Brown spot on lip of dog.

Breed: Long hair, no other
Greetings,

I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth.

On the lower left gum (I actually think it's the lip), there's a brown patch, nearly a centimeter long.

Where the healthy skin meets the brown skin, it digs a little into the lip. I haven't notice my cat having any problem eating, I still hear biting regularly and I'm not certain if there's an odour or not. I think it smells normal.

This patch is clearly out of place and it makes me think it's some kind of unhealthy growth but I have not had any success finding similar examples on the net.

I appreciate any insight you can give me, thank you!

It's always tough to answer skin questions over the internet but I can give you a few of my thoughts!

I am wondering if Whisper has something called an eosinophilic ulcer. We don't really know what causes these although we suspect it may be connected to allergy. Sometimes they will go away on their own, but often they will need one or more steroid injections given by the vet.

Some cats can get pigment changes that are normal but you shouldn't be seeing an erosion.

A wound of some sort is possible to.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea.

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (8045 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (8878 views)

Should we continue with antibiotics? Dear Dr. Marie, I'm writing about my cat who had a skin allergy which started... (8685 views)

Large mammary glands. Our dog is a black + tan kelpie and has just had her first litter of puppies, six in... (13147 views)

Pigmented spot on belly. Dr, Recall my 9 week old golden named Max... I noticed something today on his... (15655 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (7662 views)

Pit bull with rash. My dog has a bumpy red rash on her inner hip area,around her tail and her private... (10495 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (11237 views)

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (16683 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (10751 views)