Bengal Cat health questions.

Breed: bengal
please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you Boss Bengal aka Debbie Ward
http://www.bengaltalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=37540#p37540

Hi there...I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through these problems! This is a tough one for me to answer for you. I'll do my best, however to give you some ideas.

It sounds like with your other cat your vets were worried about hemobartonella (also known as mycoplasma felis) which is a blood parasite that can cause anemia (low red cells). Sometimes this can be hard to pick up on blood tests. Often hemobartonella comes from having fleas, so if your cats have had fleas in the past then this can definitely be a consideration. Hemobartonella is not usually fatal unless it goes untreated long enough to cause severe anemia. So, if this is indeed hemobart then starting the treatment (enrofloxacin) now should really help.

Do you know if your cats have been tested for feline leukemia and FIV? These viruses can cause the blood value problems that you are seeing. Hopefully this is not the case as we do not have a cure for these viruses.

In certain areas of the world, ticks can carry diseases that can cause high white cells and low red cells. Most tick-borne diseases are treated with enrofloxacin.

Does your cat have any obvious ulcers on her tongue? There is a strain of calicivirus going around that is quite serious. Calici usually causes very obvious ulcers on the tongue/mouth.

I know it is expensive, but I would definitely urge you to get some bloodwork done for this kitty just to confirm that you are indeed seeing the same thing. It is possible that there is something else going on.

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (4967 views)

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (74011 views)

Previous leg injury. Dear Dr Marie, Recently I've taken in a rescued Greyhound. I immediately noticed,... (14424 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (15993 views)

Light colored diarrhea. Yesterday my husband and I purchased our new family addition and his brother. Last... (30390 views)

Stop puppy from biting. How can I stop my puppy from biting me? I don't want to give her up but she is... (8552 views)

Muscle atrophy in a cat. Its been two weeks since my 13 yr old cat, Sweety, has been unable to walk and the 4... (23850 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (6865 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (5223 views)

lump on spay incision Hello Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful... (26758 views)