Give half pill of Iverhart?

Breed: Chinese Crested (Hai
I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two dogs only weigh 8.5 pounds each, wouldn't it be OK to cut the pill in half and give each dog a 1/2 pill each month?

We don't usually recommend splitting up heartworm medication. If the medication is not meant to be split in half, then you don't know if the medicine is evenly divided amongst the whole pill. You may find that one half of the pill has 90% of the medicine in it and the other half has only 10%. It really is best to use the full pill as prescribed.

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (37372 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (15080 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (13850 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (9639 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (34696 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (5543 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (9203 views)

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (40880 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (17765 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (4617 views)