Puppy with bald spots.

Breed: Chiuhauha/Poodle
Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing hair on her head and around her eyes. What can I buy to help her hair grow ?

THANK YOU

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Interesting question.

For some dogs, this can be normal. However, it's hard for me to say whether this is normal without seeing Blanca.

Another possibility is a parasite called demodex. This is quite easy for your vet to diagnose with a skin scraping which is an inexpensive test. If your vet feels it is demodex most cases will get better on their own. However, there are some dogs with demodex that can have serious problems.

If there are any scabs or lesions at all in this area then a skin infection or a fungal infection like ringworm is possible.

There really isn't anything I can recommend to help her hair grow. A vet visit would be a great idea.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (4043 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (16384 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (4815 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (41868 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (6289 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (15341 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (3424 views)

Dog with allergies. Dr, I'm afraid Max's allergies are getting the better of him. Symptom... (4794 views)

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (4568 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (4898 views)