Vomiting yorkie.

Breed: Yorkshire terrier
Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that tonight she vomited like 7-8 times within 10 minutes and it was undigested food. I only feed her chicken and rice, but the rice was still formed as was the chicken after 15 hours since feeding her. Should I worry about this? She had very hyperactive bowel sounds that I could hear without the use of a stethoscope. I happened to have some sacralfate (spelling?) for nausea here and I gave her 1/4 tablet and it seems to have calmed her stomach.

Sorry to hear that Abby may be not feeling well.

The answer really depends on how Abby is acting now. If she vomited several times in a row, but seems happy and is wanting to eat then I wouldn't be too worried.

But, if she seems like she is quieter than usual and has no appetite then there may e something going on.

The sucralfate is a good idea. It will help to ease any minor stomach upset.

If Abby seems relatively bright and there is no more vomiting then I think it is fine to keep an eye on her overnight. If she vomits again in the morning though, or doesn't want to eat then it would be good to get her checked out.

And as always, I recommend to "follow your gut". If something is telling you that she is really sick then I would have her see her vet right away. The biggest concerns I have would be either pancreatitis or a foreign object in her stomach or intestines. Both of these would make her very sick though.

Well it is bedtime so she is quiet but earlier she was fine. I feed her twice a day and had forgotten to feed her tonight due to a migraine. When she started heaving I thought the acid was causing her to be sick on her stomach because it had been so long since I fed her - but I know she threw up every bit that I had fed her this morning.

I think she will be fine tonight but another thing that worries me and sometimes when she poohs - it looks twisted like a piece of yarn or rope. Does twisted pooh mean anything? She doesn't drink a lot so her pooh is usually dry also but I have started adding water to her chicken and rice to introduce more liquids.

I really appreciate your time and advice. She is a very special little girl.

You're very welcome!

Often we simply don't know the cause of vomiting. We could speculate all kinds of things, but if it is just a one-time event I wouldn't be too worried.

The "twisted poo" is not a sign of any medical condition that I am aware of! :)

Thank you again for your time! I really appreciate it and feel much better. Just seemed strange that her food had not been digested after 15 hours. If nothing changes, we hope to get a good night sleep. Hope you can too! Thank you again!

You're very welcome. I don't have an answer for you as to why the food was undigested. Again, I'd be worried if she continued to do this (as this could mean there was a foreign object in her stomach).

Thanks, I'm off to bed too!

Regular vs baby aspirin I have run out of baby aspirin so is it ok to give a dog just one low dose bayer... (21020 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (10920 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (18786 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (18854 views)

Cat meows constantly. Hello- Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble... (10432 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9810 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (14447 views)

Brown spot on lip of dog. Greetings, I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth. On the lower... (11342 views)

Small dog ate large dog Trifexis. I gave my 3 dogs trifexis yesterday. My larger dog take the dose for 40.1 to 60... (23612 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (11055 views)