Chlamydia contagious?

Breed: miniature dachshunds
Can dogs get chlamydia?
I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't know I they can get it from puppy kisses.
Also, I caught beni in my trash w/a tampon&wasn't sure if it were possible for them to contract the bacteria

There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD. It really is not common.

The good news though is that chlamydia is not contagious from dogs to people or from people to dogs.

You have nothing to worry about.

Dog ate dark chocolate. My 12 pound maltese ate two fun sized baby ruths, a fun sized butterfinger, and one... (17040 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (18056 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (17529 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (5940 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Hi, I'm desperate to find out how to help my dog. 9 days ago (Monday night) she woke... (26151 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (7783 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6466 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (9558 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (8234 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (17284 views)