Growth near bum of cat.

Breed: Shorthair  tiger
Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After looking closer it looks like his testical is out of the sack, it looks like a tumor of some kind. This cat was a stray and wouldn't leave he lives outside and I feed him. What could this be and why would this happen all of a sudden? Thank you.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Cutiepie is having this problem.

This is a hard question to answer without seeing him, but I'll give you a few ideas.

I'm wondering if what you are seeing is some type of a wound or abscess. If this is the case then antibiotics are likely necessary. Unfortunately creams and over the counter products don't tend to work well and he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It is possible that his testicle is sticking out. It is quite rare to see a testicular tumor especially on a young cat. I would be more concerned about a wound on the scrotum that has caused it to open up.

It's also possible that he has an abscess in his anal sac. This is a little sac that sits just below the anus on either side. Sometimes these get better on their own but usually they need antibiotics too.

I wish I could advise you on something you could do at home but it really does sound like he needs to see a vet.

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (11001 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (9615 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (9749 views)

Sterile nodular panniculitis? Hi, My dog has a patch of nodules on his neck. I took him to our normal vet five... (36529 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (16590 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (28116 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (5627 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (37227 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (25957 views)

Why did my cat die? Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are probably overwhelmed but I pray you give me some piece... (14550 views)