Sneezing and runny eyes.

Breed:
My cat seems to be ill.
It's been a few days that starts sneezing.
Now its sneezing and blood getting out from its nose.
Also there is something wrong with its eyes (running eyes)

This certainly sounds like an upper respiratory virus. This type of virus is spread through the air, so Patsala doesn't have to have had direct contact with another cat to get it. Usually this is the type of thing that we vaccinate against and vaccines usually prevent this, but I have still seen some vaccinated cats get sick.

If there is just some mild sneezing and runny eyes I don't usually get too concerned. But, sneezing blood sounds more severe so I think a vet visit is a good idea.

I also recommend a vet visit if there is a green or yellow discharge from the eyes or nose or if the cat's appetite is reduced.

It's important not to wait too long. If a cat does not eat it can cause them to get very sick.

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (29782 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (7929 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (20954 views)

Mass in cat's chest? Hello, My cat, a sterilized indoor-living Japanese Bobtail, is now 4 years old... (19511 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (13620 views)

Yellow vaginal discharge. my female cat has yellow vaginal discharge what does this mean? is it a sign of... (12772 views)

Does parvo affect sperm? My dog, Moose, had Parvo Virus when he was eight months old. Yes, Moose got Parvo... (9574 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (35962 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (10886 views)

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (8535 views)