Rabies from my dog?

Breed: cocker spaniel
my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned it with antiseptic ... is there any risk of rabies

Rabies has to be spread from the saliva of one animal to another. So, in order for your dog to have rabies he would have to have been bitten by an infected animal. In most cases, if an animal has been infected with rabies, they have severe signs within a few days (usually neurological signs) and are dead within 10 days.

If your dog is otherwise healthy, then it is unlikely that you have contracted rabies.

However, if you live in an area that sees a lot of rabies and if you think your dog could possibly have been bitten by another dog or wildlife, then it is a good idea to see your doctor as a precaution.

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (11327 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (15914 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (8124 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (21155 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (53885 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (86141 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (11044 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (61606 views)

Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi? Can I give my dog Advantage Multi plus the Frontline Plus. I know the Advantage... (18785 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis? Repeat Customer: Hi Dr, I spoke to you last Friday (through email) week... (17228 views)