Sneezing and runny eyes.

Breed:
My cat seems to be ill.
It's been a few days that starts sneezing.
Now its sneezing and blood getting out from its nose.
Also there is something wrong with its eyes (running eyes)

This certainly sounds like an upper respiratory virus. This type of virus is spread through the air, so Patsala doesn't have to have had direct contact with another cat to get it. Usually this is the type of thing that we vaccinate against and vaccines usually prevent this, but I have still seen some vaccinated cats get sick.

If there is just some mild sneezing and runny eyes I don't usually get too concerned. But, sneezing blood sounds more severe so I think a vet visit is a good idea.

I also recommend a vet visit if there is a green or yellow discharge from the eyes or nose or if the cat's appetite is reduced.

It's important not to wait too long. If a cat does not eat it can cause them to get very sick.

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (11208 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (21034 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie. We just got a puppy and she has some diarrhea. We got her on Saturday... (30508 views)

Boxer with distended stomach and pale gums ******Urgent Please******CAN NOT AFFORD UPGRADE [Editor's Note: Questions are... (20559 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (6453 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (34728 views)

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (24985 views)

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (68978 views)

Time for euthanasia? My dog Juliet is 12 1/2 years old. She is a black lab with Addison's disease which... (16077 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (17325 views)