Yellow skin and then died.

Breed:
today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his mouth was yellow and he was very cold.Do you have and awswer for that please help ,kara

I'm so sorry for your loss.

The yellow means that there was either a serious problem with Charlie's liver or his red blood cells.

My best guess is that he may have had a blood parasite called hemobartonella. This parasite destroys red blood cells and can cause the jaundice (yellow) color.

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (4313 views)

Lump on dog's belly. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel female - spayed when she was a... (14717 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (17645 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (19914 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (4214 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (5152 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (30870 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (3989 views)

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (10544 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (7634 views)