Rabies from my dog?

Breed: cocker spaniel
my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned it with antiseptic ... is there any risk of rabies

Rabies has to be spread from the saliva of one animal to another. So, in order for your dog to have rabies he would have to have been bitten by an infected animal. In most cases, if an animal has been infected with rabies, they have severe signs within a few days (usually neurological signs) and are dead within 10 days.

If your dog is otherwise healthy, then it is unlikely that you have contracted rabies.

However, if you live in an area that sees a lot of rabies and if you think your dog could possibly have been bitten by another dog or wildlife, then it is a good idea to see your doctor as a precaution.

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (12052 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (8057 views)

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (14503 views)

Do cats get chicken pox? it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox... (26982 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (7244 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (9198 views)

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (6970 views)

Cat losing weight. I have had my 10 year-old cat on Tapazole for about a year, but in the past couple... (8575 views)

Problems after ear cleaning. I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he... (10889 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (28958 views)