Chlamydia contagious?

Breed: miniature dachshunds
Can dogs get chlamydia?
I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't know I they can get it from puppy kisses.
Also, I caught beni in my trash w/a tampon&wasn't sure if it were possible for them to contract the bacteria

There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD. It really is not common.

The good news though is that chlamydia is not contagious from dogs to people or from people to dogs.

You have nothing to worry about.

Cat is urinating on my bed. Hi Dr Marie, You may not remember me - I'm from Australia, my partner and I email... (7732 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (8103 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (9039 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (15815 views)

Vomiting diabetic cat. Hello Dr. We have a 17yr old male diabetic cat who throws up a nasty brown liquid... (31747 views)

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (13831 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (32549 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (7373 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (6305 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (4579 views)