Puppy with bald spots.

Breed: Chiuhauha/Poodle
Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing hair on her head and around her eyes. What can I buy to help her hair grow ?

THANK YOU

Interesting question.

For some dogs, this can be normal. However, it's hard for me to say whether this is normal without seeing Blanca.

Another possibility is a parasite called demodex. This is quite easy for your vet to diagnose with a skin scraping which is an inexpensive test. If your vet feels it is demodex most cases will get better on their own. However, there are some dogs with demodex that can have serious problems.

If there are any scabs or lesions at all in this area then a skin infection or a fungal infection like ringworm is possible.

There really isn't anything I can recommend to help her hair grow. A vet visit would be a great idea.

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (24469 views)

Sick after spay. She was spayed a week ago and has been fine (no problem with incision, etc.).... (69213 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (12814 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (18928 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (14290 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (70112 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (27790 views)

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (48017 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (11722 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (7849 views)