Sneezing and runny eyes.

Breed:
My cat seems to be ill.
It's been a few days that starts sneezing.
Now its sneezing and blood getting out from its nose.
Also there is something wrong with its eyes (running eyes)

This certainly sounds like an upper respiratory virus. This type of virus is spread through the air, so Patsala doesn't have to have had direct contact with another cat to get it. Usually this is the type of thing that we vaccinate against and vaccines usually prevent this, but I have still seen some vaccinated cats get sick.

If there is just some mild sneezing and runny eyes I don't usually get too concerned. But, sneezing blood sounds more severe so I think a vet visit is a good idea.

I also recommend a vet visit if there is a green or yellow discharge from the eyes or nose or if the cat's appetite is reduced.

It's important not to wait too long. If a cat does not eat it can cause them to get very sick.

IVDD in Basset Hound? Frank has had a very hard stomach for 2.5 days now and he is not drinking much... (38937 views)

Cat with megacolon We have a cat, Poofter, who has mega-colon. The vet prescribed Hills Prescription... (11515 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (8444 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (5874 views)

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (5328 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (6578 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (12461 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (21030 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (10103 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (52451 views)