Pain in nose and snout.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her nose she winces and if I try to open her mouth she yelps in pain. But she eats alright and drinks alright. She is use to me touching her face and everything. This use to be no problem. I tried to see if maybe something bite her but nothing seemed to be swollen except there was two ticks on the side of her nose but i took them off and she still was feisty. Do you think it might have something to do with being under my house all the time? Or with her being pregant? But I would think that if it had something to do with her getting bite then she would stop going under the house instead of being there all the time!! Really I have to call her name at least 5 times for her to just pop her head around the corner and the second I stop petting her she goes straight for under the house. I looked under there to see what makes her want to be there all the time but only found junk.

Can you help me? Please Try... I would like to take her to the vet but I don't have the funds.

Thanks for at least hearing me out. I know its pretty long but I would REALLY APPRECIATE!! Thanks again.

Sorry to hear that Minnie is not well! This is really a tough one to answer without examining your girl.

There are a number of things that can cause pain like this and ultimately you will need a visit to your vet to determine what it is. A few possibilities include:

-a tooth infection. If this is the case she will need to have surgery to have the tooth removed.
-A condition called masticatory myositis which is like severe muscle spasms in the jaw muscles. This can be treated with medication prescribed by your vet.
-A neck problem.
-Infection from where the ticks were.

If she is really uncomfortable you may want to check out this blog post to see if you can get some financial assistance in taking her to the vet:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Thanks for the advice but after I cut off the way to under my house, a couple of days later she was back to normal.

Good! I'm glad she is feeling better!

Chicken fillets by Beefeaters. Dear Dr. Marie, I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves... (14420 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (7263 views)

Flea problems. My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she... (10484 views)

Cold paws and sore belly. My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain... (12220 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (7094 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (31705 views)

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (10068 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (13086 views)

Bleeding after whelping. My female dog is now bleeding again 8 weeks after having her pups. Now I know she's... (81763 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (11602 views)