Kitten with white gums.

Breed: house cat
My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other one her gum are pure white we dewormed her and got the fleas we have lost alot of kittens don't want to lose more she is eating and drinking but not much

please help thanks so much

I get concerned when I hear about a kitten with white gums. White gums means that the kitten is severely low on red blood cells.

It is possible to be severely anemic (low on red blood cells) because of fleas, but there has to be a massive amount of fleas to cause this.

It's possible that the kitten has picked up a blood parasite called hemobartonella. Hemobartonella is also known as mycoplasma felis. This parasite is spread through fleas. It is usually treated with an antibiotic that you would need to have prescribed by your vet.

Your kitten definitely needs to see a vet right away.

Care of orphaned kittens. I have a ferral outside cat who just had kittens and was attacked...most of thr... (8185 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (14931 views)

Yorkie has tartar on teeth. I have recently noticed that masey has tartar buildin up on her teeth, iv gave her... (9081 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (13823 views)

Increase in dog's thirst and urination. My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to... (10170 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (16404 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (12118 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (7736 views)

Coughing cat. i have a indoor cat - about 10 years old... she had been staying in our... (12775 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (6954 views)