Kitten with white gums.

Breed: house cat
My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other one her gum are pure white we dewormed her and got the fleas we have lost alot of kittens don't want to lose more she is eating and drinking but not much

please help thanks so much

I get concerned when I hear about a kitten with white gums. White gums means that the kitten is severely low on red blood cells.

It is possible to be severely anemic (low on red blood cells) because of fleas, but there has to be a massive amount of fleas to cause this.

It's possible that the kitten has picked up a blood parasite called hemobartonella. Hemobartonella is also known as mycoplasma felis. This parasite is spread through fleas. It is usually treated with an antibiotic that you would need to have prescribed by your vet.

Your kitten definitely needs to see a vet right away.

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (10249 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (20870 views)

Problems after ear cleaning. I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he... (13560 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (19051 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (19967 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (15278 views)

Puppy stepped on. my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15... (49797 views)

Time for euthanasia. Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and... (6119 views)

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (13458 views)

Dog ate sanitary pad About a month ago my dog got into the trash and chewed up some sanitary napkins. He ... (7816 views)