Puppy with bald spots.

Breed: Chiuhauha/Poodle
Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing hair on her head and around her eyes. What can I buy to help her hair grow ?

THANK YOU

Interesting question.

For some dogs, this can be normal. However, it's hard for me to say whether this is normal without seeing Blanca.

Another possibility is a parasite called demodex. This is quite easy for your vet to diagnose with a skin scraping which is an inexpensive test. If your vet feels it is demodex most cases will get better on their own. However, there are some dogs with demodex that can have serious problems.

If there are any scabs or lesions at all in this area then a skin infection or a fungal infection like ringworm is possible.

There really isn't anything I can recommend to help her hair grow. A vet visit would be a great idea.

Honey for a wound. Whats your opinion on using raw honey to treat and heal my geldings staph abcesses... (7833 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (15747 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (7214 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (13208 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (37934 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (7200 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (27678 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (35699 views)

Vaginal bleeding. Hi, my little desexed jack russell is bleeding slightly from her vagina when she... (91706 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (8518 views)