Kitten diarrhea

Breed: oreo
the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside which we caught. We gave her a dewormer and since then she has had diarea for over a wk she is very active but I worry she always has a loose stool what should I give her. We can't aford to to take her to the vet. Thank you

This is a tough one to answer because it does sound like your kitten should have a vet visit.

Little ones don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration so if she has had diarrhea for a while she can get quite sick.

Your vet will want to see a stool sample and will test for certain types of parasites that aren't killed by common dewormers such as giardia or coccidia.

They will likely prescribe medication to help with the diarrhea as well.

It is also possible that your kitten has a virus such as panleukopenia which can be serious.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that I can recommend for Kitty. I would advise to avoid giving any milk or any treats and to avoid changing her food. But, if she has diarrhea for more than 48 hours or if she does not want to eat then she does need to see the vet.

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (17856 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (29263 views)

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (7426 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (16069 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (6094 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (54919 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (29934 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (10098 views)

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (11466 views)

Aggressive cat. I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and... (8872 views)