Bengal Cat health questions.

Breed: bengal
please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you Boss Bengal aka Debbie Ward
http://www.bengaltalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=37540#p37540

Hi there...I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through these problems! This is a tough one for me to answer for you. I'll do my best, however to give you some ideas.

It sounds like with your other cat your vets were worried about hemobartonella (also known as mycoplasma felis) which is a blood parasite that can cause anemia (low red cells). Sometimes this can be hard to pick up on blood tests. Often hemobartonella comes from having fleas, so if your cats have had fleas in the past then this can definitely be a consideration. Hemobartonella is not usually fatal unless it goes untreated long enough to cause severe anemia. So, if this is indeed hemobart then starting the treatment (enrofloxacin) now should really help.

Do you know if your cats have been tested for feline leukemia and FIV? These viruses can cause the blood value problems that you are seeing. Hopefully this is not the case as we do not have a cure for these viruses.

In certain areas of the world, ticks can carry diseases that can cause high white cells and low red cells. Most tick-borne diseases are treated with enrofloxacin.

Does your cat have any obvious ulcers on her tongue? There is a strain of calicivirus going around that is quite serious. Calici usually causes very obvious ulcers on the tongue/mouth.

I know it is expensive, but I would definitely urge you to get some bloodwork done for this kitty just to confirm that you are indeed seeing the same thing. It is possible that there is something else going on.

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (33292 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (15560 views)

Front leg and neck pain. Hi, I noticed last Thursday my dog being uncomfortable and by Saturday he started... (11721 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (31641 views)

Dentistry on older cat. My cat, who is a 19 year old spayed male we have had his entire life is fairly... (13500 views)

Dog seizured while boarding. Last March, I boarded Niko at the vet while on vacation. Until then he had been a... (12148 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (5198 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (9292 views)

Metacam safety questions. Please can you advise regarding the use of Metacam injection with other drugs? I am... (13598 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (11415 views)