Kitten diarrhea

Breed: oreo
the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside which we caught. We gave her a dewormer and since then she has had diarea for over a wk she is very active but I worry she always has a loose stool what should I give her. We can't aford to to take her to the vet. Thank you

This is a tough one to answer because it does sound like your kitten should have a vet visit.

Little ones don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration so if she has had diarrhea for a while she can get quite sick.

Your vet will want to see a stool sample and will test for certain types of parasites that aren't killed by common dewormers such as giardia or coccidia.

They will likely prescribe medication to help with the diarrhea as well.

It is also possible that your kitten has a virus such as panleukopenia which can be serious.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that I can recommend for Kitty. I would advise to avoid giving any milk or any treats and to avoid changing her food. But, if she has diarrhea for more than 48 hours or if she does not want to eat then she does need to see the vet.

Urinating outside of box. Hi Marie, We spoke briefly this morning about my cat. As I said this morning,... (8860 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (10788 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (8239 views)

Peeing outside of box. My cat is spayed female,indoor/outdoor as she wishes. She will defecate in litter... (7249 views)

Vomiting pregnant cat. hello dr.vet my cat was with a male 2 weeks ago yesterday she started to vomit 5... (6536 views)

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (32803 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (14918 views)

Lance abscess? My dog was was in a fight with my roomates dog. He healed up and was himself a few... (11931 views)

New hamster tips. Ok well im getting a hamster tomorrow and i had one a few years ago. a few years ago... (8619 views)

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (28316 views)