Dog has distemper.

Breed: German Shepherd
My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet. and he said he has distemper and will die..I gave him an antibiotic shot ,still on med.s for coughing and vomiting but nothing happens ,Am I losing him ,help me please as soon as possible ,please!!!

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Prince has distemper. Distemper is a nasty disease.

Many dogs with distemper die even with the appropriate treatment. I'm afraid there really isn't anything that I can advise over the internet other than have your vet admit him to the hospital for intravenous fluids and aggressive medical treatment.

If he is really unwell you may need to consider euthanasia.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (15598 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (28118 views)

Cat pulling hair out of stomach. Dark has been pulling the hair out of his stomach for over a year. He now has a... (10545 views)

Vulva dermatitis. Good Morning Doctor: My 6 year old Golden(Honey) has an infection around her female... (26101 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (11279 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (11704 views)

Pain meds after spay? Is it necessary to purchase antibiotics and pain meds after a dog has been... (20587 views)

Will removing an eye affect my dog? Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in... (8226 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (22774 views)

Should dog be euthanized if he bites? We adopted a lab / hound mix dog from a local shelter. They didn't know much about... (11729 views)