Pit Bull won't eat.

Breed: PitBull/Boxer mix
My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray and has some anxiety issues. For the past week or two she has been "fighting" us when it comes to meal time. We have to constantly work with her and tell her to eat or finish her meals. This morning she did not eat at all. We tried moving her bowls to another room, removing them from the bowl stand and laying them on the floor, tried hand feeding her, tried doing tricks and rewarding her with her food and nothing worked. It seems to me that there is a real anxiety with mealtime but I know that not eating can be caused by a blockage as well. I'm wondering if since she is acting normal, drinking water normal, movign her bowels normally, but just isn't eating that it is caused by the anxiety and not a blockage. Without being able to physically assess her, is that what the situation sounds like to you?

If a dog doesn't want to eat and it lasts more than 24-48 hours then there is almost always a medical issue present. There are a great number of possibilities. It could indeed be some kind of blockage. It could be a sign of a toxicity affecting the liver or kidneys. It could even be because of pain. I have seen a number of pitties or boxers that have had serious back problems causing them pain.

If she's not spayed it could be a serious infection in her uterus called a pyometra.

This is not likely to be because of the kind of food or where the bowls are. I would highly suggest having your vet see her as soon as possible!

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (11476 views)

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (13044 views)

Dog looks thin. I have a 9 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier. Recently she has begun to get thin. I... (21651 views)

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (9305 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (17205 views)

Lump under dog's eye? Hello, A couple days ago I noticed a red-pink bump under my dog's right eye. It... (43553 views)

Paralyzed Rottweiler. 10 yr old rottie mix 100 lbs suddenly became unable to move or walk 5 days ago. He... (16343 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (49957 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (13710 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (38381 views)