Growth near bum of cat.

Breed: Shorthair  tiger
Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After looking closer it looks like his testical is out of the sack, it looks like a tumor of some kind. This cat was a stray and wouldn't leave he lives outside and I feed him. What could this be and why would this happen all of a sudden? Thank you.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Cutiepie is having this problem.

This is a hard question to answer without seeing him, but I'll give you a few ideas.

I'm wondering if what you are seeing is some type of a wound or abscess. If this is the case then antibiotics are likely necessary. Unfortunately creams and over the counter products don't tend to work well and he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It is possible that his testicle is sticking out. It is quite rare to see a testicular tumor especially on a young cat. I would be more concerned about a wound on the scrotum that has caused it to open up.

It's also possible that he has an abscess in his anal sac. This is a little sac that sits just below the anus on either side. Sometimes these get better on their own but usually they need antibiotics too.

I wish I could advise you on something you could do at home but it really does sound like he needs to see a vet.

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (23178 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (9532 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (8400 views)

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (7314 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (11078 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (18946 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (10406 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (8128 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (14988 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (11680 views)