Wound on ear won't heal.

Breed: Boxer
My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she keeps reopening the wound by scratching it again, crying whenever she scratches it. How do I stop her from doing this so the wound can heal?

Ear wounds can be VERY difficult to get to heal up properly. There is so much blood supply that they start to bleed very easily with even a little trauma.

The first thing I would suggest is to have a vet take a look at Layla's ear. If the wound is infected then she will need antibiotics in order to get it to heal.

Your vet may suggest an elizabethan collar (the "satellite dish" type of collars) to put on her until it heals.

Sometimes what we do with ear wounds is to bandage the ear right to her head until it is healed. There is a real art to doing this however and I would advise that you have your vet do this instead of attempting it at home.

Hope she is better soon!

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (9935 views)

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (4640 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (5004 views)

Can a feral cat be tamed? Dr. Marie - a few months ago I came across a feral cat who is now named Gypsy. I... (7775 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (6975 views)

Fluid filled lumps on ear. My dog has many lumps on her ears that feel like they are fluid filled and sensitive... (10459 views)

Older cat not eating. Hi.I have had my cat for approximately. She has been sick and has lost a lot of... (24425 views)

13 year old cat losing weight. I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had... (9338 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8575 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (11492 views)