Pain in nose and snout.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her nose she winces and if I try to open her mouth she yelps in pain. But she eats alright and drinks alright. She is use to me touching her face and everything. This use to be no problem. I tried to see if maybe something bite her but nothing seemed to be swollen except there was two ticks on the side of her nose but i took them off and she still was feisty. Do you think it might have something to do with being under my house all the time? Or with her being pregant? But I would think that if it had something to do with her getting bite then she would stop going under the house instead of being there all the time!! Really I have to call her name at least 5 times for her to just pop her head around the corner and the second I stop petting her she goes straight for under the house. I looked under there to see what makes her want to be there all the time but only found junk.

Can you help me? Please Try... I would like to take her to the vet but I don't have the funds.

Thanks for at least hearing me out. I know its pretty long but I would REALLY APPRECIATE!! Thanks again.

Sorry to hear that Minnie is not well! This is really a tough one to answer without examining your girl.

There are a number of things that can cause pain like this and ultimately you will need a visit to your vet to determine what it is. A few possibilities include:

-a tooth infection. If this is the case she will need to have surgery to have the tooth removed.
-A condition called masticatory myositis which is like severe muscle spasms in the jaw muscles. This can be treated with medication prescribed by your vet.
-A neck problem.
-Infection from where the ticks were.

If she is really uncomfortable you may want to check out this blog post to see if you can get some financial assistance in taking her to the vet:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Thanks for the advice but after I cut off the way to under my house, a couple of days later she was back to normal.

Good! I'm glad she is feeling better!

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (7651 views)

Basset Hound whining. My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints... (9194 views)

Baby teeth didn't fall out. My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them.... (10470 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (15408 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (4738 views)

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (8334 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (21761 views)

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (14309 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (13905 views)

Possible pyometra. My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge... (7890 views)