Green and black teeth.

Breed: Basenji
My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started eating less and I dont have the money to take him into the vet right now if they are just going to tell me they will fall out on their own. In this situation do you think they would need to pull his teeth or will they come out by themselves? He is snappy and will NOT let me near him with a toothbrush. He stopped eating dry food unless I soften it with a little canned food and even then he doesn't eat much. Thank you so much for your time, it is greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately there is no way you can treat this without seeing a vet. Bailey really does need to have some teeth removed and this needs to be done under an anesthetic. They will not all fall out on their own. Occasionally the odd one will, but not all.

Your vet may work with a company such as medicard or care credit to help you do financing.

When I have a case like this where the owner can't afford to have dental surgery I will often prescribe antibiotics to give to the dog for one week out of every month. While this doesn't cure the dental disease it really helps to cut down the infection.

I wish I had an at home solution for you, but there just isn't one!

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (12900 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is almost 18 years old and he has kidney disease. He is on a special diet my... (12534 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (10957 views)

Diabetic cat problems. I have a diabetic cat who gets 4ml ProZinc 2x per day with meals. Normally she is... (8889 views)

Bleach got on dog's skin. Our child picked up some 2% bleach cleaning solution and sprayed it into our dog... (21865 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (62201 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (9730 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (13916 views)

Severely scratching ears. I've taken my dog to 3 vets so far for "allergy" symptoms. His episodes start with... (14832 views)

Pregnant dog has tick disease. my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her... (14328 views)