Can cats transmit viruses to people

Breed: orange tabby
hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches .. does it cause any disease please inform.. waiting for ur answer

Hi and thanks for your question.

The only virus that a kitten could transmit to you is rabies, but this would be quite unlikely. It would be transmitted by a bite, but your kitten would have to have been bitten by a rabid animal first.

However, the biggest concern is for infection. Cats can carry quite nasty bacteria on their claws and teeth. A cat bite or scratch can become seriously infected. So, if you feel that one of your wounds is not healing well then I would suggest you see the doctor right away.

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (12417 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (107810 views)

Rapid breathing while sleeping. I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009. I notice when she's sleeping... (15258 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (17316 views)

Itchy red welts on belly. Hi. I have a 4 month old 25lb American Pit Bull puppy name Vino. For the last past... (22828 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (6940 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (166562 views)

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (18569 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (22890 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (14039 views)