Cat losing weight and vomiting.

Breed: Siamese
Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight, throwing up and his stomach is always making gurgling/growling noises. Everyone tells me that he's just overeating and making himself sick, but I'm starting to worry because it seems to be more frequent now.

I always get concerned when a cat is losing weight. There are a few reasons for a cat to be vomiting and losing weight:

• Hyperthyroidism

• Kidney problems

• Liver problems

• Inflammatory Bowel Disease

• Intestinal Lymphoma

There are other possible diseases as well.

I would highly recommend you have your vet examine him and do some bloodwork. Many of these problems are treatable.

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (86980 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (8011 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (4557 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (13751 views)

Peeing in the house. I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions(... (8675 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (12454 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (5862 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (8211 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (9329 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (10337 views)