Growth near bum of cat.

Breed: Shorthair  tiger
Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After looking closer it looks like his testical is out of the sack, it looks like a tumor of some kind. This cat was a stray and wouldn't leave he lives outside and I feed him. What could this be and why would this happen all of a sudden? Thank you.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Cutiepie is having this problem.

This is a hard question to answer without seeing him, but I'll give you a few ideas.

I'm wondering if what you are seeing is some type of a wound or abscess. If this is the case then antibiotics are likely necessary. Unfortunately creams and over the counter products don't tend to work well and he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It is possible that his testicle is sticking out. It is quite rare to see a testicular tumor especially on a young cat. I would be more concerned about a wound on the scrotum that has caused it to open up.

It's also possible that he has an abscess in his anal sac. This is a little sac that sits just below the anus on either side. Sometimes these get better on their own but usually they need antibiotics too.

I wish I could advise you on something you could do at home but it really does sound like he needs to see a vet.

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (12877 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (17607 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (40624 views)

Bump on dog's ear. Hi Dr. Marie My dog Syrous is 22 months old and is a Dogue de Bordeaux. 2... (60596 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (11872 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (3864 views)

Small dog ate large dog Trifexis. I gave my 3 dogs trifexis yesterday. My larger dog take the dose for 40.1 to 60... (20972 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (16115 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (21328 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (43837 views)