Chlamydia contagious?

Breed: miniature dachshunds
Can dogs get chlamydia?
I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't know I they can get it from puppy kisses.
Also, I caught beni in my trash w/a tampon&wasn't sure if it were possible for them to contract the bacteria

There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD. It really is not common.

The good news though is that chlamydia is not contagious from dogs to people or from people to dogs.

You have nothing to worry about.

13 year old cat losing weight. I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had... (8559 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (9595 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (5370 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (11745 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (29652 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (15736 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (67511 views)

Cat constantly in heat. Hi, I have a cat, she is little less than 2 years old. She is always in heat like 1... (23075 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (38934 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (20848 views)