Rabies from my dog?

Breed: cocker spaniel
my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned it with antiseptic ... is there any risk of rabies

Rabies has to be spread from the saliva of one animal to another. So, in order for your dog to have rabies he would have to have been bitten by an infected animal. In most cases, if an animal has been infected with rabies, they have severe signs within a few days (usually neurological signs) and are dead within 10 days.

If your dog is otherwise healthy, then it is unlikely that you have contracted rabies.

However, if you live in an area that sees a lot of rabies and if you think your dog could possibly have been bitten by another dog or wildlife, then it is a good idea to see your doctor as a precaution.

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (8085 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (7699 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (10896 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (17269 views)

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (36573 views)

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (26838 views)

Hair loss and hyperthyroidism. Dear Dr. Marie, I have had my cat Cody for five years. He was a stray cat who was... (21577 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (7730 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (23944 views)

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (36608 views)