Dog has distemper.

Breed: German Shepherd
My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet. and he said he has distemper and will die..I gave him an antibiotic shot ,still on med.s for coughing and vomiting but nothing happens ,Am I losing him ,help me please as soon as possible ,please!!!

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Prince has distemper. Distemper is a nasty disease.

Many dogs with distemper die even with the appropriate treatment. I'm afraid there really isn't anything that I can advise over the internet other than have your vet admit him to the hospital for intravenous fluids and aggressive medical treatment.

If he is really unwell you may need to consider euthanasia.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (7057 views)

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (8342 views)

Pooping in house. I got my dog Clyde on June 25, 2012. He is a 4 year-old Lhasa. His previous owners... (11707 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (20099 views)

64 days pregnant. hello, I have a 1 1/2 year old Pomeranian half jack russel. I just found out she is... (18005 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (17854 views)

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (7338 views)

Should we do surgery? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat Gus will be 15 in 3 months. We have been working with his... (10741 views)

Gunky eyes in kittens. Hello, We have four newborn kittens--19 days old. One died 2 days ago--we... (10928 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (21151 views)