Growth near bum of cat.

Breed: Shorthair  tiger
Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After looking closer it looks like his testical is out of the sack, it looks like a tumor of some kind. This cat was a stray and wouldn't leave he lives outside and I feed him. What could this be and why would this happen all of a sudden? Thank you.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Cutiepie is having this problem.

This is a hard question to answer without seeing him, but I'll give you a few ideas.

I'm wondering if what you are seeing is some type of a wound or abscess. If this is the case then antibiotics are likely necessary. Unfortunately creams and over the counter products don't tend to work well and he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It is possible that his testicle is sticking out. It is quite rare to see a testicular tumor especially on a young cat. I would be more concerned about a wound on the scrotum that has caused it to open up.

It's also possible that he has an abscess in his anal sac. This is a little sac that sits just below the anus on either side. Sometimes these get better on their own but usually they need antibiotics too.

I wish I could advise you on something you could do at home but it really does sound like he needs to see a vet.

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (9867 views)

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (7385 views)

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (24615 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (6619 views)

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (6199 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (43823 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (25557 views)

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (13250 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (13761 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (49541 views)