Strong smelling urine.

Breed: unsure
i have a male cat an recently his urine has become very strong, he hasnt been done is there a problem?

It sounds like DJ is starting to come into maturity. A male cat will hit puberty any time after 6 months of age. When this happens you will start to notice a very strong smell to the urine.

The only cure for this is to have him neutered.

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (8905 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (8828 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (13549 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (8574 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (19624 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (10876 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (19895 views)

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (7019 views)

Large lump on dog's side. A lump (about the size of a quarter) showed up suddenly on his side, about an inch... (21889 views)

Infected spay incision? Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Twiggy had spay surgery 2 days ago. She eats and sleeps... (16441 views)