Anal tumor.

Breed: Labrador Retriever
I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which we have known but the problem is that he seems to have a tumor like thing stick out of his anus, I have looked up on it and I think it's a annal tumor, But not sure. And I was wondering if you could help me decide what it is mostly like and what would be the best solution to help him.

I'm so sorry that you didn't get your response last night. It looks like you were typing in your question just as I went offline. I usually wait for 20 minutes after I turn my status off and last night I didn't. I am so sorry. I will definitely refund your money for you.

Your question is a tough one to answer without examining Duke. There are several different kinds of anal tumors. The only way to tell whether they are cancerous or not is to do a biopsy on it and send that away to a pathologist.

One type of tumor that dogs can get is something called a perianal adenoma. These tumors are benign and don't cause any discomfort whatsoever to the dog. We usually recommend doing surgery to remove them so that they don't get so big that they start affecting the muscle of the anus.

But, it could also be a perianal adenocarcinoma. These are cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body.

The best advice I can give you is to have your veterinarian take a look at him and help you to decide whether surgery is a good idea or whether you should just keep an eye on him.

Again, I am so sorry that I wasn't online to answer your question last night!

Alright thank you very much, my parents don't really want to take them in but their in Spain right now so my grandmother and I are going to make an appointment for him. Hopefully I can find some money around the house to take him.

Thank You,

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (8563 views)

Tapeworms in kittens. Hey there, I spoke with you a few days ago about my kittens that have worms. The... (13283 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (19690 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (10429 views)

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (42345 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (19849 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (41600 views)

Sick hamster or hibernating. Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about... (18018 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (32699 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (92874 views)