Puppy with bald spots.

Breed: Chiuhauha/Poodle
Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing hair on her head and around her eyes. What can I buy to help her hair grow ?

Interesting question.

For some dogs, this can be normal. However, it's hard for me to say whether this is normal without seeing Blanca.

Another possibility is a parasite called demodex. This is quite easy for your vet to diagnose with a skin scraping which is an inexpensive test. If your vet feels it is demodex most cases will get better on their own. However, there are some dogs with demodex that can have serious problems.

If there are any scabs or lesions at all in this area then a skin infection or a fungal infection like ringworm is possible.

There really isn't anything I can recommend to help her hair grow. A vet visit would be a great idea.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Dog pees in the house. Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out... (6943 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (6583 views)

Rat lost his brother. My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another... (9855 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (13010 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (4564 views)

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (4489 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (7308 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (10946 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (23101 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (16872 views)