Brown spot on lip of dog.

Breed: Long hair, no other
Greetings,

I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth.

On the lower left gum (I actually think it's the lip), there's a brown patch, nearly a centimeter long.

Where the healthy skin meets the brown skin, it digs a little into the lip. I haven't notice my cat having any problem eating, I still hear biting regularly and I'm not certain if there's an odour or not. I think it smells normal.

This patch is clearly out of place and it makes me think it's some kind of unhealthy growth but I have not had any success finding similar examples on the net.

I appreciate any insight you can give me, thank you!

It's always tough to answer skin questions over the internet but I can give you a few of my thoughts!

I am wondering if Whisper has something called an eosinophilic ulcer. We don't really know what causes these although we suspect it may be connected to allergy. Sometimes they will go away on their own, but often they will need one or more steroid injections given by the vet.

Some cats can get pigment changes that are normal but you shouldn't be seeing an erosion.

A wound of some sort is possible to.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea.

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (7603 views)

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (16332 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (7845 views)

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (9455 views)

Licking at lump on leg. Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I... (26968 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (17269 views)

Sick cat after teeth cleaning. she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from... (14831 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (21530 views)

Dog drinking less water. Over the past week, my dog has been drinking less water than usual. She usually... (15678 views)

Can a dog get lice? Can my dog get lice... (6234 views)