Anal tumor.

Breed: Labrador Retriever
I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which we have known but the problem is that he seems to have a tumor like thing stick out of his anus, I have looked up on it and I think it's a annal tumor, But not sure. And I was wondering if you could help me decide what it is mostly like and what would be the best solution to help him.

I'm so sorry that you didn't get your response last night. It looks like you were typing in your question just as I went offline. I usually wait for 20 minutes after I turn my status off and last night I didn't. I am so sorry. I will definitely refund your money for you.

Your question is a tough one to answer without examining Duke. There are several different kinds of anal tumors. The only way to tell whether they are cancerous or not is to do a biopsy on it and send that away to a pathologist.

One type of tumor that dogs can get is something called a perianal adenoma. These tumors are benign and don't cause any discomfort whatsoever to the dog. We usually recommend doing surgery to remove them so that they don't get so big that they start affecting the muscle of the anus.

But, it could also be a perianal adenocarcinoma. These are cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body.

The best advice I can give you is to have your veterinarian take a look at him and help you to decide whether surgery is a good idea or whether you should just keep an eye on him.

Again, I am so sorry that I wasn't online to answer your question last night!

Alright thank you very much, my parents don't really want to take them in but their in Spain right now so my grandmother and I are going to make an appointment for him. Hopefully I can find some money around the house to take him.

Thank You,

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (8566 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (13422 views)

Starting pay of a vet. I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the... (13188 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (12751 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (6762 views)

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (10652 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (11104 views)

Aural Hematoma my 12 yr old italian greyhound's ear is puffy. not the inner ear but the ear itself.... (13341 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (18004 views)

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (27576 views)