Bengal Cat health questions.

Breed: bengal
please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you Boss Bengal aka Debbie Ward
http://www.bengaltalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=37540#p37540

Hi there...I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through these problems! This is a tough one for me to answer for you. I'll do my best, however to give you some ideas.

It sounds like with your other cat your vets were worried about hemobartonella (also known as mycoplasma felis) which is a blood parasite that can cause anemia (low red cells). Sometimes this can be hard to pick up on blood tests. Often hemobartonella comes from having fleas, so if your cats have had fleas in the past then this can definitely be a consideration. Hemobartonella is not usually fatal unless it goes untreated long enough to cause severe anemia. So, if this is indeed hemobart then starting the treatment (enrofloxacin) now should really help.

Do you know if your cats have been tested for feline leukemia and FIV? These viruses can cause the blood value problems that you are seeing. Hopefully this is not the case as we do not have a cure for these viruses.

In certain areas of the world, ticks can carry diseases that can cause high white cells and low red cells. Most tick-borne diseases are treated with enrofloxacin.

Does your cat have any obvious ulcers on her tongue? There is a strain of calicivirus going around that is quite serious. Calici usually causes very obvious ulcers on the tongue/mouth.

I know it is expensive, but I would definitely urge you to get some bloodwork done for this kitty just to confirm that you are indeed seeing the same thing. It is possible that there is something else going on.

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (9241 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (36753 views)

Overdose of Xanax. Can forty .5 mg pills of Alprazolam Kill a 6 pound chihuahua? came home and found my... (77836 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (10145 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (12795 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (10457 views)

Anxious cat - medicine? Hello, My Cat Guen shows MANY attention seeking behaviors. She chews chords,... (20030 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (8081 views)

My dog is deaf. Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In... (6380 views)

Benadryl for swollen snout? my dogs face around the snout has become swollen not sure why but im guessing its... (20203 views)