Kitten diarrhea

Breed: oreo
the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside which we caught. We gave her a dewormer and since then she has had diarea for over a wk she is very active but I worry she always has a loose stool what should I give her. We can't aford to to take her to the vet. Thank you

This is a tough one to answer because it does sound like your kitten should have a vet visit.

Little ones don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration so if she has had diarrhea for a while she can get quite sick.

Your vet will want to see a stool sample and will test for certain types of parasites that aren't killed by common dewormers such as giardia or coccidia.

They will likely prescribe medication to help with the diarrhea as well.

It is also possible that your kitten has a virus such as panleukopenia which can be serious.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that I can recommend for Kitty. I would advise to avoid giving any milk or any treats and to avoid changing her food. But, if she has diarrhea for more than 48 hours or if she does not want to eat then she does need to see the vet.

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (17809 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (15501 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (8938 views)

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (7164 views)

Surgery needed for cruciate tear? Hello again Dr. Marie, you seem like a compassionate and caring person, so I would... (6589 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (17787 views)

Incontinent kitten. Hi there! I have a kitten who was found in a drain at about 3 weeks. The vets at... (14151 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog Piper, suddenly died today for no apparent reason. She has been... (24795 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (11832 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (70371 views)