Kitten with white gums.

Breed: house cat
My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other one her gum are pure white we dewormed her and got the fleas we have lost alot of kittens don't want to lose more she is eating and drinking but not much

please help thanks so much

I get concerned when I hear about a kitten with white gums. White gums means that the kitten is severely low on red blood cells.

It is possible to be severely anemic (low on red blood cells) because of fleas, but there has to be a massive amount of fleas to cause this.

It's possible that the kitten has picked up a blood parasite called hemobartonella. Hemobartonella is also known as mycoplasma felis. This parasite is spread through fleas. It is usually treated with an antibiotic that you would need to have prescribed by your vet.

Your kitten definitely needs to see a vet right away.

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (51532 views)

Too young for euthanasia? Is there an age too young for... (5151 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (9548 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (19872 views)

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (30353 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (7707 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (10130 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (8042 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (16999 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (9356 views)