Give half pill of Iverhart?

Breed: Chinese Crested (Hai
I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two dogs only weigh 8.5 pounds each, wouldn't it be OK to cut the pill in half and give each dog a 1/2 pill each month?

We don't usually recommend splitting up heartworm medication. If the medication is not meant to be split in half, then you don't know if the medicine is evenly divided amongst the whole pill. You may find that one half of the pill has 90% of the medicine in it and the other half has only 10%. It really is best to use the full pill as prescribed.

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (19864 views)

MacuGuard Ocular Support My 13 year-old, 16lbs, Poodle toy is on the Royal Canin Satiety Support, as... (8208 views)

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (16429 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (10995 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (8910 views)

Bleeding from penis won't stop. I have a british bulldog who began bleeding from his penis a week ago. Took him to... (44746 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (23408 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (23559 views)

Trifexis overdose? I think my Beagle gulped down my Coonhound's Trifexis dose. The Beage just had his... (33623 views)

Cat can't poop. hi am afraid it is a mega colon my cat is not giving any stool , although he is... (17819 views)