Can cats transmit viruses to people

Breed: orange tabby
hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches .. does it cause any disease please inform.. waiting for ur answer

Hi and thanks for your question.

The only virus that a kitten could transmit to you is rabies, but this would be quite unlikely. It would be transmitted by a bite, but your kitten would have to have been bitten by a rabid animal first.

However, the biggest concern is for infection. Cats can carry quite nasty bacteria on their claws and teeth. A cat bite or scratch can become seriously infected. So, if you feel that one of your wounds is not healing well then I would suggest you see the doctor right away.

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (7155 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (24758 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (9572 views)

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (18907 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (4583 views)

Do dogs get chicken pox? Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and... (48450 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (5306 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (17158 views)

IVDD in Basset Hound? Frank has had a very hard stomach for 2.5 days now and he is not drinking much... (38609 views)

Trifexis overdose? I think my Beagle gulped down my Coonhound's Trifexis dose. The Beage just had his... (27069 views)