Kitten with white gums.

Breed: house cat
My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other one her gum are pure white we dewormed her and got the fleas we have lost alot of kittens don't want to lose more she is eating and drinking but not much

please help thanks so much

I get concerned when I hear about a kitten with white gums. White gums means that the kitten is severely low on red blood cells.

It is possible to be severely anemic (low on red blood cells) because of fleas, but there has to be a massive amount of fleas to cause this.

It's possible that the kitten has picked up a blood parasite called hemobartonella. Hemobartonella is also known as mycoplasma felis. This parasite is spread through fleas. It is usually treated with an antibiotic that you would need to have prescribed by your vet.

Your kitten definitely needs to see a vet right away.

Dog drinking less water. Over the past week, my dog has been drinking less water than usual. She usually... (18219 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (8899 views)

Wound on dog's ear. Hello, my puppy has a tiny hole underneath his ear flap. It's red and I worry its... (25882 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (11915 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (17105 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (22311 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (28882 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (64785 views)

Recall on Hill's food? My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of... (7083 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (10533 views)