Dog has distemper.

Breed: German Shepherd
My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet. and he said he has distemper and will die..I gave him an antibiotic shot ,still on med.s for coughing and vomiting but nothing happens ,Am I losing him ,help me please as soon as possible ,please!!!

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Prince has distemper. Distemper is a nasty disease.

Many dogs with distemper die even with the appropriate treatment. I'm afraid there really isn't anything that I can advise over the internet other than have your vet admit him to the hospital for intravenous fluids and aggressive medical treatment.

If he is really unwell you may need to consider euthanasia.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (21019 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (17609 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (9229 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (9952 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (12057 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (22830 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (80038 views)

Pit bull has pus and is off balance. Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog... (10290 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (21283 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (9836 views)