Vomiting yorkie.

Breed: Yorkshire terrier
Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that tonight she vomited like 7-8 times within 10 minutes and it was undigested food. I only feed her chicken and rice, but the rice was still formed as was the chicken after 15 hours since feeding her. Should I worry about this? She had very hyperactive bowel sounds that I could hear without the use of a stethoscope. I happened to have some sacralfate (spelling?) for nausea here and I gave her 1/4 tablet and it seems to have calmed her stomach.

Sorry to hear that Abby may be not feeling well.

The answer really depends on how Abby is acting now. If she vomited several times in a row, but seems happy and is wanting to eat then I wouldn't be too worried.

But, if she seems like she is quieter than usual and has no appetite then there may e something going on.

The sucralfate is a good idea. It will help to ease any minor stomach upset.

If Abby seems relatively bright and there is no more vomiting then I think it is fine to keep an eye on her overnight. If she vomits again in the morning though, or doesn't want to eat then it would be good to get her checked out.

And as always, I recommend to "follow your gut". If something is telling you that she is really sick then I would have her see her vet right away. The biggest concerns I have would be either pancreatitis or a foreign object in her stomach or intestines. Both of these would make her very sick though.

Well it is bedtime so she is quiet but earlier she was fine. I feed her twice a day and had forgotten to feed her tonight due to a migraine. When she started heaving I thought the acid was causing her to be sick on her stomach because it had been so long since I fed her - but I know she threw up every bit that I had fed her this morning.

I think she will be fine tonight but another thing that worries me and sometimes when she poohs - it looks twisted like a piece of yarn or rope. Does twisted pooh mean anything? She doesn't drink a lot so her pooh is usually dry also but I have started adding water to her chicken and rice to introduce more liquids.

I really appreciate your time and advice. She is a very special little girl.

You're very welcome!

Often we simply don't know the cause of vomiting. We could speculate all kinds of things, but if it is just a one-time event I wouldn't be too worried.

The "twisted poo" is not a sign of any medical condition that I am aware of! :)

Thank you again for your time! I really appreciate it and feel much better. Just seemed strange that her food had not been digested after 15 hours. If nothing changes, we hope to get a good night sleep. Hope you can too! Thank you again!

You're very welcome. I don't have an answer for you as to why the food was undigested. Again, I'd be worried if she continued to do this (as this could mean there was a foreign object in her stomach).

Thanks, I'm off to bed too!

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (6962 views)

Rimadyl and kidney problems. On November 24 2010, Trixie got into the neighbors trash. She was vomiting and had... (18072 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (11647 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello, I have been grieving because a few days ago I had my cat euthanized. I am... (25198 views)

Do dogs sweat? Zoe, our chow mix, never pants. When our other dogs, after playtime, are laying... (6645 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (5889 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (81204 views)

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (17168 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (16493 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (5100 views)