Can cats transmit viruses to people

Breed: orange tabby
hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches .. does it cause any disease please inform.. waiting for ur answer

Hi and thanks for your question.

The only virus that a kitten could transmit to you is rabies, but this would be quite unlikely. It would be transmitted by a bite, but your kitten would have to have been bitten by a rabid animal first.

However, the biggest concern is for infection. Cats can carry quite nasty bacteria on their claws and teeth. A cat bite or scratch can become seriously infected. So, if you feel that one of your wounds is not healing well then I would suggest you see the doctor right away.

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (14883 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (16847 views)

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (11809 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (76965 views)

Cat losing weight. I have had my 10 year-old cat on Tapazole for about a year, but in the past couple... (9063 views)

Bladder cancer. Our almost 10 year old kitty has had three recurrent bouts of uti or cystitis in the... (6365 views)

Trifexis overdose. My dog ate 4 tablets of Trifexis today. He seems a little quieter than usual. ... (65190 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (30795 views)

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (8373 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (46785 views)