Anal tumor.

Breed: Labrador Retriever
I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which we have known but the problem is that he seems to have a tumor like thing stick out of his anus, I have looked up on it and I think it's a annal tumor, But not sure. And I was wondering if you could help me decide what it is mostly like and what would be the best solution to help him.

I'm so sorry that you didn't get your response last night. It looks like you were typing in your question just as I went offline. I usually wait for 20 minutes after I turn my status off and last night I didn't. I am so sorry. I will definitely refund your money for you.

Your question is a tough one to answer without examining Duke. There are several different kinds of anal tumors. The only way to tell whether they are cancerous or not is to do a biopsy on it and send that away to a pathologist.

One type of tumor that dogs can get is something called a perianal adenoma. These tumors are benign and don't cause any discomfort whatsoever to the dog. We usually recommend doing surgery to remove them so that they don't get so big that they start affecting the muscle of the anus.

But, it could also be a perianal adenocarcinoma. These are cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body.

The best advice I can give you is to have your veterinarian take a look at him and help you to decide whether surgery is a good idea or whether you should just keep an eye on him.

Again, I am so sorry that I wasn't online to answer your question last night!

Alright thank you very much, my parents don't really want to take them in but their in Spain right now so my grandmother and I are going to make an appointment for him. Hopefully I can find some money around the house to take him.

Thank You,

Dry nose in a dog. is it normal that my 10 year old dog haves a very dry nose everytime?... (9349 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (19609 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (13212 views)

Did cat die from eating fertilizer? Hello, a couple of days ago I found one of my cats dead in the garden. Although he... (12651 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (19987 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (15186 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (9869 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma questions. Hello Dr. Marie, What is the typical procedure to removal meibomian gland... (17157 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (6914 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (8815 views)