Rabies from my dog?

Breed: cocker spaniel
my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned it with antiseptic ... is there any risk of rabies

Rabies has to be spread from the saliva of one animal to another. So, in order for your dog to have rabies he would have to have been bitten by an infected animal. In most cases, if an animal has been infected with rabies, they have severe signs within a few days (usually neurological signs) and are dead within 10 days.

If your dog is otherwise healthy, then it is unlikely that you have contracted rabies.

However, if you live in an area that sees a lot of rabies and if you think your dog could possibly have been bitten by another dog or wildlife, then it is a good idea to see your doctor as a precaution.

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (12346 views)

Possible seizures? Our cat, Teddy, started having episodes of rigid front legs, swaying, and staggering... (6911 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (7457 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (28596 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (6187 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (4822 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (17926 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (28642 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (8810 views)

Increased thirst and urination. I have an 11 year old spayed female toy poodle. She has been drinking a lot of water... (22173 views)