Green and black teeth.

Breed: Basenji
My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started eating less and I dont have the money to take him into the vet right now if they are just going to tell me they will fall out on their own. In this situation do you think they would need to pull his teeth or will they come out by themselves? He is snappy and will NOT let me near him with a toothbrush. He stopped eating dry food unless I soften it with a little canned food and even then he doesn't eat much. Thank you so much for your time, it is greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately there is no way you can treat this without seeing a vet. Bailey really does need to have some teeth removed and this needs to be done under an anesthetic. They will not all fall out on their own. Occasionally the odd one will, but not all.

Your vet may work with a company such as medicard or care credit to help you do financing.

When I have a case like this where the owner can't afford to have dental surgery I will often prescribe antibiotics to give to the dog for one week out of every month. While this doesn't cure the dental disease it really helps to cut down the infection.

I wish I had an at home solution for you, but there just isn't one!

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (9131 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (7189 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (14950 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (23936 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (10254 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (172209 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (12292 views)

Euthanasia question. Sad day! I had to put my beloved Angel to sleep. Still unnerved by what happened. ... (7375 views)

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (47981 views)

Dog pees in the house. Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out... (10650 views)