Rabies from my dog?

Breed: cocker spaniel
my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned it with antiseptic ... is there any risk of rabies

Rabies has to be spread from the saliva of one animal to another. So, in order for your dog to have rabies he would have to have been bitten by an infected animal. In most cases, if an animal has been infected with rabies, they have severe signs within a few days (usually neurological signs) and are dead within 10 days.

If your dog is otherwise healthy, then it is unlikely that you have contracted rabies.

However, if you live in an area that sees a lot of rabies and if you think your dog could possibly have been bitten by another dog or wildlife, then it is a good idea to see your doctor as a precaution.

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (5311 views)

Is diaphragmatic hernia causing problems? My 15 year old doggie, Pepper has been diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia & the... (6044 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (12026 views)

Cat drinks from fish bowl. Hi! My cat isn't(as far as I can tell) sick at all, but rather I'm wondering... (44866 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (20850 views)

Lab not eating. Dakota, my lab, has stopped eating over the last couple of weeks and is losing... (11565 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (66887 views)

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (6671 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (25529 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (9229 views)