Give half pill of Iverhart?

Breed: Chinese Crested (Hai
I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two dogs only weigh 8.5 pounds each, wouldn't it be OK to cut the pill in half and give each dog a 1/2 pill each month?

We don't usually recommend splitting up heartworm medication. If the medication is not meant to be split in half, then you don't know if the medicine is evenly divided amongst the whole pill. You may find that one half of the pill has 90% of the medicine in it and the other half has only 10%. It really is best to use the full pill as prescribed.

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (9821 views)

Cat won't pee or poop. Hi there, I have a nine year old DLH female cat. For 5 years now she has had... (25814 views)

Surgery needed for cruciate tear? Hello again Dr. Marie, you seem like a compassionate and caring person, so I would... (4791 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (15372 views)

Can I feed raw veggies? Is it alright to feed our dog fresh, raw pieces of vegetables-like celery, green... (8535 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (12211 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (12097 views)

Rice grain like worms in poop. my dog has rice grain-like worms in her poop. can you tell me what kind they are.... (15068 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (13555 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (177209 views)