Rabies from my dog?

Breed: cocker spaniel
my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned it with antiseptic ... is there any risk of rabies

Rabies has to be spread from the saliva of one animal to another. So, in order for your dog to have rabies he would have to have been bitten by an infected animal. In most cases, if an animal has been infected with rabies, they have severe signs within a few days (usually neurological signs) and are dead within 10 days.

If your dog is otherwise healthy, then it is unlikely that you have contracted rabies.

However, if you live in an area that sees a lot of rabies and if you think your dog could possibly have been bitten by another dog or wildlife, then it is a good idea to see your doctor as a precaution.

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (27564 views)

Should tumor be removed? Hello there. My dog has a hard lump on his hind leg, which is about the size of a... (7167 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (24427 views)

Rapid wheezing in a cat. My family adopted a cat from the humane society almost a year ago. When we got her... (11940 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (10749 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (9745 views)

Golden Retriever Losing Weight. Hi my dog is 13 years old ,and tough he acts fine ,and goes walking everyday,he has... (17672 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (47395 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (25280 views)

Dentistry on older cat. My cat, who is a 19 year old spayed male we have had his entire life is fairly... (16651 views)