Puppy with bald spots.

Breed: Chiuhauha/Poodle
Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing hair on her head and around her eyes. What can I buy to help her hair grow ?

THANK YOU

Interesting question.

For some dogs, this can be normal. However, it's hard for me to say whether this is normal without seeing Blanca.

Another possibility is a parasite called demodex. This is quite easy for your vet to diagnose with a skin scraping which is an inexpensive test. If your vet feels it is demodex most cases will get better on their own. However, there are some dogs with demodex that can have serious problems.

If there are any scabs or lesions at all in this area then a skin infection or a fungal infection like ringworm is possible.

There really isn't anything I can recommend to help her hair grow. A vet visit would be a great idea.

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (16314 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (12650 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (18475 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (6149 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (6951 views)

Lethargic after Trifexis. Hello, Thank you for your help. My beagle, Daisy (25 lbs), ate her dose of... (20803 views)

Dog bleeding from nose and died. This might seem unnecessary and irrelevant now, but maybe even shedding a little... (62179 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (8993 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (6118 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (22993 views)