Dog has distemper.

Breed: German Shepherd
My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet. and he said he has distemper and will die..I gave him an antibiotic shot ,still on med.s for coughing and vomiting but nothing happens ,Am I losing him ,help me please as soon as possible ,please!!!

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Prince has distemper. Distemper is a nasty disease.

Many dogs with distemper die even with the appropriate treatment. I'm afraid there really isn't anything that I can advise over the internet other than have your vet admit him to the hospital for intravenous fluids and aggressive medical treatment.

If he is really unwell you may need to consider euthanasia.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (11959 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12169 views)

Reduced appetite in kitten. Hello Dr. Marie, My 6 month old kitten has suddenly started eating less. She... (15609 views)

Kidney problem or diabetes? Hi Dr Marie, Hicks is 17 years old now. Still moderately active. 2 years ago, she... (4681 views)

Discoid lupus treatment. Hi. I live in rural Peru. After many wrong diagnoses, a vet here diagnosed Diego... (9761 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (6943 views)

Dog on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. ok im very stressed what type of dog is on the movie You Don't Mess With The Zohan?... (12192 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (17264 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (18486 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (16643 views)