Kitten diarrhea

Breed: oreo
the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside which we caught. We gave her a dewormer and since then she has had diarea for over a wk she is very active but I worry she always has a loose stool what should I give her. We can't aford to to take her to the vet. Thank you

This is a tough one to answer because it does sound like your kitten should have a vet visit.

Little ones don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration so if she has had diarrhea for a while she can get quite sick.

Your vet will want to see a stool sample and will test for certain types of parasites that aren't killed by common dewormers such as giardia or coccidia.

They will likely prescribe medication to help with the diarrhea as well.

It is also possible that your kitten has a virus such as panleukopenia which can be serious.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that I can recommend for Kitty. I would advise to avoid giving any milk or any treats and to avoid changing her food. But, if she has diarrhea for more than 48 hours or if she does not want to eat then she does need to see the vet.

Kitten eating her feces. My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why... (12849 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (11247 views)

Should we continue with antibiotics? Dear Dr. Marie, I'm writing about my cat who had a skin allergy which started... (7523 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (12880 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (6902 views)

Suddenly jumps up. I have a dauschund and sheltie mix dog. He's about 3 years old. I've had him for 2... (76638 views)

Achilles tendon problems in cat. Chloe recently started walking with her heel down to the ground on the right side(2... (11974 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (5545 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (11509 views)

Gray spot near a dog's penis. My dog has gray spot on the bottom by his penis is this normal? He never had them... (12844 views)