Can cats transmit viruses to people

Breed: orange tabby
hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches .. does it cause any disease please inform.. waiting for ur answer

Hi and thanks for your question.

The only virus that a kitten could transmit to you is rabies, but this would be quite unlikely. It would be transmitted by a bite, but your kitten would have to have been bitten by a rabid animal first.

However, the biggest concern is for infection. Cats can carry quite nasty bacteria on their claws and teeth. A cat bite or scratch can become seriously infected. So, if you feel that one of your wounds is not healing well then I would suggest you see the doctor right away.

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (43179 views)

Cat flung himself around. Hello about 2 weeks ago my 12 year old cat was sleeping soundly when he woke up... (5553 views)

FIV positive and diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie - I took in a semi feral cat about six weeks ago. He is FIV+. He has... (14649 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (12760 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (67919 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (7072 views)

Pelvis fracture. Dear Dr Marie, My dog currently has a broken pelvis that is not mending. It... (16739 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (9263 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (5096 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (34056 views)