Rabies from my dog?

Breed: cocker spaniel
my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned it with antiseptic ... is there any risk of rabies

Rabies has to be spread from the saliva of one animal to another. So, in order for your dog to have rabies he would have to have been bitten by an infected animal. In most cases, if an animal has been infected with rabies, they have severe signs within a few days (usually neurological signs) and are dead within 10 days.

If your dog is otherwise healthy, then it is unlikely that you have contracted rabies.

However, if you live in an area that sees a lot of rabies and if you think your dog could possibly have been bitten by another dog or wildlife, then it is a good idea to see your doctor as a precaution.

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (11550 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (4493 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (11101 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (8029 views)

Can I give my dog aspirin? Can I give her a low dose(81mg) aspirin to help with I think a pulled muscle? It... (27361 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (12123 views)

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (8174 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (25309 views)

Starting pay of a vet. I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the... (5445 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (42322 views)