Brown spot on lip of dog.

Breed: Long hair, no other
Greetings,

I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth.

On the lower left gum (I actually think it's the lip), there's a brown patch, nearly a centimeter long.

Where the healthy skin meets the brown skin, it digs a little into the lip. I haven't notice my cat having any problem eating, I still hear biting regularly and I'm not certain if there's an odour or not. I think it smells normal.

This patch is clearly out of place and it makes me think it's some kind of unhealthy growth but I have not had any success finding similar examples on the net.

I appreciate any insight you can give me, thank you!

It's always tough to answer skin questions over the internet but I can give you a few of my thoughts!

I am wondering if Whisper has something called an eosinophilic ulcer. We don't really know what causes these although we suspect it may be connected to allergy. Sometimes they will go away on their own, but often they will need one or more steroid injections given by the vet.

Some cats can get pigment changes that are normal but you shouldn't be seeing an erosion.

A wound of some sort is possible to.

It does sound like a vet visit is a good idea.

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (11691 views)

Wound on cat's leg. Sydney is an indoor/outdoor cat. Last week he got a cut on his front leg. I was... (21854 views)

Should I get a guinea pig? Dear Dr. Marie, I live in Seattle, Washington, USA. I'm interested in having two... (8906 views)

Arthritis in a Newfie. My ten year old Newfie mix is eating less and seems very stiff and sometimes... (10912 views)

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (8421 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (179134 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (6441 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (14197 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (7620 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (55016 views)