Chlamydia contagious?

Breed: miniature dachshunds
Can dogs get chlamydia?
I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't know I they can get it from puppy kisses.
Also, I caught beni in my trash w/a tampon&wasn't sure if it were possible for them to contract the bacteria

There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD. It really is not common.

The good news though is that chlamydia is not contagious from dogs to people or from people to dogs.

You have nothing to worry about.

Heart enlargement? Hi I have a female terrier dog, Fido and she is 9 years old. Couple of months ago my... (5998 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (9032 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (13469 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (9336 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (18177 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (14794 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (7470 views)

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (15469 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (9137 views)

Dog licking other dog's ear. My roommate's pit/lab mix Champ is moderately obsessed with licking/chewing on my... (56903 views)