Kitten with white gums.

Breed: house cat
My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other one her gum are pure white we dewormed her and got the fleas we have lost alot of kittens don't want to lose more she is eating and drinking but not much

please help thanks so much

I get concerned when I hear about a kitten with white gums. White gums means that the kitten is severely low on red blood cells.

It is possible to be severely anemic (low on red blood cells) because of fleas, but there has to be a massive amount of fleas to cause this.

It's possible that the kitten has picked up a blood parasite called hemobartonella. Hemobartonella is also known as mycoplasma felis. This parasite is spread through fleas. It is usually treated with an antibiotic that you would need to have prescribed by your vet.

Your kitten definitely needs to see a vet right away.

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (60742 views)

Not using litter box. For the past several months she has decided to stop using the litter box to poop in.... (10431 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (44686 views)

Sick after eating Iams ProHealth. My cat has been eating IAMS PROHEALTH and this morning he threw up 4 times and now... (8931 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (72260 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (7712 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (7386 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (7509 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (7224 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (6446 views)