Give half pill of Iverhart?

Breed: Chinese Crested (Hai
I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two dogs only weigh 8.5 pounds each, wouldn't it be OK to cut the pill in half and give each dog a 1/2 pill each month?

We don't usually recommend splitting up heartworm medication. If the medication is not meant to be split in half, then you don't know if the medicine is evenly divided amongst the whole pill. You may find that one half of the pill has 90% of the medicine in it and the other half has only 10%. It really is best to use the full pill as prescribed.

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (13164 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is 17 years old. She has had kidney disease for five years. I have multiple... (18964 views)

Mark on dog's nose. Hello! My dog is a Toy Fox Terrier (5 years old). He is a typical hyperactive toy... (3739 views)

Azithromycin and cat death. I run my own rescue group. I do all the cleaning, transporting, adopting, and I... (9073 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (4490 views)

Swollen face after tooth removal. Two months ago, Chuck (our elderly dog who's become more and more aggressive when... (21416 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (4685 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (23142 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (16518 views)

Pitbull with rash Mister has been treated all his life for a skin rash he has. Before this year he... (9874 views)