Chlamydia contagious?

Breed: miniature dachshunds
Can dogs get chlamydia?
I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't know I they can get it from puppy kisses.
Also, I caught beni in my trash w/a tampon&wasn't sure if it were possible for them to contract the bacteria

There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD. It really is not common.

The good news though is that chlamydia is not contagious from dogs to people or from people to dogs.

You have nothing to worry about.

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (27121 views)

Cat with weeping skin. I have a young cat (about a year and a half) that I found (and finally managed to... (7533 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (52885 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (10868 views)

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (16747 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (19606 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (8168 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (15260 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (19930 views)

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (111391 views)