Growth near bum of cat.

Breed: Shorthair  tiger
Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After looking closer it looks like his testical is out of the sack, it looks like a tumor of some kind. This cat was a stray and wouldn't leave he lives outside and I feed him. What could this be and why would this happen all of a sudden? Thank you.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Cutiepie is having this problem.

This is a hard question to answer without seeing him, but I'll give you a few ideas.

I'm wondering if what you are seeing is some type of a wound or abscess. If this is the case then antibiotics are likely necessary. Unfortunately creams and over the counter products don't tend to work well and he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It is possible that his testicle is sticking out. It is quite rare to see a testicular tumor especially on a young cat. I would be more concerned about a wound on the scrotum that has caused it to open up.

It's also possible that he has an abscess in his anal sac. This is a little sac that sits just below the anus on either side. Sometimes these get better on their own but usually they need antibiotics too.

I wish I could advise you on something you could do at home but it really does sound like he needs to see a vet.

Puffy cat ear. Dr. Marie, my cat Dexter has developed some type of a bump on his right ear. It's... (27274 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (33530 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (9970 views)

Dog with swollen shoulder. There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if... (18700 views)

Front leg and neck pain. Hi, I noticed last Thursday my dog being uncomfortable and by Saturday he started... (12554 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (62134 views)

Floppy ear in German Shepherd. Hello my name is nick and i have a purebred west german shepherd from working lines.... (25413 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (15570 views)

Lethargic and following me around. Hi, My dog Harley is 3 yrs old. Starting 2 days ago he hasn't been acting like... (13158 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (40204 views)