Can cats transmit viruses to people

Breed: orange tabby
hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches .. does it cause any disease please inform.. waiting for ur answer

Hi and thanks for your question.

The only virus that a kitten could transmit to you is rabies, but this would be quite unlikely. It would be transmitted by a bite, but your kitten would have to have been bitten by a rabid animal first.

However, the biggest concern is for infection. Cats can carry quite nasty bacteria on their claws and teeth. A cat bite or scratch can become seriously infected. So, if you feel that one of your wounds is not healing well then I would suggest you see the doctor right away.

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (7440 views)

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (24560 views)

Roundworm in cats. my kitten has round worm and i can't afford a trip to the vet can you please offer... (5156 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (8193 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (21324 views)

Vaginal bleeding. Hi, my little desexed jack russell is bleeding slightly from her vagina when she... (91721 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (16116 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (5006 views)

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (8260 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (7426 views)