Wound on ear won't heal.

Breed: Boxer
My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she keeps reopening the wound by scratching it again, crying whenever she scratches it. How do I stop her from doing this so the wound can heal?

Ear wounds can be VERY difficult to get to heal up properly. There is so much blood supply that they start to bleed very easily with even a little trauma.

The first thing I would suggest is to have a vet take a look at Layla's ear. If the wound is infected then she will need antibiotics in order to get it to heal.

Your vet may suggest an elizabethan collar (the "satellite dish" type of collars) to put on her until it heals.

Sometimes what we do with ear wounds is to bandage the ear right to her head until it is healed. There is a real art to doing this however and I would advise that you have your vet do this instead of attempting it at home.

Hope she is better soon!

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (11449 views)

Rest for cruciate tears. Is there any unequivical, clinical evidence of a positive effect of... (12276 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (6045 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (9504 views)

Guinea pig with mammary tumor. what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!... (14091 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (10501 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (20586 views)

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (17918 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (18442 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (19070 views)