Green and black teeth.

Breed: Basenji
My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started eating less and I dont have the money to take him into the vet right now if they are just going to tell me they will fall out on their own. In this situation do you think they would need to pull his teeth or will they come out by themselves? He is snappy and will NOT let me near him with a toothbrush. He stopped eating dry food unless I soften it with a little canned food and even then he doesn't eat much. Thank you so much for your time, it is greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately there is no way you can treat this without seeing a vet. Bailey really does need to have some teeth removed and this needs to be done under an anesthetic. They will not all fall out on their own. Occasionally the odd one will, but not all.

Your vet may work with a company such as medicard or care credit to help you do financing.

When I have a case like this where the owner can't afford to have dental surgery I will often prescribe antibiotics to give to the dog for one week out of every month. While this doesn't cure the dental disease it really helps to cut down the infection.

I wish I had an at home solution for you, but there just isn't one!

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (7851 views)

Cat flung himself around. Hello about 2 weeks ago my 12 year old cat was sleeping soundly when he woke up... (7015 views)

Yorkie not eating much food. My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup... (7349 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (24438 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (10090 views)

Antibiotics for stuffed up nose. Hello again Dr. Marie, writing again about our dog Sparky and have some questions.... (6661 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (8790 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (48162 views)

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (14910 views)

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (24313 views)