Rabies from my dog?

Breed: cocker spaniel
my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned it with antiseptic ... is there any risk of rabies

Rabies has to be spread from the saliva of one animal to another. So, in order for your dog to have rabies he would have to have been bitten by an infected animal. In most cases, if an animal has been infected with rabies, they have severe signs within a few days (usually neurological signs) and are dead within 10 days.

If your dog is otherwise healthy, then it is unlikely that you have contracted rabies.

However, if you live in an area that sees a lot of rabies and if you think your dog could possibly have been bitten by another dog or wildlife, then it is a good idea to see your doctor as a precaution.

Swollen foot because of bandage. Hi- My dog recently cut himself and had to get 4 stitches. The day he was to get... (111398 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (12835 views)

Testicles are swollen. Bingo was hit from behind by a car mon nite. He got several cuts on 1 side of face,... (20972 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (29392 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (15279 views)

Surgery on 14 year old dog. Chyna has in the past few months developed a mass or cluster of lumps that are dark... (15478 views)

Pregnant dog has tick disease. my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her... (14103 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (7434 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (16076 views)

Runny eyes in a persian. Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes... (22270 views)