Can cats transmit viruses to people

Breed: orange tabby
hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches .. does it cause any disease please inform.. waiting for ur answer

Hi and thanks for your question.

The only virus that a kitten could transmit to you is rabies, but this would be quite unlikely. It would be transmitted by a bite, but your kitten would have to have been bitten by a rabid animal first.

However, the biggest concern is for infection. Cats can carry quite nasty bacteria on their claws and teeth. A cat bite or scratch can become seriously infected. So, if you feel that one of your wounds is not healing well then I would suggest you see the doctor right away.

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (8851 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (6753 views)

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (11142 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (8098 views)

Dog seizured while boarding. Last March, I boarded Niko at the vet while on vacation. Until then he had been a... (13346 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (57443 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (17299 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (8201 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My dog has eaten very little the last week and has thrown up almost every time. He... (10690 views)

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (10375 views)