Growth near bum of cat.

Breed: Shorthair  tiger
Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After looking closer it looks like his testical is out of the sack, it looks like a tumor of some kind. This cat was a stray and wouldn't leave he lives outside and I feed him. What could this be and why would this happen all of a sudden? Thank you.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Cutiepie is having this problem.

This is a hard question to answer without seeing him, but I'll give you a few ideas.

I'm wondering if what you are seeing is some type of a wound or abscess. If this is the case then antibiotics are likely necessary. Unfortunately creams and over the counter products don't tend to work well and he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It is possible that his testicle is sticking out. It is quite rare to see a testicular tumor especially on a young cat. I would be more concerned about a wound on the scrotum that has caused it to open up.

It's also possible that he has an abscess in his anal sac. This is a little sac that sits just below the anus on either side. Sometimes these get better on their own but usually they need antibiotics too.

I wish I could advise you on something you could do at home but it really does sound like he needs to see a vet.

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (21748 views)

White bumps on anus. Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am... (19245 views)

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (9421 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (11753 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (5747 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (5495 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (12768 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (21299 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (18351 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (14066 views)