Give half pill of Iverhart?

Breed: Chinese Crested (Hai
I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two dogs only weigh 8.5 pounds each, wouldn't it be OK to cut the pill in half and give each dog a 1/2 pill each month?

We don't usually recommend splitting up heartworm medication. If the medication is not meant to be split in half, then you don't know if the medicine is evenly divided amongst the whole pill. You may find that one half of the pill has 90% of the medicine in it and the other half has only 10%. It really is best to use the full pill as prescribed.

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (8123 views)

Cat constantly in heat. Hi, I have a cat, she is little less than 2 years old. She is always in heat like 1... (24900 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (7884 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (19811 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (9338 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (24557 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (23476 views)

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (91559 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (55363 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (7213 views)