppy with bald spots.

Breed: Chiuhauha/Poodle
Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing hair on her head and around her eyes. What can I buy to help her hair grow ?

THANK YOU

Interesting question.

For some dogs, this can be normal. However, it's hard for me to say whether this is normal without seeing Blanca.

Another possibility is a parasite called demodex. This is quite easy for your vet to diagnose with a skin scraping which is an inexpensive test. If your vet feels it is demodex most cases will get better on their own. However, there are some dogs with demodex that can have serious problems.

If there are any scabs or lesions at all in this area then a skin infection or a fungal infection like ringworm is possible.

There really isn't anything I can recommend to help her hair grow. A vet visit would be a great idea.

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (7084 views)

Bladder cancer. Our almost 10 year old kitty has had three recurrent bouts of uti or cystitis in the... (3523 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (4157 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (9628 views)

Stopped Rimadyl because dog is sick. I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? Oh well Aussie aprx 12... (18361 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (6424 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (6782 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (7932 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hi Dr. Marie! Spanky is 5 years old and very healthy. His energy is good and, as... (25462 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (11793 views)