Kitten diarrhea

Breed: oreo
the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside which we caught. We gave her a dewormer and since then she has had diarea for over a wk she is very active but I worry she always has a loose stool what should I give her. We can't aford to to take her to the vet. Thank you

This is a tough one to answer because it does sound like your kitten should have a vet visit.

Little ones don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration so if she has had diarrhea for a while she can get quite sick.

Your vet will want to see a stool sample and will test for certain types of parasites that aren't killed by common dewormers such as giardia or coccidia.

They will likely prescribe medication to help with the diarrhea as well.

It is also possible that your kitten has a virus such as panleukopenia which can be serious.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that I can recommend for Kitty. I would advise to avoid giving any milk or any treats and to avoid changing her food. But, if she has diarrhea for more than 48 hours or if she does not want to eat then she does need to see the vet.

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (10554 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (13121 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (4583 views)

Cat pooping in the house. Princess has recently started pooping around the house (about 2 months). I have had... (21960 views)

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (19786 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (7027 views)

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (6460 views)

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (14483 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (17093 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (24132 views)