Green and black teeth.

Breed: Basenji
My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started eating less and I dont have the money to take him into the vet right now if they are just going to tell me they will fall out on their own. In this situation do you think they would need to pull his teeth or will they come out by themselves? He is snappy and will NOT let me near him with a toothbrush. He stopped eating dry food unless I soften it with a little canned food and even then he doesn't eat much. Thank you so much for your time, it is greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately there is no way you can treat this without seeing a vet. Bailey really does need to have some teeth removed and this needs to be done under an anesthetic. They will not all fall out on their own. Occasionally the odd one will, but not all.

Your vet may work with a company such as medicard or care credit to help you do financing.

When I have a case like this where the owner can't afford to have dental surgery I will often prescribe antibiotics to give to the dog for one week out of every month. While this doesn't cure the dental disease it really helps to cut down the infection.

I wish I had an at home solution for you, but there just isn't one!

Stopped Rimadyl because dog is sick. I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? Oh well Aussie aprx 12... (25084 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (5709 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (20449 views)

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (61284 views)

Sick kitten We recently found this kitten last week outside, when we found him we estimated that... (8941 views)

Can a dog get lice? Can my dog get lice... (6086 views)

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (7844 views)

Skinny 19 year old cat. Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have... (11316 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (46512 views)

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (10593 views)