Kitten with white gums.

Breed: house cat
My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other one her gum are pure white we dewormed her and got the fleas we have lost alot of kittens don't want to lose more she is eating and drinking but not much

please help thanks so much

I get concerned when I hear about a kitten with white gums. White gums means that the kitten is severely low on red blood cells.

It is possible to be severely anemic (low on red blood cells) because of fleas, but there has to be a massive amount of fleas to cause this.

It's possible that the kitten has picked up a blood parasite called hemobartonella. Hemobartonella is also known as mycoplasma felis. This parasite is spread through fleas. It is usually treated with an antibiotic that you would need to have prescribed by your vet.

Your kitten definitely needs to see a vet right away.

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (18720 views)

Diarrhea question. My 10 year old malamute just got up off the living room floor, leaving behind a... (8305 views)

Mercury levels in canned tuna cat food. My cat eats a lot of tuna flavored canned cat food. I have heard that mercury in... (16429 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (8321 views)

Dog leaking urine. Aud is 5 year old black mini poodle. The past 3 days she is leaking urine. She is... (20588 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (7162 views)

Skin lesions on dog's face. HI, my Chikita has been having some skin trouble and cant exactly figure out what it... (5454 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (8780 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (8350 views)

Anxious cat - medicine? Hello, My Cat Guen shows MANY attention seeking behaviors. She chews chords,... (20292 views)