Dog has distemper.

Breed: German Shepherd
My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet. and he said he has distemper and will die..I gave him an antibiotic shot ,still on med.s for coughing and vomiting but nothing happens ,Am I losing him ,help me please as soon as possible ,please!!!

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Prince has distemper. Distemper is a nasty disease.

Many dogs with distemper die even with the appropriate treatment. I'm afraid there really isn't anything that I can advise over the internet other than have your vet admit him to the hospital for intravenous fluids and aggressive medical treatment.

If he is really unwell you may need to consider euthanasia.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (18360 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (10921 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (7421 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (6897 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (220759 views)

Dog urinating in house. hey my 5 year old staff has started urinating in the house she has never done this... (10293 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (12935 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (10246 views)

Full anal glands. full anal... (7046 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (49920 views)