Green and black teeth.

Breed: Basenji
My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started eating less and I dont have the money to take him into the vet right now if they are just going to tell me they will fall out on their own. In this situation do you think they would need to pull his teeth or will they come out by themselves? He is snappy and will NOT let me near him with a toothbrush. He stopped eating dry food unless I soften it with a little canned food and even then he doesn't eat much. Thank you so much for your time, it is greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately there is no way you can treat this without seeing a vet. Bailey really does need to have some teeth removed and this needs to be done under an anesthetic. They will not all fall out on their own. Occasionally the odd one will, but not all.

Your vet may work with a company such as medicard or care credit to help you do financing.

When I have a case like this where the owner can't afford to have dental surgery I will often prescribe antibiotics to give to the dog for one week out of every month. While this doesn't cure the dental disease it really helps to cut down the infection.

I wish I had an at home solution for you, but there just isn't one!

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (8890 views)

Lethargic and following me around. Hi, My dog Harley is 3 yrs old. Starting 2 days ago he hasn't been acting like... (13718 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (8154 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (116641 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My can got attacked by a dog and she cant close her mouth all the way, but her tooth... (5949 views)

Cancerous growth in dog's mouth? Hi, I have just spotted a growth in my dogs mouth. What does mouth cancer look like... (14225 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (26181 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (224862 views)

Possible asthma My 7 year old cat has always had frequent hairballs. I have always suspected he had... (14528 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (6390 views)