Give half pill of Iverhart?

Breed: Chinese Crested (Hai
I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two dogs only weigh 8.5 pounds each, wouldn't it be OK to cut the pill in half and give each dog a 1/2 pill each month?

We don't usually recommend splitting up heartworm medication. If the medication is not meant to be split in half, then you don't know if the medicine is evenly divided amongst the whole pill. You may find that one half of the pill has 90% of the medicine in it and the other half has only 10%. It really is best to use the full pill as prescribed.

Drinking and urinating more. my dog is drinking so much water lately.and she is also leaving large wet spots on... (9333 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (8638 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (13675 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (10905 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (16035 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (7198 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (10994 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (8913 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (10471 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (13945 views)