Pit Bull won't eat.

Breed: PitBull/Boxer mix
My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray and has some anxiety issues. For the past week or two she has been "fighting" us when it comes to meal time. We have to constantly work with her and tell her to eat or finish her meals. This morning she did not eat at all. We tried moving her bowls to another room, removing them from the bowl stand and laying them on the floor, tried hand feeding her, tried doing tricks and rewarding her with her food and nothing worked. It seems to me that there is a real anxiety with mealtime but I know that not eating can be caused by a blockage as well. I'm wondering if since she is acting normal, drinking water normal, movign her bowels normally, but just isn't eating that it is caused by the anxiety and not a blockage. Without being able to physically assess her, is that what the situation sounds like to you?

If a dog doesn't want to eat and it lasts more than 24-48 hours then there is almost always a medical issue present. There are a great number of possibilities. It could indeed be some kind of blockage. It could be a sign of a toxicity affecting the liver or kidneys. It could even be because of pain. I have seen a number of pitties or boxers that have had serious back problems causing them pain.

If she's not spayed it could be a serious infection in her uterus called a pyometra.

This is not likely to be because of the kind of food or where the bowls are. I would highly suggest having your vet see her as soon as possible!

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (16073 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (24948 views)

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (30138 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (6508 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (5884 views)

Cat has swollen foot. I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot... (6691 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (9388 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (15811 views)

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (21420 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (7122 views)