Give half pill of Iverhart?

Breed: Chinese Crested (Hai
I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two dogs only weigh 8.5 pounds each, wouldn't it be OK to cut the pill in half and give each dog a 1/2 pill each month?

We don't usually recommend splitting up heartworm medication. If the medication is not meant to be split in half, then you don't know if the medicine is evenly divided amongst the whole pill. You may find that one half of the pill has 90% of the medicine in it and the other half has only 10%. It really is best to use the full pill as prescribed.

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (28291 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (13655 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (43481 views)

Recurrent bladder infection. I have a four month old pug puppy that has had symptoms of UTI since 4/8/13. She is... (12703 views)

Should dog be euthanized if he bites? We adopted a lab / hound mix dog from a local shelter. They didn't know much about... (12078 views)

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (27854 views)

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (17182 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (36095 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (9006 views)

Vomiting and not eating. My shepherd mix, Beanie, is 8 years old, weighs about 44 pounds, and has always been... (8197 views)