Pain in nose and snout.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her nose she winces and if I try to open her mouth she yelps in pain. But she eats alright and drinks alright. She is use to me touching her face and everything. This use to be no problem. I tried to see if maybe something bite her but nothing seemed to be swollen except there was two ticks on the side of her nose but i took them off and she still was feisty. Do you think it might have something to do with being under my house all the time? Or with her being pregant? But I would think that if it had something to do with her getting bite then she would stop going under the house instead of being there all the time!! Really I have to call her name at least 5 times for her to just pop her head around the corner and the second I stop petting her she goes straight for under the house. I looked under there to see what makes her want to be there all the time but only found junk.

Can you help me? Please Try... I would like to take her to the vet but I don't have the funds.

Thanks for at least hearing me out. I know its pretty long but I would REALLY APPRECIATE!! Thanks again.

Sorry to hear that Minnie is not well! This is really a tough one to answer without examining your girl.

There are a number of things that can cause pain like this and ultimately you will need a visit to your vet to determine what it is. A few possibilities include:

-a tooth infection. If this is the case she will need to have surgery to have the tooth removed.
-A condition called masticatory myositis which is like severe muscle spasms in the jaw muscles. This can be treated with medication prescribed by your vet.
-A neck problem.
-Infection from where the ticks were.

If she is really uncomfortable you may want to check out this blog post to see if you can get some financial assistance in taking her to the vet:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Thanks for the advice but after I cut off the way to under my house, a couple of days later she was back to normal.

Good! I'm glad she is feeling better!

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (80145 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (13782 views)

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (9263 views)

Vomiting and elevated liver enzymes. Hi Dr. Marie, I don't know the appropriate name for my dog's breed, but I have... (32540 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (8239 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (26932 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (10447 views)

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (11373 views)

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (11109 views)

Small dog ate large dog Trifexis. I gave my 3 dogs trifexis yesterday. My larger dog take the dose for 40.1 to 60... (28421 views)