Brown spot on lip of dog.

Breed: Long hair, no other
Greetings,

I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth.

On the lower left gum (I actually think it's the lip), there's a brown patch, nearly a centimeter long.

Where the healthy skin meets the brown skin, it digs a little into the lip. I haven't notice my cat having any problem eating, I still hear biting regularly and I'm not certain if there's an odour or not. I think it smells normal.

This patch is clearly out of place and it makes me think it's some kind of unhealthy growth but I have not had any success finding similar examples on the net.

I appreciate any insight you can give me, thank you!

It's always tough to answer skin questions over the internet but I can give you a few of my thoughts!

I am wondering if Whisper has something called an eosinophilic ulcer. We don't really know what causes these although we suspect it may be connected to allergy. Sometimes they will go away on their own, but often they will need one or more steroid injections given by the vet.

Some cats can get pigment changes that are normal but you shouldn't be seeing an erosion.

A wound of some sort is possible to.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea.

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (73773 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (6198 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (8258 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (5390 views)

Drinking more and thirsty LILI, 7.5 YRS OLD, HAS STARTED WETTING HER BED AND SHE HAS AN UNENDING THIRST AND... (14410 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (14826 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (10821 views)

Testicles are swollen. Bingo was hit from behind by a car mon nite. He got several cuts on 1 side of face,... (16075 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (21289 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (8701 views)