Chlamydia contagious?

Breed: miniature dachshunds
Can dogs get chlamydia?
I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't know I they can get it from puppy kisses.
Also, I caught beni in my trash w/a tampon&wasn't sure if it were possible for them to contract the bacteria

There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD. It really is not common.

The good news though is that chlamydia is not contagious from dogs to people or from people to dogs.

You have nothing to worry about.

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (7016 views)

Pancreatitis in dogs. A few days ago my little 8 pounds, 2 years old chihuahua was having an upset... (26726 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (13452 views)

Constipated kittens. I am fostering 5 kittens. I think they are about 5 weeks old. They still cannot use... (12879 views)

Swelling above dog's eye. This morning I noticed redness and swelling of my dog's upper eyelid. I gave him one... (42954 views)

Chicken fillets by Beefeaters. Dear Dr. Marie, I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves... (15298 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (12597 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (11629 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (12785 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (53401 views)