Rabies from my dog?

Breed: cocker spaniel
my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned it with antiseptic ... is there any risk of rabies

Rabies has to be spread from the saliva of one animal to another. So, in order for your dog to have rabies he would have to have been bitten by an infected animal. In most cases, if an animal has been infected with rabies, they have severe signs within a few days (usually neurological signs) and are dead within 10 days.

If your dog is otherwise healthy, then it is unlikely that you have contracted rabies.

However, if you live in an area that sees a lot of rabies and if you think your dog could possibly have been bitten by another dog or wildlife, then it is a good idea to see your doctor as a precaution.

Vomiting diabetic cat. Hello Dr. We have a 17yr old male diabetic cat who throws up a nasty brown liquid... (32062 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (27122 views)

Heartworm treatment. Sam was a rescue, we believe that he is a little over two years old and a pit / lab... (6641 views)

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (6681 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (9962 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (22891 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (14214 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (6057 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (12232 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (8157 views)