Kitten diarrhea

Breed: oreo
the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside which we caught. We gave her a dewormer and since then she has had diarea for over a wk she is very active but I worry she always has a loose stool what should I give her. We can't aford to to take her to the vet. Thank you

This is a tough one to answer because it does sound like your kitten should have a vet visit.

Little ones don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration so if she has had diarrhea for a while she can get quite sick.

Your vet will want to see a stool sample and will test for certain types of parasites that aren't killed by common dewormers such as giardia or coccidia.

They will likely prescribe medication to help with the diarrhea as well.

It is also possible that your kitten has a virus such as panleukopenia which can be serious.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that I can recommend for Kitty. I would advise to avoid giving any milk or any treats and to avoid changing her food. But, if she has diarrhea for more than 48 hours or if she does not want to eat then she does need to see the vet.

Cat has scabs and dry skin. Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put... (12440 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (14282 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (27225 views)

Trifexis overdose. My dog ate 4 tablets of Trifexis today. He seems a little quieter than usual. ... (64589 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (17087 views)

Do dogs sweat? Zoe, our chow mix, never pants. When our other dogs, after playtime, are laying... (7779 views)

Lethargic dog. The last 3 days, Duke has become very lethargic, laying around and just sleeping. ... (29937 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (33442 views)

Uncomfortable cocker spaniel My 7 1/2 year old cocker spaniel came in from a walk last night with a stomach that... (41245 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (128892 views)