Bengal Cat health questions.

Breed: bengal
please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you Boss Bengal aka Debbie Ward
http://www.bengaltalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=37540#p37540

Hi there...I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through these problems! This is a tough one for me to answer for you. I'll do my best, however to give you some ideas.

It sounds like with your other cat your vets were worried about hemobartonella (also known as mycoplasma felis) which is a blood parasite that can cause anemia (low red cells). Sometimes this can be hard to pick up on blood tests. Often hemobartonella comes from having fleas, so if your cats have had fleas in the past then this can definitely be a consideration. Hemobartonella is not usually fatal unless it goes untreated long enough to cause severe anemia. So, if this is indeed hemobart then starting the treatment (enrofloxacin) now should really help.

Do you know if your cats have been tested for feline leukemia and FIV? These viruses can cause the blood value problems that you are seeing. Hopefully this is not the case as we do not have a cure for these viruses.

In certain areas of the world, ticks can carry diseases that can cause high white cells and low red cells. Most tick-borne diseases are treated with enrofloxacin.

Does your cat have any obvious ulcers on her tongue? There is a strain of calicivirus going around that is quite serious. Calici usually causes very obvious ulcers on the tongue/mouth.

I know it is expensive, but I would definitely urge you to get some bloodwork done for this kitty just to confirm that you are indeed seeing the same thing. It is possible that there is something else going on.

Peeing in house. We live in a 2 story 5 bedroom house. I have a male 14 year old pure bred Ragdoll... (9081 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (19984 views)

Cortisone vs. anti-inflammatory. What is more harmful to the liver, anti-inflammatory medication or Cortisone... (8375 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (36311 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (12963 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (6108 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (25410 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (32687 views)

Large abdomen in cat. We have an 18+ year old cat who is thin and bony, but has a 20" diameter potbelly... (12455 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (6023 views)