Anal tumor.

Breed: Labrador Retriever
I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which we have known but the problem is that he seems to have a tumor like thing stick out of his anus, I have looked up on it and I think it's a annal tumor, But not sure. And I was wondering if you could help me decide what it is mostly like and what would be the best solution to help him.

I'm so sorry that you didn't get your response last night. It looks like you were typing in your question just as I went offline. I usually wait for 20 minutes after I turn my status off and last night I didn't. I am so sorry. I will definitely refund your money for you.

Your question is a tough one to answer without examining Duke. There are several different kinds of anal tumors. The only way to tell whether they are cancerous or not is to do a biopsy on it and send that away to a pathologist.

One type of tumor that dogs can get is something called a perianal adenoma. These tumors are benign and don't cause any discomfort whatsoever to the dog. We usually recommend doing surgery to remove them so that they don't get so big that they start affecting the muscle of the anus.

But, it could also be a perianal adenocarcinoma. These are cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body.

The best advice I can give you is to have your veterinarian take a look at him and help you to decide whether surgery is a good idea or whether you should just keep an eye on him.

Again, I am so sorry that I wasn't online to answer your question last night!

Alright thank you very much, my parents don't really want to take them in but their in Spain right now so my grandmother and I are going to make an appointment for him. Hopefully I can find some money around the house to take him.

Thank You,

Vaginal Discharge. Dr. Marie, I rescued a female unspayed german shepherd from a neighbor's yard a few... (13818 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (12641 views)

Reduced appetite in kitten. Hello Dr. Marie, My 6 month old kitten has suddenly started eating less. She... (14924 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (12299 views)

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (14067 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (10808 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (8717 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Is my dog dying? My dog vomitted yesterday, then she had a very loose stool in my kitchen. She never... (30280 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (20642 views)

Dog attacked by javelina. My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what... (7604 views)